THREE.

Runaway You

 

“Eunhee-ya. Eunhee-ya, can you help, please!” You could your grandmother yelled. You and Seungcheol exchanged glanced and panicked instantly.

“Oh no. It’s my grandmother.” Seungcheol who were just proud of knowing your name became more aggressive towards your grandmother’s appearance.

“What do I have to do?” He asked hastily.

You quickly, gathered all the things and hide it somewhere underneath the hut before your grandmother returned. But you forgot about Seungcheol. Before you could go to your grandmother he grabbed your wrist.

“Hey. Wait, where are you going?” he made you realize he’s still there. You thought he has gone seconds ago. You were stuck, he must hide somewhere now and after you finish helping your grandmother he has to leave soon.

“There. Hide there while I help my grandmother. I will comeback soon.” Without thinking much, he nodded and jumped into the obsolete hut again.

“I’m coming, halmeoni!” You ran outside the house and met your grandmother carrying cart full of colorful flowers. Every day is always blooming day and it is pleasing.

It’s finally your time to go to work. After you prepared yourself and had breakfast you took your grandmother to your neighborhood. You need to walk to the restaurant but you need to run back home first.

“Choi Seungcheol. Come out.” You stood in front of the hut. His head is popped out first hesitantly.

“Have your grandmother gone?” You replied with a nod and then he got out.

“Now what are you going to do?”

“I don’t know.” He replied nonchalantly.

“Yah! You can’t stay here forever. Go away anytime soon.” Your voice thundered. As you fold your hand above your chest.

He was absentminded, he is truly have no plan yet. After what happened last night, he thought he needed time to make everything back to normal again, beside he had found a safe place to hide. But you objected him very much.

“How about I come with you?” His head suddenly produced some idea that neither solving nor good for you.

“No. You can’t.”

“Why? Everything is still in mess and I can’t go now. Police are everywhere and they probably found his body and then situation is being worse in this town.”

“You know, it’s not my business. I told you don’t drag me to the mess you made.”

“No. It’s your business from the first time. If you were not nosy enough to intervene someone’s business you didn’t have to be in the situation also.” His pupils were darker and his eyebrows connected as he walked up to you.

His expression changed into bad one, you didn’t expect him to be this angry but your confidence drained by a single dangerous glare. You were blank about what do you have to do, his stare is enough to scare you to think clearly *great, now he is the bad guy… I can’t believe I’ve been hijacked.*

Suddenly your grandmother came back without your acknowledgement, “Why haven’t you go to work, Eunhee-ya?” She was behind you, asking innocently. “Oh, there’s also a guest? Why didn’t you tell me your friend is going to come here?” he beamed to Seungcheol who were also blank in expression.

You were panic that she found him, you were scared he will do something to your grandmother, “No, halmeoni, he is not my—“

“Annyeonghaseyo halmeoni, I’m Seungcheol, Eunhee’s old friend.” Seungcheol smirked at you before he bowed to your grandmother. *what a hypocrite*

You are agape. Your plans are already ruined by him. But actually you thought it’s somehow a good idea to lie to your grandmother than tell him the truth that will upset her very much. And the risk you have to prepare is worrying about your life and your grandmother’s even more.

“What a handsome boy, when did you come young man? Where did you come from?” Your mouth hanged opened.

“We were friends in middle school, I just came from Seoul for a short trip and we met when I passed by the neighborhood.” His made up story makes you wanna puke on his jerk face.

Now you have to stop him from worsen everything. You tucked his bomber jacket and try to smile even when you didn’t feel please at all, “Halmeoni, I have to go to work now and I think Seungcheol need to do his stuff too. So we will meet soon, take care of yourself halmeoni, I’ll be back at 5.” You vigorously get him out of your house before he could react.

When you are already far enough from home you let go of your hand, “What was that?” you squinted your eyes.

Unexpectedly, Seungcheol chuckled, “It’s not bad, isn’t it?”

You folded your arm above your chest and sulked, “You shouldn’t have said we are friends, because I’m not your friend.”

“Oh come on, can you just pretend for her? You will give her heart attack if she found out the truth.” For the nth time he said something true and made you shut up.

You left him and walked down the street indifferently. When you passed the way, a group of guys were there looking scary with their black leather jacket surrounding your neighborhood. You didn’t care at all, but Seungcheol seemed to have feeling, they’re that-guy-he-beat-last-night’s friend.

Without a warning he grabbed your hand and pulled you to the other way, while saying. “Don’t walk this way, too many people and police over there.”

After 15 minutes of walking, you finally arrived at the restaurant. You are still angry at Seungcheol who fooled your grandmother and arbitrarily comprised you into the dark hole. You didn’t smile—except when you serve the customers—since beginning your work until you finished. When you work, Seungcheol was gone where only God knows. You were wondering, does he always come and go this fast. But somehow you asked yourself where could he be right now?

*why would I think where could he be? Isn’t that good thing that he had gone now and I hope forever*

After that you bid goodbye to your co-workers and boss before you went home. Just like the other days, you walked on the usual street to go home. Fortunately it’s still day and people are still busy around. When you passed a way, you met crowds surrounding one specific way, but you realize it was where you saw Seungcheol polished off a person inhumanly.

Terrified, you quickened your pace and hung your head low. You thought it was already past, and you want to throw away that memories from your brain and begin everything from the beginning, without his interruption.

 


I MADE VERY SHORTS UPDATE LATELY. I JUST ENROLLED TO COLLEGE, IT WAS SUPER EXCITING GUYS!! NOW I AM OFFICIALLY A COLLEGE STUDENT <3<3

I HOPE I CAN FINISH THIS STORY BEFORE SCHOOL STARTS! HOPE YOU GLAD WITH THIS CHAP :D:D