Twenty-four

Photograph
OLEANDER - Caution
 
 
Sehun keeps staring at the screen, watching every move that his professor and Eunjun were doing. The CCTV recording is clearly showing that the professor is taking Eunjun’s picutres in every angle. Sehun frowns a little when the recording shows that Junmyeon is pulling her into a kiss. He held his breath but then sighs in relief when Eunjun fainted and Junmyeon didn’t have the chance to kiss her.

 

Sehun gets up from bed and throws the iPad onto his bed. He groans in frustration and kicks the edge of the bed. He messes his hair, slightly pulling some strands of hair and still groaning. His eyes darted on Eunjun’s picture that he pasted on his wall near his bed. His brain recalls a memory just before Eunjun was kidnapped by the professor.

 

Sehun opened the door when someone was knocking on it. Sehun was a little bit shocked and he frowned, “Jun?”

 

There she was, standing in front of his room with her black and white checkered flannel. Eunjun fixed her hair, slowly swallowing her saliva. She pulled out a note from her sling bag and gave it to him. Sehun took it while slightly glancing at the note, “What’s this?”

 

Eunjun bit her lower lip, “Whenever you need help or anything else… Just call that number.”

 

Kim Eunjin

1678534009

 

Sehun frowned, “What do you mean?” Eunjun tightened her grip on her sling bag, “You know what I mean.”

 

Sehun tried to understand but apparently he was too tired to think so he just nodded. Eunjun stepped away and turned around. Sehun watched Eunjun’s back as she started to walk away. Sehun frowned again when she stopped her steps and turned to face him again.

 

“Sehun…”

 

Sehun stared at her and raised his eyebrows. Eunjun gave him a generous smile, “You’re not as bad as people think you are.”

 

He froze.

 

Sehun wakes up form his daydream and looks away from the picture. He takes the note given by Eunjun on the table and grabs his phone.

 

Kim Eunjin

1678534009

 

He hesitates but then he remembered Eunjun’s sweet smile and her kind words,

 

“You’re not as bad as people think you are.”

 

Sehun puts his phone to his right ear, waiting for the line to be connected to Eunjin’s.

 

“Hello?”

 

Sehun bits his lower lip, “Is this… Kim Eunjin?”

 

“Yes. Who’s this?”

 

“Well… there’s someone named Kim Eunjun. She told me to…” Sehun pauses and frowns when he heard a giggle from the other side of the line.

 

“Oh Sehun-ssi. I’ve been waiting for your call.”

 

                                                                                                       

 

Eunjun glances at the clock after she cleans herself in the bathroom. It’s already 11.20pm, almost midnight. As soon as she was conscioused after being drugged, she realised she wasn’t handcuffed so she took the chance to move around. Once she’s got dressed, she silently walks out of her room. The house is not too bright now as it’s almost midnight. The lights in the hallway are still on, but not at the downstairs. She takes a peek to downstairs only to see Junmyeon is still working on something with his laptop, shone by only the television screen.

 

Doesn’t his eyes burn, working in the dark like that?

 

Eunjun quickly enters a room near the stairs. She’s optimist Junmyeon didn’t see her since he’s too busy on his laptop. Eunjun looks around the spacious room which walls are painted in white, the king sized bed is covered with light brown and white sheet. Eunjun checks every drawer, only to find unimportant things. She then checks his wardrobe, which is very big and there are many coats, blazers, shirts, and slacks hanging in it. The casual clothings are neatly folded under the hanging clothes. She opens each transparent glass drawer that filled with ties and bowties- not to forget his boxers.

 

She then checks the non-transparent drawers at the most bottom. There are so many papers and they’re apparently for his lecture class. Her eyes spotted a black leather album below the piles of paper. She takes the album and looks at all the sepia-toned pictures.

 

This must be his family.

 

Eunjun stares at the little boy in the picture. Eunjun looks at his revolution from since he was a little baby until he’s a teenage boy. Junmyeon looked beautiful in these photos. His smile is stunning and he looked just as angelic as now. Just the looks. Eunjun looked at a little girl in the picture, and this must be his sister.

 

What a beautiful family. Everyone has the looks…

 

Eunjun panics when she heard no sound from the television at the downstairs anymore. That means he’s coming up. She closes the album and puts it inside the drawer. She runs out of Junmyeon’s room, shutting the door tightly. She knows she wouldn’t make it to her room since Junmyeon will definitely see her because the stairs are facing her room.

 

Eunjun saw a vintage painting along the hallway so she stands in front of it quickly and pretends to look at it. Junmyeon climbs up the stairs and takes a right turn to where his room is located. He stares at Eunjun who’s looking at the vintage paintings in the hallway.

 

"Jun?"

 

She turns to face her professor, “Hey.”

 

He looks at her with a frown, “What are you doing?” She looks down, "I was looking at the paintings. I was bored… Sorry."

 

"There's nothing to be sorry about it." He walks closer to her and she changes her glance to the paintings again. Junmyeon stands near her, staring at it too, "My father painted this. He is a painter."

 

Eunjun stares at it in awe, "Really?"

 

He nods, "My mother was a model back in the 70s. That's how they met; my father painted her." Eunjun smiles, "That's really sweet."

 

She then realised something. She turns to him and asks, "Wait… was?" Junmyeon nods, "My mother died when I was 19 in a car accident. My sister committed suicide at the age of 17 a few months after mother died."

 

Eunjun feels sympathy to him. That must be hard for him and his father. Both of their most important women were gone. "I'm sorry."

 

“It’s alright.” He says. A few seconds of silence makes the atmosphere turns awkward. Eunjun turns to face him, “I supposed you’re going to sleep now? Are you going to cuff me?”

 

Junmyeon looks at her recovering wrists before taking out the handcuff from his pocket. He takes her hands and cuffed them together. “I won’t attach it to anywhere.”

 

Eunjun nods, “Thanks.”

 

Junmyeon watches as blood starts coming out of Eunjun’s nose. He takes his handkerchief and slowly wipes the blood. Eunjun looks at him with a frown, “What was that?”

 

“Your nose is bleeding again.” He says, still placing the handkerchief on her nose. Eunjun asks, “Again?” Junmyeon shrugs, “Whatever. It’s bleeding.”

 

Eunjun looks down after a few moments of silence. Eunjun looks at the professor when he clears his throat while scratching the back of his neck, “I think you should go to your room.”

 

Eunjun nods and turns around, “Goodnight Mr Kim.”

 

“Junmyeon.”

 

She turns to face him with a confused expression, “Pardon?”

 

He smiles, “Call me Junmyeon.”

 

“Junmyeon.” She says.

 

He nods his head in satisfaction and watches as Eunjun enters her room.

 
Author's Notes
Thank you for reading this chapter! Please comment <3
0Y0Lz4y.gif