PART III

No rental allowed

---Part III---

 

Baekhyun hated being here. Sitting among the weeding guests and feeling like a stranger to his own mother’s wedding, was something he never planned on happening. And yet here he was, wearing his pristine grey suit, white shirt with black and pink tie. That was apparently the only thing good about this; going back to Seoul with a fresh new suit from expensive designer…and all that thanks to his mother. Polishing off his fifth glass of MUM champagne was like a duty, it was inconceivable for a wine and spirit lover as he was to let that precious liquid sleep in those open bottles.Now everything was gloomy but falling into pieces. He had long come to term his mother wasn’t someone important in his life anymore but this ceremony, from the start, had been a slap back into a reality he had tried to forget for so long. His mother had moved on without him and somehow, it seemed easier from her side than his. When he thought about it, he wasn’t part of her world anymore. She was now settled with her new fresh husband, her nice and large villa on the coast, and all that for the price of sacrificing her first family.  Baekhyun knew deep down forgiveness was still a mile away from his side, no matter how he tried persuading himself the opposite.He could hear people laughing, enjoying themselves, chatting, talking about memories they had with his own mother, something he couldn’t even do because of her 12-year absence. He was just a poor collected-and-stuck-together piece from her past in her new family. A piece that she apparently really tried to erase. 

He didn’t know why this could have been different from the other time he visited. It had never felt home here, although he loved that country so damn much. His place had never been here. It had always been in South Korea with his father, helping him healing his wounds caused by his mother’s departure. with his own weak heart to heal his father’s wound caused by his mother departure. Selfishness… that’s all it was. Baekhyun found himself wanting to be as selfish as she had been but at the end of the day, she was still his mother and he loved her somewhere inside. But right now, he wasn’t there yet. People on the dance floor were dancing at their heart content. Baekhyun even wondered why his mother included Korean pop songs and traditional one into her playlist. He was forced to admit that at least she hadn’t disowned her culture as well in the process.The only thing catching his eyes in the crowd was the little thing, as he wanted to call herwho was now shining with joy, sporting a mischievous smile as she looked for the next prank to do. Lena was the only good thing out of this union in Baekhyun’s point of view. Her step sister was the only person he felt closer. Though sometimes he felt like a stranger with her, Luna was young and so it was easier to act around her. She was the prefect mix between her Korean mother Min Kyung and his father Charles, who was very good with kid; Baekhyun had to give him credit. He had heard from her mother, Charles was familiar with the Korean culture, his first wife being actually an ex-government worker deployed in South Korea. They both lived there for almost 10 years before they came back in France while she was pregnant with their only son. But in their trip, they met another human being they wanted to shower with love so they started an adoption process to make this orphan boy, theirs.Just like that, they raised two adorable sons in this world, his mother’s words, until his wife passed away from a lung cancer. He had raised two boys on his own before meeting Baekhyun’s mother and now they were portraying the perfect, successful, mixed remarried couple. Their happiness was just too shiny that it could blind Baekhyun who was still lagging behind. He looked at his sister hungrily looking at the enormous cake and he knew he had to stop her before she made a big mistake. At least, his mother and her new husband would have the chance to slice it in front of the guests. Before he got ready for any action, he got stopped by a hand on his forearm, holding him tightly. When he looked at the owner of this hand, he was surprised to see a long pearly white gown at his feet. He wondered how his mother had been able to reach him in a flash. Last time he saw her; she was on the dance floor with her husband.

“Is there something wrong? If not I need to prevent that little demon to destroy the piece monte like a piece of cake” he said gulping the rest of champagne inside his glass, just regretting the lame joke.

“Baekhyun, are you okay honey?” she genuinely asked worried as a mother should be when kids are in distress.

“I’m fine mom” His tone was harsh enough for her to understand nothing was right here.

 

“Don’t lie to me…you’ve been staying alone while everybody is partying over there. Actually you’ve been staying away since you arrived yesterday night. I know you don’t want to be here but I want you to know how important it has been for me…I needed you at the altar today and you did an amazing job. You are my only son honey” and she tried to tug some strands of hair behind his ear but he stopped her the minute her fingers reached it.

