Twenty-five

Photograph
EVENING PRIMROSE - Inconstancy
 
 
While Junmyeon is away for class, Eunjun is trying her best to pick the lock. She wants to get into Junmyeon's darkroom. She has been searching the entire house for at least a bobby pin and she found it in the drawer in her own room.

 

She picks the lock and surprisingly, she did it. She looks around the room and opens each drawer until she found her iPhone, her diary, and her picture archives. Eunjun turns on her phone and it's low in battery. She shuts the drawer and closes the door again, locking it from the inside first.

 

Eunjun saw a lightning cable in Junmyeon's room before. So she went into his room and charges her phone first before she digs into Junmyeon's stuffs. She wants to know more about him whether it's his medical condition or whatsoever.

 

She checks on her phone that's been ringing with notifications.

 

261 missed calls.

529 text messages.

 

She almost taps on the messages when she hears the sound of security code being put in. She mutes her phone and pulls out the usb from the adapter, throwing it into the drawer.

 

She slips her phone into her pocket and walks out the room quickly and shuts the door silently.

 

Junmyeon climbs the stairs and then enters his room. He opens his drawer, grabbing his charger. He stares at the charger in his hand while feeling it. Junmyeon holds onto the warm charger tightly and walks into the darkroom after unlocking it. He pulls every drawer and realises that Eunjun’s iPhone is not there.

 

He inhales deeply and barges into Eunjun’s room. She flinched and keeps on staring at him. Junmyeon pulls out his hand, “Your phone, please.” Eunjun froze, “W-what?”

 

“I said your phone… please…” He speaks between gritted teeth. Eunjun knows she’s in trouble. , , .

 

She slips her right hand inside her pocket and gives her rose gold iPhone SE to him. He takes the phone and exhales softly. He looks at her phone and asks, “Who’d you contacted?”

 

Eunjun shakes her head. Unfortunately, “No one.”

 

The professor nods his head, still staring at her phone. He slips the iPhone in his pocket and then slaps Eunjun in the face. Eunjun is shocked. She places her palm on her left cheek and looks at him in horror. Junmyeon shuts his eyes tightly for a second, breathing between his gritted teeth.

 

“What the do you think you’re doing?” He asks sternly. Eunjun looks down, scared of his angry tone and cold expression. She receives another slap at the same spot just as when she looks down. Her tears start to pool and she keeps on silent. “Do you seriously think you could get away from me?” He asks.

 

“I can try.” Eunjun blurted out and she gets another slap. Junmyeon shakes his head in confusion, “Really Jun? Jun, don’t make a fool out of yourself. Who were you trying to call? The police?”

 

“None of your business.”

 

Slap!

 

Another one from the professor, “How ing dare you?” Eunjun stares at him in the eyes and shouts, “How dare me? How dare YOU!”

 

The professor is taken aback but he didn’t forget to give her another slap. Eunjun pushes his shoulders, “What did you pay me that you can lay your hands on me?”

 

“You …” Junmyeon clenches his fists. He grabs Eunjun’s hair, slightly pulling it. She groans and tries her best not to do eye contact with him. Eunjun hits his chest until he pushes her away harshly, “I have a family, Mr Kim!”

 

Junmyeon looks at her before he nods, “Okay. Come with me.” He takes her right arm and drags her to the dining room. He makes her sit on the chair and he places her phone onto the dining table, “Go ahead. Call your family.”

 

Eunjun looks at him before dialing her father’s number.

 

Calling Dad…

 

She’s about to place the phone to her right ear when Junmyeon stops her and taps the loudspeaker then puts it on the table again.

 

Kim Eunjun, where have you been? I’ve been trying to reach you since forever!” Her dad picks up. Eunjun shuts her eyes, feeling a little relieved to hear her father’s voice. “Hi dad… I’m sorry I’ve been busy. How are you?”

 

“I am very fine. How are you?”

 

“I-I’m good. How’s everyone doing?” Eunjun asks. “Everyone’s great. I have good news.”

 

“What is it?” Eunjun smiles to his father’s excited tone. “You’re getting a new sibling.”

 

Eunjun smiles, “Mummy’s pregnant?”

 

She is. One month. Eunjin’s really excited.”

 

“Of course she is. Umm dad…”

 

“Yes, sweetheart?”

 

Junmyeon’s cold hand is wrapped around Eunjun’s neck from behind. She chokes on her breath a little as her tears fall from her eyes, “I really miss you.”

