Thirty-three

Photograph
JONQUIL - Love Me, Affection Returned, Desire, Sympathy, Desire for Affection Returned.
 
 
It's been three months and tomorrow's the day where Junmyeon finally has to let go of Eunjun. Eunjun is anxious to wait for tomorrow. Junmyeon told her this morning that he's going to make dinner.

 

Eunjun knows that the dinner would be special since Junmyeon gave her a dress to be worn tonight.

 

Eunjun puts on the white lacy dress and ties her hair into a small bun. She lets some strings of her hair to be left untied. The dress falls right after her knees and the sleeves are opened shoulders type. Eunjun slips the white flats then looks into the mirror to apply the pink lipstick.

 

She glances at the clock and it shows 9.30pm. She's anxious. Junmyeon must've been waiting at the garden. She walks down the stairs and she notices that the front door is opened. Eunjun slowly walks out the door and sees Junmyeon at the garden.

 

Junmyeon stares at her with the same look he had when he saw her at the gala in San Francisco. He walks towards her and pulls out his right hand. Eunjun places her right hand on his palm and stares at him.

 

She feels a little embarrassed when her professor is staring at her like that. And by 'that', it is full of affection; his eyes are intense but soft at the same time.

 

"You look stunning."

 

Eunjun smiles and looks down, "Back to you." He definitely looks handsome as always. He's wearing a white shirt and a black coat. Not buttoned, no tie. Eunjun looks at the well decorated table on the green grass. Everything is dark but it's shone by some white lights and candles.

 

Junmyeon pulls out a chair for her and she sits on it back straight. He sits opposite her and smiles sweetly. He loves how she looks with the dress and the flats that he gave her. He likes her hair tied up like that with some of the hair fall down- not too neat, not too messy.

 

Both of them eat silently and when they're finish everything including the dessert, Junmyeon starts talking.

 

"You're very beautiful."

 

Eunjun looks down, "Thank you." She then looks up to him, "Let's play twenty questions. We get to ask each other twenty questions and we'll answer them... Honestly."

 

Junmyeon nods, "Go ahead."

 

"When's your birthday?" She asks.

 

"22nd May 1991. Same question for you; when's your birthday?"

 

"1st June 1998; that explains my name." Eunjun says and he grins. The questions kicked off with innocent and basic questions until Eunjun suddenly gives him quite a dark question.

 

"How did you get the idea of capturing every moment that shifts in colours?"

 

Junmyeon stares at her for a few seconds. His smile fades away, but he still answer it. "I don't know how to explain it but... I'll try my best."

 

"Imagine you; you woke up from somewhere you don't remember being at and you realised you're trapped in a dark room, all tied up."

 

Eunjun feels goose bumps all over her body. He continues, "You woke up and you're all confused. You looked at your surroundings and then you found yourself tied up on a chair. Your expression was showing your worriment. After that you tried to break free from the ties and that's when your expression became tensed. Unfortunately, you can't break free from the ties. You looked around once again in panic and then you cry..."

 

He pauses then continues, "Snap snap. Your expression that changed from time to time in a specific event or period of time is what I called the shifting moment. Just like what I've said before; no vanity and poses. Only pure expression. It's beautiful, and that's how I got the idea."

 

Eunjun stares at him and slightly swallow the ice cream that she hasn't finished. Junmyeon leans against his chair, "Question 19... Why did you ask me that?"

 

"Curiosity. Nothing more. Question 20... How many people have you killed?"

 

Junmyeon's eyes become small and tensed. His forehead slightly wrinkled and his stares turned cold. Eunjun's heart is beating fast, waiting for his answer.

 

"Do you really want to know?"

 

Eunjun shrugs, "I wouldn't have asked if I don't." Junmyeon sits up straight, still staring in her eyes. He opens his mouth, "One."

 

Eunjun blinks slowly, "One?" Junmyeon nods, "One. Darling, I'm not the type of person who easily murder people. My other models were just like Yeri. They don't remember anything that happened to them. After I took their pictures, I send them home; they're unconscious of course..."

 

He then continues with a whisper, "It would be two if I had killed you. Question 20... Have you ever... Ever... Even just a tiny little bit... Have a feeling towards me?"

 

Eunjun keeps on staring at him. She doesn't know what to answer. She looks down and swirls her thumbs. Junmyeon waits patiently for her answer. Eunjun knows that he's still staring at her. She could feel his stares are pricking her soul.

 

, , .  

 

She inhales and then exhales slowly yet heavily.

 

"It was… a slight crush."

 

Junmyeon softens and his tensed shoulder relaxed a little. Junmyeon smiles, "Kim Eunjun... From the day I met you I knew you were special. I like you because of your personality. You're modest, humble, very kind and that makes you look even more beautiful. When your pictures fell off from your diary, I knew I had found the right student to be the winner. You were my favourite student. Your talent is absolutely amazing. After sometimes, I finally realised that I'm in love with you. I love your smile and I love everything about you. You're a wonderful woman, Kim Eunjun. You got me addicted to you and I just can't get enough of you."

 

He pauses and takes her right hand, holding it tightly from across the table, "I love you, Kim Eunjun."

 

Eunjun stares deeply in his eyes, looking for the sincerity. She bits her lower lip. She is scared and flattered at the same time. She fell for him but she’s in doubt. She knows what she’s gotten into and she’s hundred percent still sane. Her heart and her mind aredefinitely saying different things. They’re battling inside of Eunjun’s body and that makes her more confused.

 

He’s a murderer.

But he loves you.

He’s a psycho.

He still loves you.

He could kill you.

But you love him.

 

She sighs mentally. So she makes a decision which satisfies both of her heart and her mind.

 

“I can try.” She says. Junmyeon gets up and kneels in front of her, “Oh you will. And you have to. You’re mine.”

 

“What if I can’t?” Eunjun stares deeply in his eyes and she sees it; the possessive gaze. Junmyeon stares back, “You will. One way or another, I’m still going to get you.”  

 

Eunjun shivers to his words but then quickly shrugs it off when the cold air slaps onto her skin softly, “It’s really cold tonight.”

 

Junmyeon nods and holds her waist, pulling her closer to him. Eunjun looks at him that’s slowly leaning towards her. His eyes are closed when his lips are nearing to hers. She holds her breath when he presses his lips onto hers. Her eyes aren’t close and she looks up to the dark sky, noticing that the stars are not there. When she feels the professor is about to pull away, she shuts her eyes. Just as when she opens her eyes to look up to him, he crashes his lips once again onto hers.   

 

Just as when she thought he's not that bad, she knows she talked too soon. And she knows even though she’s going to be free soon, she’s not completely free from Junmyeon,

 

And his obsession.

 
Author's Notes
Thank you for reading the double update <3
0Y0Lz4y.gif