“Don’t do that…I’m not your little kid anymore…. It’s been a while I’m not your baby anymore…so please don’t do that. You decided to leave, don’t pretend now to want a real relationship or that you need me because you are the one who decided to leave us” He could hear his mother gulping the anxiousness away…or at least was trying to.

“Baekhyun listen to me …” She said as she held his chin firm, forcing his eyes on her. “I did leave your dad but I never left you …you are my son for god sake! How can I leave you behind?  Yes, I was not there those last 12 years but I believed, I was there in the most important challenges you and I had. I took care of you as best as I could, but I was losing myself in the family we were forming. I would like to say I regret my choice, but I don’t. I visited you for 4 years until your majority but it was like you didn’t need me near you…I could tell that you didn’t need me there. I’m so proud of the successful man you became, you deserved it…and I deserved to be happy too…you don’t know what kind of hardship I went through the moment I gave birth to you…” Baekhyun perfectly knew but though he didn’t want to face all those reasons.

“And was that my fault then?” Baekhyun’s stare on his mother was strong with a determination that she could recognize as hers.

“Baby…being sick is nobody’s fault and if there was one person to be blamed, it would be me honey…I’m the one that gave birth to you that way…” Baekhyun pinched his nose, trying to calm down or his words would have bitten like venom.

“Mom, I’m not mad at you because I had a heart disease, I’m mad because you thought I was okay enough to just stop being around me…I hate you because you didn’t work hard enough for our family to work again” Baekhyun tried to stop the tears threatening but he couldn’t lose it in front of those strangers. The woman in her white gown was already pouring.

“Baekhyun you are my son, my own flesh and I love you…I love you so damn much. But I couldn’t sacrifice more than I already had.  I couldn’t stay with your father, we weren’t happy and we were both suffering…You were the only thing good we did and I’m so glad you were born that day. I just couldn’t stay unhappy forever.  When you will be ready to find your own happiness Baekhyun, you will understand why I did that.” Her son felt guilty, making her mother cried the day of her wedding wasn’t what he expected. He felt obliged to take care of her but that’s not what he wanted.

“Mom, please don’t cry” He handed her a tissue and took another one to help her wipe the tears. “I never meant to make you cry today but I’m angry and lost right now because I feel like a stranger here…like an alien in that new life you built for yourself here...in some way I feel like I lost you already and you are getting every minute farer away from me. I know I’m a grown up man but sometimes I need you but I can’t find a way to reach you. I’ve been here for almost one day but I have no idea how to get close to you…”

“Trust me, I have tried but since you arrived here I have been in the wedding prep, you’ve been distant more than usual…I don’t know what happened before you get here but I can tell something is on your mind. I have tried to talk to you but you were right, you are not my baby so I can’t act that way with you. I should just wait for you to get to me…but I’m your mother I will always feel when something is up. I know this was a delicate situation so I didn’t want to be overbearing but my first instinct was to jump on you, take you in my arms and shower you with love and kiss” there was a smile forming on Baekhyun’s lips.

“I missed you so much Khyunnie” She took him in her arms, cradling his head on her chest almost suffocating him but Baekhyun wouldn’t even think about escaping at this moment. He couldn’t express how refreshing and comfy it was to be surrounded by his mother’s love.  He had missed that so much, and he wanted that to last. It had him thinking about the fact that maybe he was responsible for the lack in his relationship and with this thought in mind, he couldn’t stop hugging her back. When he let go of his desperate hold on her, he used his thumbs to dry the wetness on the cheeks he remembered cradling a lot on his hospital bed when he was young.

“You are really beautiful today, you shouldn’t let your mascara run with tears” Baekhyun smiled weakly at her as she was his chest on the left, an action that she had tended to make every time he would be anxious, just where he had his heart transplant. That touch only had him reconnect with his mother instantly, memories resurging… bad, sad and good ones that they shared.

“I know I didn’t tell you, but congratulations for this” Baekhyun showed the surroundings with his hands.

“Thank you…It was important for me that you be there”

“Don’t lie you would have married Charles with or without me”

She pinched his button nose almost ready to scold him.