 

“Sweety, I miss you more. Are you okay? You sound weird? Are you sick?”

 

“I-I’m fine… just a cold.” Eunjun lies. She inhales deeply, trying to hold back her vibrating voice. Her dad scoffs, “Go to the doctor! You should take care of yourself especially when I’m not around.”

 

“Yeah… I will.”

 

“I have to go now. Bye sweety.”

 

“Dad, please don’t go!” Eunjun half shouts but then Junmyeon’s hands tighten around her neck. “Yes, sweety?”

 

Eunjun swallows her saliva, “I haven’t said I love you… I love you.”

 

Her dad chuckles, “I love you more, sweetheart.”

 

Eunjun relaxes when Junmyeon releases her neck. He pulls out a handcuff and attaches it to the table and her right wrist. Junmyeon glances before he walks away, “Why don’t you just stay here overenight?”

 

Eunjun sighs but she calls him anyway, “Seosangnim…”

 

He turns around, giving her a sharp glance.

 

“Thank you.”

 

Junmyeon froze to her words that came out like a soft whisper. Eunjun mentally shakes her head and laughs at her idiocy, did I just thank him?

 

He turns away and continues to walk up the stairs, leaving her alone in the dining room.

 

                                                                                                     

 

Junmyeon comes down for dinner and he looks at the sleeping Eunjun. Her face is buried in her left hand while her legs are crossed under the dining table. He places his palm onto her shoulder, slightly shaking it. He unlocks the cuff and she wakes up while rubbing her eyes.

 

Eunjun asks his permission to clean up and he simply nods. After a few hours of shower that she quite enjoyed, she glances at the clock and realised she missed dinner. She goes out of the room and look down.  

 

Eunjun stares at Junmyeon who's watching the television at the living room. She combs her hair just a little and she lets her natural wavy hair looks a little messy.

 

She walks down the stairs and sits on the sofa right beside Junmyeon. He flinched a little but then he smiles to her, "Hey... Why are you still up?"

 

"I can't sleep anymore." She says, staring at the television screen. Junmyeon smiles, "Let's watch a movie together then."

 

The house is dark, only the television screen is on. Eunjun gasps when she realises that it's a horror movie. Not because she's scared, but she's leaping over joy because her plan would be easier.

 

She hides behind her palms when the suspense is coming. Eunjun tries as hard as possible to look scared. Junmyeon glances at her and chuckles a little. Eunjun waits for the jump scare patiently and when it comes, she flinched and hides face to Junmyeon's shoulder.

 

Everything gets better when there's thriller in it. The murderer literally stabs the victim rapidly until his intestines come out. Eunjun shakes her head on Junmyeon's shoulder, covering her face tightly.

 

The sound of screaming makes her terrified-not really.

 

"Oh my god, that is so creepy!"

 

Junmyeon laughs and pulls her into a hug, "It's alright... It's just a movie."

 

But you're not a movie. You could do that to me if you wanted to.

 

Eunjun smiles in his chest, Is this working? She shakes her head and whines, "Still creepy." Eunjun stays in his arms the whole time and Junmyeon doesn't seem bothered by it. He would tighten his grip when the jump scare appears and Eunjun would fake a flinch.

 

Eunjun's eyes widened to the scene transition. Her eyes are literally focused on the screen with 100% awkwardness. She really doesn’t know what to do so she just stays in Junmyeon's arm, not moving a single inch.

 

She could feel the rapid heartbeat from Junmyeon's chest. Is he feeling the same thing as her? Eunjun cringes to the moans and the sound of kisses. The only thing she hates about movies is the scenes.

 

She's alright with kisses, but not scenes. They make the atmosphere turn awkward especially in movie theatres. Eunjun shuts her eyes to the view and soon she drifted to neverland, in Junmyeon's arms.

 

That morning, both of them wake up on the sofa, cuddling. Junmyeon looks down to Eunjun, smiling to her hair scent. Junmyeon plays with her hair, not knowing that Eunjun has woken up.

 

Eunjun stirs and he quickly stops her hair. "I'm sorry I slept on you..."

 

Junmyeon smiles, "It's alright." Eunjun gets up from the sofa and walks up the stairs to her room. She smiles a little, thinking he would probably let her out soon if she gained his trust.

 
Author's Notes
Thank you for reading this chapter! Please comment <3
0Y0Lz4y.gif