Eighteen

Photograph
THORN-APPLE - Disguise
 
 
The class is over and everyone's heading back to the dorm except for Eunjun because she doesn't live in the dorm. She feels a little bit uneasy and she doesn't even know why. But she's pretty sure it's not because Sehun didn't come to class.

 

She's done stuffing her text books in the locker and takes her photos archive album, putting it into her backpack. She's thinking about keeping her camera in the locker but she shakes the thought of it.

 

Cameras in lockers are definitely not a good idea.

 

She shuts her locker and the rain pours heavily out of the sudden. She groans in frustration since she doesn't have an umbrella and that means she has to stay in school until the rain stops.

 

She crosses her arms and walks outside until she reaches the end of the ceiling's awning, staring at the pouring rain through the glass entrance.

 

She pulls out her left hand and feels the rain that falls on her palm.

 

"Hello Jun." Mr Kim greets from behind her. She looks at him and smiles, "Hi Mr Kim."

 

"It's so heavy..." Mr Kim looks up. Eunjun nods while pulling back her hand, slightly shaking it to let the water drop, "It is..."

 

"Do you need a lift?" Mr Kim asks. Eunjun shakes her head slowly, "Thanks but I'll wait until the rain stops."

 

The man smiles, "It's alright for me. Come on, I'll take you home. I have an umbrella."

 

He opens his umbrella and it opens in the rain, using only his right hand. Eunjun smiles, Charismatic.

 

"Okay." Eunjun shrugs. Mr Kim chuckles and both of them walk in the rain, sharing umbrella. Mr Kim opens the door of his Aston Martin and Eunjun quickly enters the car.

 

He jogs to the other side of the car. He pulls the umbrella back into its original shape before he opens his door and hops on to the driver's seat.

 

He looks into the mirror and flips his slightly wet hair, making Eunjun smiles a little. He then turns to see Eunjun and grins cheekily. Eunjun looks away after she smiles to him. He pushes the gear and the handbrake. The Aston Martin moves swiftly through the slippery road.

 

"You were absent two days ago." He states, but she knows he wants a reason even though it's not a question. Eunjun nods, "I... Wasn't feeling well."

 

"Yesterday, you were sick too. Are you alright?" He asks. Eunjun looks out of the window, "Yeah... I'm sorry for disturbing your class. I really needed to go out that time."

 

He smiles, "It's alright. I'm sorry for being a little bit harsh." She shakes her head, "It's alright. I understand, I would be pissed too if somebody disturb my class."

 

He chuckles, "No... That's not the case. It's something else." Eunjun looks at him, "Something else?"

 

He nods.

 

"I really had fun with you in San Francisco." He says. Eunjun blinks her eyes, "Huh? I... I had fun too."

 

"Congratulations for getting the highest mark on my paper."

 

"You wished me luck. Thanks." She says. He smiles, "You always know how to make me flatter, Jun."

 

She frowns but she chuckles anyway. She pulls out her iPhone from her sweater and turns off the airplane mode.

 

Oh Sehun 5 Missed Calls

 

Eunjun stares at her phone in disbelieve. Why would Sehun call me? She clicks on the voicemail Sehun had sent her. She puts her phone to her ear and then she frowns.

 

"Eunjun... I-it's me... Sehun. I'm sorry, Jun. I didn't mean to hurt Yujin, Yeri, and you. I'm so sorry..."

 

The voicemail continues, "I'm crazy, Jun... But... I never had the thought of killing anyone... of killing Yujin... of killing you. I need you to trust me, Jun. I don't care if you hate me because... Everybody hates me... Everybody... But I need you to trust me on this one."

 

Eunjun softens to his soft yet sad voice. She could tell that he was crying when he's saying this. Well, his sobs were obvious enough to prove that he's crying.

 

"I think he's gonna come for me, Jun. I don't want to die but... I think he's gonna come for me."

 

She frowns. He? Who's he?

 

"Mr Kim... Be careful with Mr Kim. He's going to hurt you next, Jun. Watch out for him... Sorry." The voicemail ends. Eunjun froze and she stops breathing for a moment. Her hands shake slightly and she puts down her phone on her lap slowly.