“I needed the consent of the first man in my life I swear” She kissed him on the cheek, quickly trying to get a hold on her dress. “When are you going to stop growing more handsome every time? I’m sure you are capturing hearts honey” Baekhyun scoffed as how cheesy his mother could be.

“I’m really not. I’m pretty bad at relationship”

“When you’ll find the one, you will know Baekhyun. But you will have to take your chance at it. Don’t wait that everything comes for you, sometimes you have to provoke it” She tightened her hold on his hand, her thumb on the back of his hand.

“I’m pretty sure I missed my chance then” Baekhyun mumbled looking at his empty glass, his thoughts wandering then focusing in the events that happened yesterday with his handsome, yet enigmatic stranger…Park Chanyeol. Baekhyun was wondering what the guy was probably doing right now.

In a frenzy he didn’t understand, Baekhyun’s smother pulled on his arm to drag him with her “It seems Charles’s sons had just arrived. Let me introduce you …come with me” He didn’t want to do it. It wasn’t like he cared anyway. He was so confused right now, he was just having a moment with her and now he was about to share her attention with strangers again.

He reluctantly followed his mother, taking a new glass of champagne on his way, definitely pouting. Walking toward them, he noticed a taller blonde guy, next to him there was an even taller guy with jet black hair who was having his arm around the blonde guy’s shoulders. That height was familiar, also the backside, but Baekhyun was sure alcohol was taking control of his mind and his body at the same time. Because he was sure he was having hallucination; there was no way…

Charles patted Baekhyun on the shoulder before pressing him in a half-hug against his chest. He held his hand for his bride who joined him at his side.

“I want you to meet my sons, Sebastian and Chanyeol” he introduced as the two mentioned persons turned around to face Baekhyun. There was an urgent need for Baekhyun to just run away and never come back. Saying it was a small world right now would sound dumb but there it was. Chanyeol was in front of his eyes, in flesh. And though for a second, he thought it was another chance given to him, he saw himself going to hell when everything clicked in his mind. Chanyeol, his handsome stranger, was no other than the adoptive son of the man his mom remarried. From the way Chanyeol’s face contorted in a grimace, there was no way that was good news for him. He couldn’t believe it. When he tried to make a logic about it, something wasn’t quite right about all this.

Charles patted him again on the right shoulder as if he was trying to bring life back to his body. This introduction was chaotic from the start. As he reached Sebastian’s hand to shake it, he could feel sweat behind his neck.

“And there is my other handsome son, Chanyeol. He can speak Korean, maybe you will feel comfier talking to him” Charles said ecstatically, unaware of Baekhyun’s petrified state, in front of the guy he actually liked. He finally came to this conclusion last night when he turned endlessly in his bed. Baekhyun could see the surprise in Chanyeol’s eyes and if he was looking deeper he could also notice the uneasiness. Their hand tried to reach each other but it was with difficulty on both sides that they succeeded.

It was Chanyeol who bravely took Baekhyun’s hand, having that electric tingling sensation, the exact same one when they met for the first time, and it created a smile in the corner of Chanyeol’s mouth.

“Nice to meet you Baekhyun…” Then Chanyeol looked at his mother “I didn’t know you had a son who looks just like you”

“I would have told you if only you visited your father more often…I would have told you a lot about me”

“And now I regret it” he said glancing at Baekhyun in a way it made his skin just fire up.

They talked for a while, Charles and his mother mostly doing the conversation with Sebastian and Chanyeol. Baekhyun was quite receptive but he only stayed in his shell and never dared make a comment. It was becoming harder to breathe in this three-piece suite which was gradually stuffing him by the minute. He needed a way out and have a chat with the only person who could make him feel sane and soberer. He looked at his watch and made a quick calculation in his mind before deciding to make the only thing his best friend would kill him for…disturbing her sleep.Both their parents eclipsed themselves from the scene to join their guests. Indeed, they were dying to talk and share with them. Baekhyun took this as a cue to leave the table they were crowded around right now. Baekhyun loosened his tie that until now he considered was really nice until he took a closer look Chanyeol. Remembering about Sunny’s description of the guy, he couldn’t deny the fact he just looked like a model right now in his black suit and light grey tie. Chanyeol’s bang was fixed on the right, well cut and designed…like he was out of a magazine. The memory of his lips on his was a need aching in his core and at the same time a burden considering the situation.

