Eleven

Photograph
BROOM - Humility
 
 
Eunjun shuts her eyes tightly as the plane shakes from left to right when it takes off. "I hate flying."

 

Mr Kim looks at her with a smile, "You do?" Eunjun grins nervously, "Only during take offs and landings."

 

She hates them. Every time they do it, she could feel her stomach goes funny. It's an unexplainable feeling she's feeling as if there are some tiny ninjas tickling her from the inside of her belly.

 

After the seatbelt sign is turned off, she relaxed for a little bit. Scratch that, she's very relaxed. She looks out of the window and smiles as she sees the orange sky, gradient with red making it looks a little bit of a pink shade.

 

Mr Kim asks her, "Did you bring a dress?" Eunjun nods, "For the gala? Yes." He smiles with a nod, "Can't wait."

 

Eunjun stays quiet. Instead of asking her professor, she asked herself. Can't wait for what?

 

It's been 9 hours and 55 minutes flight. Eunjun has been asleep for only God knows how many hours. She stirred in her sleep and slightly opens her eyes when she feels her head is resting on a warm and broad thing.

 

She could feel a weight on her head and her eyes widened. She has been resting her head on Mr Kim's shoulder! Her heart beats fast due to embarrassment.

 

Could it be Mr Kim's head on my head? Was he resting his head on mine?

 

Eunjun slowly glance at him and she almost squeak as it is really his head. He's sleeping so calmly and oh boy, could he be more handsome than this?

 

 "Good evening to all passengers, this is your captain speaking. We have reached San Francisco and soon we'll be landing at..."

 

Mr Kim opens his eyes and Eunjun quickly shuts her eyes, pretending to be asleep as she wants the redness on her cheeks to go away quickly.

 

She prays that her red cheeks will be gone before Mr Kim wakes her up. Please be gone. Please be gone. Please be gone.

 

"Jun..."

 

! Eunjun's face heated up and she curses more. His hoarse voice rings in her right ear. She almost shivers but she keeps on being stoic.

 

"Jun..." He touches Eunjun's cheek. It's like the feeling of a man when he has his jolt up because he's . That's how she feels now, except... She doesn't have a . The is so big, she can't even. Did she open her eyes? No. She groans softly and pretends to be sleepy as .

 

In the name of God, I order you, the red cheeks of shame to be gone from this poor girl's face!

 

Eunjun opens her eyes, taking a tissue from her sling bag. She uses the tissue to wipe her eyes. After that, she looks at her professor.

 

"Did I fall asleep on you? Sorry." She looks down. Mr Kim smiles, "You did but don't worry about it, it’s fine. Are you alright? Your body is hot."

 

Thanks. Eunjun grins mentally. She nods, "I'm fine."

 

He stares at her, "I hope you're not getting fever." She shakes her head, "I'm fine."

 

                                                                                                      

 

They arrive at the hotel at 1 a.m. Seoul time. Eunjin changes in her pyjama and jumps on the bed while groaning. Just as when she landed on the bed, the bell rings. She groans sadly and walks to the door.

 

Mr Kim smiles at her, handing a small paper bag, "Supper. Eat it." Eunjun smiles, "Thanks. I'll see you tomorrow, seonsangnim."

 

He nods, "Good night Jun. Sweet dreams."

 

"You too, Mr Kim." She shuts the door and frowns to his sudden weird behaviour. He literally looked away and didn't stare at her right in the eyes. She looks at herself in the mirror.

 

Nothing weird. I'm wearing tank top and a short. It's a pyjama. Oh... I am wearing this pyjama. No wonder.

 

Eunjun jumps on the bed and covers her face with the pillow.

 

"Of course he would be uncomfortable!" Eunjun groans.

 

                                                                                                        

 

The morning comes fast as they are all sleepy and tired. Eunjun ties her hair into a bun. She puts on her cream blazer and slips into her black three inches wedges. She pulls up her black skinny jeans a little bit and looks into the mirror.

 

Eunjun puts on her lip balm and the bell rings.  She grabs her phone and walks out of the door.

 

"Good morning, Jun." Mr Kim greets. "Good morning seonsangnim."

 

"How are feeling?" He asks once the elevator reached the ground floor. Eunjun presses her lips together, "Honestly, I feel weird."