 

                                                                                                    

 

She realised something. Mr Kim didn't even ask where she lives.He suddenly pulls over the car, staring at her. Eunjun feels her fast heartbeat and turns her head slowly to Mr Kim.

 

"Why do you stop here?" She asks but it came out a whisper. Mr Kim stares at her and he suddenly leans in closer to her. She backs away slowly until her back hits the car door. The professor gives her a small unexplainable smile and caresses her right cheek. He tugs Eunjun's hair to the back of her ear before his hand travels to her neck.

 

He leans closer to her face, as if he wants to kiss her lips. Eunjun turns her head away and pushes him away softly, "Mr Kim... What are you doing?"

 

He just smiles at her.

 

Until his smile suddenly turns into a smirk. Eunjun panics so she tries to push him away once again. However, the professor's expression becomes stoic and he bangs his head to Eunjun's head, making her unconscious.

 

Junmyeon goes back to his original position and pushes down the handbrake. He feels something is trickling down his forehead so he touches it.

 

It's blood. Junmyeon looks into the mirror and wipes the blood from his on top of his head until is forehead. He messes his own hair and flicks it before he pushed the pedal.

 

To the factory.

 

                                                                                                      

 

Her head is hurting. Her forehead stings and it hurts even more when she groans, making her forehead wrinkles. She wants to touch her head, but her hands couldn't be moved. Eunjun's eyes open widely and she looks at herself tied to a chair in a familiar room. Her hands and ankles are wrapped by duct tapes to the chair. She looks around the dark room and saw her name on a file, along with the other files.

 

KIM EUNJUN

KIM YERI

KIM YUJIN

 

Eunjun struggles, trying to release herself from the duct tape. She groans and keeps on struggling even though it's useless. She breathes heavily and tears start to form in her eyes.She takes a peek on the tray in front of her and saw two photos taken a few hours ago. She was conscious but not quite alive. She knew she was opening her eyes, but she didn't have the ability to respond to the stimuli and to be responsive with her own will. Eunjun was drugged by Junmyeon. In the photos, she was staring into the camera with an unexplainable expression. It looks almost natural. The next photo is the one she's closing her eyes, lying on the floor; probably unconscious.

 

Eunjun's tears fall out. She flinched to the sound of the metal door being slammed. The footstep that's nearing makes her nervous. She stares at the man who walks casually into the room with a sarcastic smile.

 

"Hello Jun." Junmyeon greets. Eunjun stares at him coldly, "It's you..."

 

He only smiles and takes his Hasselblad camera, focusing to Eunjun. She looks away immediately and he chuckles. He takes the photos on the tray and nods his head in satisfaction, "Have you seen these photos? I love them."

 

Eunjun looks down, gritting her teeth. Junmyeon looks at her, "You're quiet Jun."

 

Her tears slowly falls down to her cheek, her expression is still stoic. Junmyeon walks towards her and pulls her chin up, "Are you crying? Aww..."

 

He snaps her photo and smiles, "Still very pretty." Eunjun stares at him, "Why are you doing this?" He smiles to her question, "I am obsessed with the idea of capturing moments that shift from black, to white, to grey and beyond."

 

"People could smile to cover their true feelings whether they're sad or angry. A smile could also hide insincerity and fake purity. The slightly unconscious model is often the most open and honest. No vanity or posing... Just pure expression." He continues, clicking the shutter button to take her pictures."You're crazy." Eunjun says. Junmyeon crosses his arms, "Unique is the word that I would like to use."

 

She scoffs, "Did you kill Yujin? Were you the one who did that to Yeri?" Junmyeon sighs, "About Yujin... No I didn't. Yujin was a pretty lady. She's amazing. I didn't even have to drug her forcefully; she volunteered for me to do it."

 

Eunjun shakes her head, "Lies." Junmyeon laughs, "Jun... She did everything I wanted her to do. She gave everything to me. Yujin was in love with me, Jun. That's why she's very willing." He then sighs, "Such a shame she had to die so early. All because of Oh Sehun... He wanted to be like me but I'm just too good to be imitated by anyone else. Sehun wanted to have some fun with her. Unfortunately, that kid gave too much dose to Yujin. She died straight away."

 

"How does Sehun has to do with this?" She asks. Junmyeon turns around, wiping his lens with a cloth.