Chanyeol did his best to mask his uneasiness through the all meeting. When his dad told him he was going to be surprised by his new wife that he had just met once, long ago, he never expected to be that surprised. He hadn’t asked that much either. When he saw the smaller fidgeting, untying the col of his shirt, he knew Baekhyun was ready to make an escape sooner or later. The guy was just like he remembered. Though they parted 2 days ago it seemed like an eternity for Chanyeol. From where he could watch him now, Baekhyun was still the same delicate guy he grew to know for about 9 hours, reserved and calm, someone you want to know what he is hiding inside. Before they parted ways on that particular day, Chanyeol had been able to have a glimpse of Baekhyun’s way of thinking. Secretly, he wanted to know more but he knew their trip was coming to a term. Also, the older didn’t give any signs on wanting to keep contacts. That is why Chanyeol didn't do any move to keep a foot in Baekhyun's life. As he walked next to the famous Palais des congress, near the beach he was regretting not having at least ask for a phone number. The day after, when he spent it with his friends next to the port, diving in the water and mostly drinking, all his thoughts he had about Baekhyun decreased but the guy was still there in a corner of his mind. When he wasn’t talking to his friends or playing, he was wondering if...

 

He took a seat with his brother Sebastian, talking and cheering with his dad’s family, congratulating the new couple. He had to say Baekhyun's mom was a beautiful woman and so he could understand his dad's decision to marry her. But his eyes were instantly drawn to the petite male who was now fumbling his phone. Then he saw the guy walked around and disappear from the dining area and in a second he was gone. He already knew Baekhyun's reactions and the last thing he wanted now was to lose him. He just wanted to keep an eye on him until all this take an end and they could talk openly to each other later. Baekhyun walked his way to a nice garden further than where the guests were all gathered. Struggling to find somewhere he could find enough network, he finally stopped in his track when the call finally went through. It was ringing on the other side of the line. When he finally got a hold on his best friend he almost panicked on her as he told her about everything that happened today.

He needed help because he was going crazy at the moment and he just couldn't face Chanyeol. Then he finally blamed it on her, that everything happening was her fault. She wouldn't have set her eye on this guy, he would have never met him. That was before she had him realized they would have met anyway here...at the weeding. Baekhyun pinched his nose, trying to think and breathe at the same time but he underestimated the difficulty. Sunny was the one to ask him if she had to take a plane to come see him and although it was tempting to have her here for the 3 days left, he decided it was his battle to fight and not hers. Why should he even bother or feel scared? It’s not like he did something wrong, except responding to Chanyeol’s kiss. And now Chanyeol was what? ...His brother. Once again when he put it all together, it seemed inappropriate. He couldn’t imagine even going public with that. People would not understand and only judge them. And what about their parents? His mother would hate him for that mistake? He already had issues with his mother he didn’t want to make it harder for her. What would Charles think of all that? He would be so ashamed to face on of them. All that was wrong and he hoped he could just stay far away from him but at the time this decision crossed his mind, he turned around and almost had a heart attack.  

“Hey" Baekhyun said softer than he thought he would as he watched the taller come closer.

"Hello Baekhyun...you look fine" Chanyeol wanted to beat himself for saying something so pathetic. Baekhyun surprised by the comment only raised his eyebrows questioningly.

"Why wouldn't I look fine?" Baekhyun threw back at Chanyeol still sounding amused.

" I mean you look very great in that suit...very great...handsome" the last word died on his lips almost inaudible but Baekhyun still caught it. Chanyeol’s confidence made a comeback as he watched redness spread on Baekhyun’s face.

"Thanks ...you are not that bad either ..." Baekhyun tried to articulate, sparing Chanyeol all details about how effing handsome he was in that three-piece black suit. In response, Chanyeol winked at him, which made Baekhyun’s eyes roll and tugged a little on his suit vest.

