Eight

Photograph
DANDELION - Overcoming Hardship
 
 
Eunjun had decided to go for a walk around Seoul. She brings along her compact camera instead of her fancy DSLR. She ties her hair into high ponytail and she wears her red flannel with blue skinny jeans.

 

She stops her steps when she saw someone familiar. It was the girl that bumped into her when she was in a rush before. She's distributing some flyers to the passers-by. Eunjun walks in front of her and she gave her a flyer.

 

"Please call the number if you see this girl. Oh... It's you." The girl says. Eunjun asks, "The girl in the flyer is Kim Yujin right?"

 

The girl nods, "Yes. She's my older sister. Well, stepsister."

 

"I see... How long she's been gone?"

 

She sighs, "Almost two weeks. I don't like the idea to think she'd run away."  Eunjun frowns, "Why would she run away?"

 

"She has always wanted to be a model. But, our mother-her mother doesn't like the idea of her being one." She says. Maybe she did run away... As people of Seoul Arts already knew, Yujin is quite... Wild. It's not possible that she had run way. But still, I don't want to think that she'd run away."

 

"What's your name?" Eunjun asks. "Jung Hana."

 

"I'm Kim Eunjun." She pulls out her hand. Hana grins and takes out her hand, shaking Eunjun's hand, "I know. You are the hero of Seoul Arts. I saw you saved Yeri unnie."

 

Eunjun frowns, "Hero of Seoul Arts?"

 

Hana nods, "That's what they call you. Almost everyone saw you did that. If it wasn't live, it's all over the internet."

 

"Oh my God..." Eunjun sighs. Hana laughs, "You're awesome! Does it still hurt?" Hana points to Eunjun's forehead, where the plaster is on.

 

She shrugs, "It stings but... I'll live."

 

Hana smiles, "It'll get better. I have to continue giving these flyers. It's good to see you here, unnie."

 

"Later, Hana." Eunjun smiles and walks away. She hops on the bus, heading to see Yeri. Yeri is on her phone when Eunjun enters her ward.

 

Yeri looks at the door and smiles, "Jun! You're alright!" She jumps off the bed and hugs her friend, "I was so worried! How are you?"

 

"I'm alright. How about you?" Eunjun smiles, replying her hug. Yeri shrugs, "A little boring in here but hey, I'll survive for three months."

 

Eunjun looks around the room. The wall is made of white and grey mosaic in gradient colour. There's a wooden table and a wooden chair in the corner of the room. Yeri's pencil case is there, some of the pens fall out from it.

 

The plasma TV is . Yeri must've been watching the Age of Adaline. Her bed is neat and the colour is soft green. The window is opened and there's a small pot of cactus near it.

 

Yeri switches off the television and slips on her slippers, "Let's go outside." She takes her navy blue coat and wears it. Eunjun follows her from behind and smiles to the nurses and doctors’ greetings.

 

Yeri sits on a bridge, fixing her coat for a little bit. Yeri looks around her and Eunjun snaps her photo. Yeri looks at her, "Did you take my photo? Can I see?"

 

Eunjun nods and shows her the photo. Yeri grins, staring at her.

 

 

"You really like candid, don't you?"

 

Eunjun shrugs, "Maybe a little bit. You look pretty." Yeri smiles, "Thanks. I like that picture. Send it to me, okay?"

 

She nods, "Will do."

 

Eunjun leans beside her, "Sehun has been suspended from school." Yeri looks at her, shocked. "Why? How?"

 

"Well Kai literally kicked Sehun's . It happened that I was there and I was dragged along when the dean found us." Eunjun says. She continues, "Kai basically just told the dean everything. Sehun admitted that he drugged you and I was the witness so... I told the dean."

 

"Also about the incident in the toilet, where Sehun pulled out his gun to you. Kai told the dean about that and I said yes, it happened."

 

Yeri scoffs, "That stupid brother of mine... Is Sehun holding grudge towards you?" Eunjun shrugs, "Let's just hope no."

 

Yeri then suddenly hugs her shoulder, "Thank you." Eunjun pats her arm, "Yeah, yeah."

 

Yeri sighs, resting her head to Eunjun's shoulder, "When Sehun said he wanted to bring me to the doctor... I fell unconscious. When i was a little bit awake, I saw white and I heard a soft voice. I thought it's the hospital but... It would be impossible because my mouth was sealed. After that, everything's black again."

 

"Oh, Yeri... I'm so sorry." Eunjun pats her head. Yeri smiles sadly, "I woke up the next morning in my room. I don't even know what happened to me. And then I saw the video on the internet."

 

"I regret that I’ve ever borrowed money from him." Yeri groans. Eunjun looks at her, "What was the money for?"

 

"I accidentally scratched someone's car... Ferrari. Long story." Yeri shakes her head. Eunjun swallows, "Ferrari."

 

Yeri wraps her arms around Eunjun's shoulder, "We've just met two weeks ago and... thank you for everything."

 

Eunjun smiles, "No problem at all."

 
Author's Notes
Hello! I'll be back after a few hours for another update. *cuz this is a short chapter*
0Y0Lz4y.gif