 

"Just like I said, he wanted to be like me. I taught him everything and he learned well. However, he's not as great as me. But still, I have to give credits to him for bringing Yeri to me."

 

Eunjun's eyes widened, "Yeri..."

 

"Sehun drugged her, and he brought her to me. Yeri's amazing too; her face highlights purity from every angle. Yeri's case is easier because she's been drugged. She couldn't remember anything and that's just perfect. So young and so naive..." Junmyeon smiles to himself. His smile fades and he turns to face Eunjun,

 

"Unlike you... What should I do with you?"

 

Eunjin grits her teeth, "You're evil." Junmyeon laughs, "Art is evil. Do you think you can get involved in this industry easily without dirty ways?"

 

"Art comes with talent, Mr Kim." She says. Junmyeon smiles, "You're so innocent, Jun."

 

"Why the factory?" She asks while looking around. Junmyeon snaps her picture one more time, "Sehun is my student. He wanted to be like me so the Oh family loaned me this factory. Basically, the Oh's are paying my fee for teaching Oh Sehun."

 

"I was legit pissed when he accidentally killed Yujin with overdose. However, I can't be mad at him for too long. There are still other girls that could be my model... Like you." He continues.

 

" you." Eunjun spats. Junmyeon grabs a stool and sits opposite his student, "I like everything about you. Your innocence, your naïveté, your purity, your beauty..." He caresses Eunjun's hair.

 

"So don't make me kill you, Jun."

 

Junmyeon suddenly chuckles, "Oh, your face is changing colour! So pretty..." He pulls up the camera and presses the shutter button. Eunjun's eyes hurt a little due to the flash.Junmyeon stares at the photo, "My number one rule in photography is..." He pauses and stares at her.

 

"Always take the shot."

 

 Junmyeon takes Eunjun's diary from the tray with a smile. She stares at him, "What the are you doing?"

 

He only smiles, looking at every photo pasted in the diary. "Jun... I've never knew that you're quite a party girl."

 

Eunjun rolls her eyes, "Those were concerts, not parties." He nods, "Oh... Sorry my bad."

 

She stares at him as he looks at her photographs she had been taken during concerts. There are photos of Bastille, Halsey, Lana Del Rey, and Vixx. Eunjun is the type of girl who enjoys music. Whenever there's a concert near her, she'll definite go there and take many pictures. Junmyeon smiles, staring at the photos, "I was right. You are very talented. I wasn't wrong to pick you as my favourite student."

 

His smile drops and he throws the diary on the tray, "But ing hell Jun! You just have to play detective and uncover my secrets with that little friend of yours! Do you think I don't have surveillance here?!" He pauses and gives her a small smile, "Talk about your friend... I just hope you won't be acting like her. She's so annoying that I have to silent her."

 

Eunjun stares at him with wide eyes, "What have you done to Hana?" Junmyeon smiles, "I don't think you should know."

 

"What have you done to her, ?!" She shouts and the professor shouts back, "Watch your mouth you ing !"

 

She flinches. Junmyeon sighs, "That's not cool. I'm sorry Jun. Well, she's dead. Hana is not as good as her sister. Her expressions are a little bit rigid. I don't like it. Nobody can beat her sister, Yujin. Yujin is still my favourite. She was not only good in head shots, she also gave wonderful heads."

 

Junmyeon chuckles to his last statement, making Eunjun scoffs angrily.

 

" you!"

 

Junmyeon shrugs, "Say what you wanna say, Jun."

 

He takes a syringe, filling it in with transparent liquid from a small bottle. He then walks towards Eunjun. Eunjun shakes her head, "Please... No..."

 

Her tears fall out and she breathes heavily. Junmyeon wipes her tears with his right thumb, "Shh... Don't cry. You're going to ruin my shots."

 

He presses the syringe to her neck, making her groans in pain. Junmyeon whispers, "Don't move too much or it's gonna hurt a lot."

 

"M-Mr Kim... Please..." She feels drowsy and her eyes are getting blurry. Junmyeon caresses her cheek and plays with her hair, "I think I'm going to change my favourite colour to grey."

 
Author's Notes
There you have it. Please share your thoughts about this chapter. Comment below, because I am HUNGRY for comments! haha!
0Y0Lz4y.gif