"The suit makes it all" Chanyeol added before silence took over.
The few silences they had and in which they had been used to, were comfortable but this one was something else...heavy and painful somehow.
Chanyeol wanted to close the 5-foot distance separating them, pushed by the invisible string that was pulling him toward Baekhyun. But he had to do it smoothly this time. While he thought about how to start the discussion, it was Baekhyun who rang the end of this unbearable silence.

"Did you know before we met?" Baekhyun tried to sound the less accusatory possible but at the moment, it was getting hard to think sanely.

"I honestly didn't know...and for the record, it was your friend who approached me...plus I barely visit my father and I knew only little about his new wife…well your mom" Somehow Chanyeol’s answer appeased him a little.

"How in the world that can happen" Baekhyun threw the question in the air not expecting a direct answer from Chanyeol.

"Maybe we were meant to meet at some point ... maybe destiny " Chanyeol giggled a little at his own comment.

"Please don't joke about it. There is nothing funny about that trust me " seeing how serious Baekhyun was about this, he tried to sound more serious. He couldn't screw that up this time."

"But think about it...if we hadn't meet at that time, we would have meet today. Eventually we would have attended our parents weeding..."

"Yeah but I wouldn't have had a crush on my brother because I believe it is what we are now." The simple idea Baekhyun could see him as a brother now and nothing else, had him going crazy, hence the harsh tone he used after.

“We both know that we are not blood related at all, so I don't think it’s gonna be the problem "

"Okay so we can put everything behind and pretend nothing happened then...I think it's the right thing to do" the smaller looked sheepishly at Chanyeol. There was a genuine tenderness in his smile that brought back so many memories of their short trip together, as when he finally decided to open to him about his life or when he was telling him about what he had fun with when he wasn't busy working at the hospital.

"Is it the right thing to do or the thing you want to do...I'm certainly not going to play pretend with you...or act like there wasn't a single moment I wasn’t attracted to you." Chanyeol admitted calmly facing Baekhyun with the facts.

"It doesn't matter anyway because you didn't want this to last remember? That's why we didn't keep any contact...we never planned on seeing each other, that was the all plan"

"There never was a plan Baekhyun" Chanyeol said desperately. " from the day your friend introduced you to me, it has always been improvisation and putting with you, moving at your pace from good surprise to another one. That wasn't planned, you being the son of the woman my adoptive dad decided to marry wasn't planned either"

Baekhyun didn't realize how close they had grown until he felt Chanyeol’s hand on his cheek warm and firm just as he liked it. He didn't expect to need that touch but eventually he did and sought for it as his hand braced around Chanyeol’s wrist. Every signals in his mind told him this was wrong and he shouldn't pursue that. Tiptoeing to just a short time for Chanyeol to reach him they shared a chaste kiss that both were craving and earned for more.

But Baekhyun knew better that there were boundaries he couldn't let go of. The thin line between sanity and foolishness couldn't be crossed in his mind. He wasn't ready for a short fling and he couldn't see any future in that kind of relationship.

Chanyeol could see in Baekhyun’s eyes there were a million of questions passing through...and he knew he didn't have an answer to them. The brunette wouldn't share and let him help raising his frustration.

"What is it that you want Baekhyun?” Chanyeol asked.

" I don't know..." he sounded resigned as if he was about to let something go off of his reach because he had to, and not because he wanted to.

"Is that a brush off?" Chanyeol smiled bitterly though.

"No… I'm trying to make you see my point here Chanyeol" Baekhyun’s tone got angrier filled with irritation. apparently Chanyeol didn't want to make effort to understand him. It wasn't like he could forget about the all weeding, his son duties toward his mother and just jump Chanyeol on the spot. That was what he wanted but he had to stop himself for the sake and respect of the new family his mother had now. How could he just face her someday confessing that sin? How could he build something with Chanyeol with that fact in mind. From all point it was wrong and impossible, no matter how connected he was with Chanyeol.

It might had been the first time he ever felt such a strong connection with someone and he strongly believed Chanyeol when he said there were probably meant to be. 
When he saw his step sister, whom he wasn't that close of, running toward them in her pretty pink dress, he knew there was no way he would be able to deepen the bond he just had with Chanyeol.

