EIGHT.

Runaway You

 

Today, your body felt soulless after what happened last night. Dark circle also can be seen slightly under your eyes. You woke up a little late today and you almost late for work. You gathered all your energy to stand up but unfortunately your body was limp until you inclined your body against the wall.

You grabbed your head that was in so much pain, your eyes got blurry too. *No, you can’t get sick right now.* when you tried to push yourself to go, yet Seungcheol blocked your way.

You looked up and saw him glued expressionlessly, “Aish, you got sick, don’t you?” His voice didn’t sound like he is worry or whatever, just flat.

“Ah yeah, my head hurts a little.” You replied.

You could hear him sighed, “Because of last night? Rest well then.”

“I can’t rest now. I’m going to work today.” you asked weakly. That’s important for you anyway.

“Well, I’ll go to the restaurant and say you can’t go to work today.” He suggested, but isn’t that a bad idea for him to walk around the town with his condition?

“Is that okay for you? Don’t get outside yet, Seungcheol.” You looked at him with bigger eyes.

“Ah yeah, I thought about that too. But, I have been inside the house for days. I have to try to wander around too sometimes.” He shrugged.

“You sure?” You asked seriously and he replied you with a confident nod.

“Let’s say we’re even with that.” Then he smiled at you. You still wanted to see his smile longer but he already gone outside.

Out of the blue his head appeared form behind the door, “Go sleep, Eunhee. You have to help me buying groceries this afternoon.” Before you could responded he tight-lipped your mouth with a single winked. Suddenly you felt really sleepy after that and can’t stop smiling even if you closed your eyes to sleep. *Damn, Choi Seungcheol…*

Again, you woke up by someone disturbing you. First, you thought it was Seungcheol again so you shrugged him off nonchalantly. Not long after that, he shook your hand again, now you get a little bit emotional by him and tossed your body to other direction, wish he got your signal that you still wanted to get more sleep.

“Eunhee, wake up, dear. It’s already noon.” You grandmother spoked.

In a blink your eyes shot opened knowing it wasn’t Seungcheol instead of your grandmother. You sat up from your bed felt a little bit dizzy by your sudden act.

“Halmeoni?” You asked, to yourself and your grandmother, gathered your soul, “How long did I sleep?”

“3 days.” Seungcheol abruptly replied while passed your room’s door.

You brain digested what he just said before your eyes rounded, “WHAT?!” you yelled feeling your heart is going to fall from where its place.

Seungcheol grinned looking at your hideous expression, “Did I just say 3 days? I mean 3 hours, sorry.” Then he giggled in amusement.

You glared at him full of revenge. You promised you will return what he had done to you after this. You lost one good spot in his self after that and added another bad image about him to you, jerk.

“Are you feeling better, now? I heard from him you were sick this morning.” You grandmother rubbed your back, asked you with worry on her face.

You changed your attention to her and smiled, “I’m feeling better now, halmeoni. I think I was just tired earlier, don’t worry about me.” You answered calmly before you woke up.

You went to the kitchen to drink a glass of cold water then Seungcheol barged in with an empty basket around his arm and leaned on the kitchen counter, watching you.

“What do you want?” You inquired without looking back at him because you already disgusted by his previous acts.

He showed what he has in his hand to you, “Here. We need to go buy groceries, remember?”

“Oh, did you say anything about groceries to me?” you folded your arm and faced him with a face.

Seungcheol’s lips made an ‘o’ shape, “I did. This morning.” And you remembered about it now, earlier when you got him winked. “You forgot easily, girl. Was it because you aged faster?” He blinked innocently obviously made you pissed off even more.

“Ugh, stop make fun of me.” You spat coldly.

You and Seungcheol finally went to the market to buy groceries. The market is outdoor without roof sheltered it. In afternoon, the market was still crowded by people.

You walked side by side with him, he apparently didn’t bother about the environment at all. Even though the market was opposite with markets in Seoul but he didn’t complain at all. You felt relieved.

“Now, what do we have to buy?” He asked while looking around the place.

You also didn’t decide yet until you saw a stool that sells fresh green vegetables in front of you. You pointed at it, “Let’s check out there.” You walked there with Seungcheol followed behind you.

Looking at how fresh those vegetables made you very happy, they all looked pretty and made you wanted to buy all of them. Since your grandmother loved plants you can’t get your eyes off those green color plants. Sometimes you felt you won’t eat them just because they’re overly feeble to be eaten.

You still asked some ahjummas what do they have and negotiate the price but none of them lower their price for you. You pouted in disappointment.

“Aren’t you going to buy?” Seungcheol finally spoke up, after followed you around but didn’t receive any progress to buy or pay something among those vegetables.

You sighed before replied him, “None of them lower the price, I still have to save for another necessity.” Again you pursed your lips sadly. But you didn’t give up, you lifted up your head and tried again to another ahjumma.

This case Seungcheol’s head produced a brilliant idea how to solve that. While you were negotiating price of a bunch of cabbage came from behind you and gave his ultimate weapon—his smile—to the ahjumma.

“Ahjumma, would you please lower the price for us? I and my fiancé are getting married soon and we have to save more money for our wedding.” He persuaded her with a little aegyo which turned out to be a big success.

“Oh my world, why didn’t you say that earlier? I would gladly give both of you bonus for those cabbage. Here, take this. I wish both of you happiness forever.” You gasped at how he could turned the ahjumma’s heart upside down in one try.

You blankly took those vegetables and bowed to the ahjumma. You looked at Seungcheol that already smirked in victory *See how genius I was, Cho Eunhee?*

“Daebak, Choi Seungcheol. You little piece of liar.” You shook your head in amusement. His face wasn’t that amused but he’s still proud of himself.

Out of the blue, a woman screamed to you from afar. You didn’t realize what happened, until you looked up and saw the builder accidentally overthrew few blocks of brick from the top of built house right above your head.

It was already too late for you to dodge and it will ended up landing on your head. Probably causing serious injury on your head or tough enough to kill you. You shut your eyes closed feeling the bricks flying above you in less than 5 meters.

However, it took only less than a second for you to fall off the ground with someone covered your whole body. His soft breath lingered atop of your face, warm and gentle.

When you opened your eyes, it was Seungcheol body shielding you. You can’t believe how fast he moved, probably in speed of light. But when he looked down at you, he was worried.

 


FINALLY, INTERACTION. I ALWAYS LIKE READING FLUFFY STUFF, BUT AS I TRIED TO WRITE IT DOWN MYSELF. I CRINGED. SOMETIMES I FEEL I FAILED.

HOPE YOU ENJOY THIS CHAPTERS! I HAVE WRITTEN THIS STORY ABOUT 30 CHAPTERS, I'M GOING TO UPDATE MORE OFTEN THEN :)