SEVEN.

Runaway You

 

Today you felt very unlucky. You were peacefully sleeping when someone suddenly breathed in front of your face. You felt the air was so close to you that you frowned uncomfortably. You moved a bit when Seungcheol was clearly looking not more than 1 meter than your face. Shocked, you jerked your head but unluckily the back of your head collided with the wall.

“Ouch!” You cried and painfully your hurt head. “Yah! What were you doing in front of my face? Are you a ert?!” You scolded.

Seungcheol smiled. Not a mere smile but literally smiling. Like your world was absorbed by his world to keep looking at his smile. The pain on your head gradually recovered, he is like a medicine for you, or should you say an additive.

He blinked at you then tapped your forehead with his palm as if he was checking on your body temperature, “You didn’t sleep again last night, right?”

You ignored his question and stood up instead. Your back is actually ached a lot from sleeping like that, but what else can you do. You immediately prepared yourself to go to work again or you will be late.

“So moody,” Seungcheol shook his head in disbelief. “She acted warm last night, then she turned into an ice princess less than 12 hours. What is she, a human thermostat?” he scoffed while you were gone.

Again wasn’t change a bit. The restaurant is always busy day until night. It was dinner hours and restaurant got crowded as usual. There are vary of people came to eat, since you were in charge as a waitress you couldn’t stop walking back and forth from table to kitchen.

Then, a group of pugnacious male came. First a middle aged guy with shiny hair who wore ed Hawaiian shirt and a pair of gold chain stepped in and fiercely picked on a single customer at the edge to move to another table. Then the rest of the gang—all in black suited—followed in.

You and Yunmi who were in front desk gulped simultaneously. Your hand were shaking of nervous. Suddenly you heard the boss calling you.

“Hey, waiter come here,” First he asked politely, but you were too hesitate to approach him until he lost some patience, “YAH! DID YOU HEAR ME?! COME.HERE.” He ordered with louder voice. All attention moved to him in a blink of eyes.

You pondered your heart to be prepared, at least you wish you’ll do everything well. *wish me luck…* and you walked to his table without daring to look up, “Y-yes, sir. What can I do for you?” you asked flatly.

“Bring me all you have here.” The boss said.

You quickly wrote his order and went to the kitchen. After their order ready, you still have to bring those food to their table. Again, you relax your thought before you took the food to them. You put the foods on their table carefully not to get in touch even just a millisecond toward them. You heard two guys on your right whispered something that disturbed you.

“Hey, isn’t she pretty enough?” One of them whispered to the other.

“She is rather called cute than pretty,”

Now you felt annoyed and glared at them coldly before you disappeared from their sight.

“Oh, she is even prettier when she is angry.”

On the other hand you were serving other customer when the same guy who teased you walked up to you. His big body blocked your way to escape, you have no choice but to look up and saw him smirked obnoxiously at you.

“Hey, our boss is interested in you, he invited you to join us and he said he will treat you today.” Unexpectedly, he grabbed your tiny wrist firmly and pulled you without your warning.

His grasped were too strong until you could feel your hand was going to cramp soon. “Aw! Let me go, please…” You begged but he didn’t even bother.

You were in emerge of crying soon when your boss finally showed up at the scene, “What’s wrong here, gentlemen?”

In that moment, all you wanted to do was crying to yourself, felt humiliated by those jerks. That big guy let go of your hand when he saw your boss. He pretended nothing happened and casually back to his seat—bastard.

“Are you okay, Eunhee-sshi?” your boss questioned worriedly.

You let out a soft sob before you nodded weakly, “Yes, mam. Thank you.” Then you ran backstage, gladly, Yunmi was there to comfort you. You were very grateful toward her.

You finally finished. After what happened in the restaurant, the gang immediately left the restaurant pissed off. You somehow felt goosebumps but your friend keep assured that everything was going to be okay.

Now, you were walking on your way home. Your heart heats a little faster today, you also felt more anxious. Almost everything could scare you, *Why did you become so weak, Cho Eunhee? Wake up!!* You encouraged and clasped two sides of your cheeks.

As you passed the quiet street, unexpectedly, you felt chills on your spine. From the corner of your eyes you could see a glimpse of body walked behind you. Suddenly, your brain worked out at bad thoughts. Robbers? ? Dangerous gangs?

No! That’s crazy, probably psychopath?!

Now, his footsteps became nearer behind your back. You covered your mouth from screaming and decided to walk faster without even looking back.

“Hey, miss wait up.” It was the exact voice as the big man in the restaurant.

“No, no, no he wouldn’t followed you home, will he?” You stammered in your own breath. If it was right, what will he do? Kidnap you and make you their slave and when you are useless they will kill you like all of those criminal did to their prey.

“Please God, don’t. Please save me, somebody please save me.” You shut your eyes close, never get ready to wait your imagination will eventually happens to you.

You didn’t care anymore, you ran as fast as you can but the man from behind ran after you. Unluckily he was faster than you. When you thought he would catch you, suddenly you bumped into someone and successfully made you fell on the hard concrete on the .

“Please don’t kill me!!” You begged like there is no tomorrow.

“Hey, hey, what is happening to you Cho Eunhee?” A familiar voice came up.

*Seungcheol…?*

“It’s me, Seungcheol.” He said calmly.

You dare yourself to lift your eyes, Thank God it is really him looking at you in bewilderment. You don’t know what would happen to you if it wasn’t him.

“Calm down. Take a breath.” He said while caressing your back gently.

As your breath back to normal, you urged to speak, “There was someone following me here. I was so scared. I thought he was kidnapper or a … I...”

“What? Where?” He stretched out his head to look around but he found no one’s around except them. Later, he saw you shivering and couldn’t help but felt worry. You must be very scared. “It’s okay now, I’m here. No one will harm you now. Let’s go home, you must be very tired.”

He helped you but you almost slipped out, fortunately, Seungcheol caught you by the waist to support you. He told you to be careful before he guided you home.

 


I THINK I WROTE ABOUT HER AND SEUNGCHEOL INTERACTION REALLY LITTLE...

THE STORY STILL GOING FORWARD, DON'T WORRY I'LL IMPROVE FOR YOU GUYS.

PLEASE LEAVE WHAT YOU THOUGHT IN COMMENT BOX T.T I REALLY WANT TO KNOW