"I think we should go back...they might ask where we went" 

"They don't care Baekhyun" Chanyeol was overwhelmed by the way things were going on, just because Baekhyun wasn’t confident enough and was filling his mind with useless thoughts, but he wasn’t one to go against someone's will. "okay, then we won't talk about it anymore" Baekhyun's throat tightened, Chanyeol's answer almost suffocating him. The taller shoved his hands in his trouser pockets and started walking just before he stopped.

"For your information, I'm staying here for the next three days...gonna spend time with my dad you see… " Chanyeol said ultimately. At least Baekhyun would have to bear with his presence. The smaller didn't had the time to make a comeback, Chanyeol was already gone, going back where the party was going wild.

Chanyeol didn't want to ruminate in his own but he couldn't help it at this time. From the moment he went back to the party until its end, he kept looking at Baek Hyun.  He couldn't exactly describe how confused and disappointed he was as he wondered if Baekhyun wasn't crazy to just turn him down when he thought they connected at some level. Reasons got over him and decided to take some space from his spot where he was suffocating to go crack a cigarette down the patio and veranda. He snorted remembering how Baekhyun scolded him when he tried to smoke a cigarette in the car. He sat on a chair, looking intensely at the pool, the view slowly getting blurred with smoke.

"I told you already you shouldn't smoke, didn't I?" Baekhyun’s voice was so clear and impregnated in his mind, he couldn't mistake it. They just exchanged a look but he didn't give any answer to the smaller.

Baekhyun just dropped his tired body on a wooden laying chair next to Chanyeol. The younger looked at the small man next to him, who was trying to find a way to sit comfortably.  Baekhyun started laughing at himself and almost fell from the chair he was on. Chanyeol knew something was wrong.

"Are you drunk?"

"Apparently not enough!" Baekhyun said still laughing. He stood up to go in Chanyeol's direction. the poor taller guy got his leg crushed when Baekhyun just let his body drop where he was sitting, quietly smoking. He wished he could have stop the reaction from the growing pain that followed.

"Damn that hurts..." He violently pushed Baekhyun off of his now painful lap, holding dearly on it. Baekhyun could see Chanyeol's face was morphing in pain and asked himself what he had done again. It seemed whenever he was next to this guy he would do something dumb enough. He couldn't even think about something to make that better because it was too dizzy inside of his head at the moment.

"I'm sorry". It was the only thing logical he thought saying when Chanyeol's large eyes focused on him. Chanyeol might have seen the destress in his eyes because the anger he had just vanished.

"it's okay but please do not try to kill me again" He seriously warned him just before Baekhyun broke into a laugh. "Do I look funny or what?" Chanyeol said picking up his cigarette he let down when Baekhyun surprisingly pull a stunt on him, almost breaking his leg in the process. He was about to smoke on it, watching Baekhyun closely, trying to figure out what the guy wanted from him exactly. Right now, he had not a clue about what was going on. One minute the guy would be cold and brushing him off, the next he would try to reach him. He closely looked at Baekhyun as the latter was closing his eyes every second because of tiredness and too much alcohol in his system. Then, he looked how Baekhyun's cute nose buried itself in the crook of his neck. Chanyeol would have loved the skinship and all, if the guy wasn't reeking of alcohol. 

“Jesus Baekhyun how many glasses did you have exactly?"  Chanyeol tried to turn his head away but the guy was stuck to him in a way that was bothering Chanyeol in the really wrong way.

"you smell awful too...drop that cigarette or I'm going to vomit" Chanyeol looked at the guy who right now, was looking pitiful. He even dared to threaten him when he was at his worst, and Chanyeol could just smile to that. He wondered how this guy could make his heart feel like it is in a rollercoaster. 

"You are dumb" Chanyeol just said talking to himself but the smaller still heard it.

"I'm not dumb ...I can't be dumb; I am a surgeon" Baekhyun replied back.

"Then you are a dumb surgeon" he snorted which had Baekhyun laughing as well. Despite all of that, the strong, hideous smell was nauseous enough to push Baekhyun away. The latter was sticking to him like a leech for the moment, still nuzzling Chanyeol’s neck. And although the smell was bothering him the sensation wasn't unpleasant. Wind blew on their side, delicately brushing Baekhyun's hair and there was a familiar sent that brought back memories of a trip Chanyeol wouldn't forget… this coconut water smell that was making Baekhyun’s hair gorgeous, for a moment, dissipating the alcohol smell. Chanyeol liked it, he pushed some strands of hair away and placed his lips delicately on Baekhyun's forehead, hiding his smile. How could he be so interested into someone he barely knew, someone that he was getting unconsciously attached to by the minute, whenever he would be next to him? Lost in his thoughts, he rapidly came back to reality when Baekhyun started on the thin skin of his neck. He wished he could have let the man continue his task but that was all wrong for the good reasons. He needed Baekhyun fully aware of what he was doing and preferably clean and fresh because somehow the smell of alcohol was a total turn off for Chanyeol.

"Baekhyun stop...please" Chanyeol had a hard time dealing with a needy and whiny Baekhyun, and finally his anger got the best of him. He stood up and pulled Baekhyun with him. There was so much Chanyeol could bear. He wanted Baekhyun, the need was aching him, but he needed them both feet on the ground if and when they were going to do this. 

Chanyeol had spotted a poolside shower not far from where they were sitting. He pulled Baekhyun who surprisingly was able to walk despite his drunken state.

"You are such a light weight god dammit" Chanyeol said struggling to place Baekhyun under the head shower. When he was sure the spot was right, he turned cold water on, getting the result he initially wanted. Baekhyun almost shocked when cold water came in contact with his burning skin. His soul almost departed from his body when he jumped out of surprise.

"What the ?" Baekhyun screamed out loud.

"Hey! Hey! you calm down and stay under the water" No need to say that Baekhyun had to do what he was told, even if he was freezing right now. At least cold ice water gave him time to think about what was going on right now.

Chanyeol left him to grab a towel he had spotted earlier on a chair, a bit farer than where they were. Baekhyun looked at him carefully as he was being handled, his vest and shirt taken away. Chanyeol was taking care of him in such a nice way, he was feeling ashamed for what he did earlier. The taller took his time to dry his hair while Baekhyun watched Chanyeol’s cigarette crumbling on the table. Starting to be honest with himself, he realized he had more than simple crush feelings on him.

Weather was nice at that period even at night, so he really wasn't freezing to the bone. But instinctively, he was looking for a comfortable warmth and like a magnet his body was driven to Chanyeol’s.

"Put that towel around you so you won’t be cold. Maybe we should go back so you can dry your hair " Chanyeol added.

"I don't want to go back there right now...I want to stay there for a while..."

"Okay then I will tell your mother you are still down there just in case something happen" Chanyeol started walking away. He was about to pick up his cigarette again. As far he was concerned, his job was done here but instead Baekhyun pushed him flush against him, he could feel the wetness of Baekhyun pants slowly soaking his. They just stayed there looking at each other.

"I meant with you Chanyeol. I want to stay there with you"

"Are you still drunk?" 

"Maybe ...I'm still a bit dizzy but thoughts are clear... he doesn't lessen the fact I kind of like you and I’m just scared by this situation… my mum your dad ..." He got cut by Chanyeol.

"My adoptive dad whom I extremely love…but still my adoptive dad" Chanyeol clarified. "I get what you're saying but everything is clear for me...You kind of like me while I have apparently deeper feelings for you Baekhyun" He whispered the last part, words dying on the tip of his tongue. The lower Chanyeol's voice was, the closer their faces were getting, until their noses were brushing against each other, their breath mingling brushing, on each other face. Chanyeol could feel how tense the both of them were now. When the taller looked into Baekhyun's eyes, they were only mirroring the want of his own eyes. Lips were brushing delicately with temptation on Baekhyun's upper lips, the strong scent of alcohol seeming to have considerably diminish by the time they got closer. Chanyeol's lips ghosted on Baekhyun's skin from the corner of his mouth to the beginning of his ear, blowing hot air that tickled the smaller.

It was much more than Baekhyun could take right now and brushing his nose gently on Chanyeol’s chin rapidly became insufficient, so he pushed into the taller wanting to feel the warmth of his chest. Chanyeol kissed his forehead, bringing his lips down until it reached his nose, and then, he could only do much than trap Baekhyun’s lips with his. There, they were reliving the kiss they shared under the rain but with something deeper and more urgent, a need to feel the other not just testing the probability. Chanyeol could barely think as his lips were pressed on Baekhyun's. His hands clutched on Baekhyun's collar, slowly sliding up on his cheeks and holding him where he wanted him. Baekhyun, eyes closed, just let himself go, his knees weakening under his weight. He held onto Chanyeol's vest to kiss him back vigorously. His hands grabbing Chanyeol’s hair, tugging making the taller gasp under the hard touch. He gave access to Baekhyun to test the tip of his tongue until Chanyeol devoured him. The kiss was moist, purposeful, direct as if they were running out of time and they wouldn't be able to share that ever again.  Chanyeol made sure Baekhyun was bitten to purple as he trapped his bottom lip several time, creating moans from the smaller.

Chanyeol didn't realize exactly when Baekhyun grabbed his face hungrily, giving him enough time to roam his hands on his body but somehow the pleasure was too intense just when Baekhyun lost his balance. He slightly moved backward, his foot sliding back in the shower receptacle. Chanyeol followed him also tripping on his feet, letting him no choice other than taking a hold of the poolside shower holder in order to not fall flat on the floor. At the same time, he accidentally pushed the button, turning the water on. And even though the both of them jumped at the sudden cold water attack on their burning skin, Baekhyun grabbed Chanyeol to keep going wild on each other because he wanted it and needed it as much as the taller. Baekhyun felt his neurons couldn't connect as he was suffering from lack of air, the water entering his nose and Chanyeol on his tongue. He backed away when all of this became too much for him to handle but he didn't miss the smile on Chanyeol's lips and his hungry stare before he pecked Baekhyun’s lips. They both looked up realizing the shower head wasn't spreading water anymore on them.

 

"I think I’m gonna head inside...I need to change clothes" Chanyeol said tugging on Baekhyun's hand a little as an invitation. Chanyeol hoped Baekhyun would follow but he didn't. Instead, he let go off Chanyeol's large hand that fitted his so well because he just couldn't follow him there. He knew what was going to happen if he followed and he didn't want that to happen not that soon, not at his mother's wedding and definitely not for that cliché.

"I think you should go I'm gonna stay here for a bit" Baekhyun said tightening the now wet towel around him and then realization fell upon Chanyeol...Baekhyun would never come his way anyway and he should have figured it out the minute of the first brush off. But the kiss they just had was telling him so many contradicting things, he wanted more but Baekhyun was keeping him away. Chanyeol smiled hiding his disappointment while Baekhyun tightened his lips in embarrassment. He knew he should go for it already. Even though he didn't know him perfectly, Chanyeol was everything he could ask in a man. Even for a one-night stand; he knew he should go down all the way but somehow he was scared of everything that simple action could do and all the damages it could do to his poor weak heart. Just like this, he sat back on the chair, thinking about all this. He only stopped when Chanyeol came back with a fresh new shirt for him to change. The guy was too nice, accommodating and Baekhyun was too ashamed. Chanyeol had changed into a baby blue shirt that made him angelic with his young baby face like. 

" Even though the weather is nice I don't want you to get a pneumonia out there" Chanyeol handed him the white shirt. 

"Thanks you didn't have to" Baekhyun said while observing the taller. He could tell something had changed in Chanyeol's behavior from earlier, but still he had been nice and well educated to bring him something he could change into. He could see Chanyeol's eyes was detached and if they really weren't, he was trying hard to detach them from Baekhyun. At this moment, the older grasped how much power he had on Chanyeol but he wasn't really sure if he wanted to use it and see at what extent that bond could bring them.

"I knew I didn't have to but, I believe this is me being nice and thoughtful" Chanyeol said "I never realized hooking up with someone like you, was that hard" He snickered "someday you'll have to know what you want exactly Baekhyun” Chanyeol added with bitterness in his voice before he left, returning to the party.