 

He frowns, "Weird?" She chuckles, "I've never dressed up like this. It's strange... It feels strange, I feel strange."

 

"You look good." He chuckles. She rolls her eyes, "Thanks."

 

On their way to the museum, Eunjun is on her phone. Tzuyu can't stop talking about Mr Kim. She has been expressing the wildest imagination between Eunjun and Mr Kim and that freaks Eunjun out.

 

Tzuyu

You and Mr Kim... Alone in other country! Oh boy, that's literally every female students of Seoul Arts' dream.

 

To: Tzuyu

Stop it, you're making me cringe.

 

Eunjun locks the screen and glances at the lecturer. She looks at his perfect figure and his classy suit. Instead of wearing a shirt in the inside, he nailed the black turtleneck.

 

He looks really really young as if he could be a teenager, especially with his dyed hair- blonde. Sometimes, for a person who’s in his age, they'll probably starting keeping beards and leave their hair black.

 

He surely still has that teenage boy inside him.

 

"Why are you staring?" He asks. She almost gasps but she keeps cool, "You're wearing turtleneck."

 

He grins, "Yeah... Do I look weird?"

 

"You look good."

 

He smiles, "Thank you."

 

                                                                                                  

 

Eunjun looks around the museum in awe. Her smile is plastered on her face all the time. Mr Kim glances at her and smiles brightly. He could feel himself at ease, seeing his favourite student couldn't drop the beautiful smile on her face.

 

"Welcome Mr and Miss Kim. Glad to see you happy and healthy. How was your flight?" A woman in fancy suit approaches them.

 

Mr and Miss Kim? That is so father and daughter-ish.

 

"The flight's alright." Mr Kim says. His Korean Accent comes up. The woman smiles and stares at Eunjun, "Miss Kim... How are you feeling?"

 

Eunjun smiles, "I'm psyched. I'm feeling like I'm in a dream." She smiles, "I've seen your picture and I can tell you're amazing."

 

Eunjun looks down shyly, "Thank you but I don't think so..." The woman chuckles, "Trust me. If you're here, that means you're excellent. Am I right, Mr Kim?"

 

Mr Kim nods, "Right."

 

"My name is Catherine. I'm the museum's manager. And I must say congratulations." She shakes her hand with Eunjun. "And I'm Eunjun Kim."

 

She chuckles, "I know." She then leads the way, signalling them to follow her, "Here are the engravings of the winners' names from twelve universities. I can see yours from here, Miss Kim."

 

"Jun." Eunjun says and she nods with a smile. Catherine whispers to Mr Kim, "I like her."

 

Mr Kim smiles widely to the statement. She looks at the engravings and found her name. She smiles and slightly cups .

 

Eunjun Kim

Seoul University of Arts

 

"Let's go see your masterpiece." Catherine says, walking away. Mr Kim and Eunjun follow her from behind, climbing the stairs. There are many people, standing and staring at the displayed photos.

 

Eunjun gasps silently when she looks at her photograph being framed and being displayed in such a big size on the wall, at a museum.

 

Eunjun stays behind all of the people that are staring at her photo. She crosses her arms and stares at it proudly. One of the people turns around and noticed her.

 

"Eunjun Kim, right?" She asks. Eunjun nods with a smile.

 

"So you're the photographer."

 

"Congratulations!"

 

"I like your photo very much."

 

"You probably took a very long time to set the decorations. It's awesome!"

 

Eunjun thanks them with full humbleness. She suddenly feels something about to fall from her nostrils. When the liquid streams out of her nose, she places her index finger and gasps.

 

Her nose is bleeding. The people stare at her, "Oh my God... Are you alright?"

 

"Your nose is bleeding!"

 

Mr Kim pulls her shoulder, staring at her with wide eyes, "Jun... Are you alright? Hey..."

 

Eunjun nods vigorously and takes a handkerchief from a generous man in front of her, "Thank you."

 

She wipes her nose and smiles, "I'm alright. Probably jet lag."

 

"I'll give it back to you after I'll clean it." Eunjun says. The man chuckles, "No sweetheart. You don't have to."

 

She smiles, "Thank you so much." The man looks like he's about her father's age. The man nods, "No problem." He then walks away to see another photograph.

 

Catherine grins, "That was Terrance Shaw, the biggest investor of the museum. He is also an art lover. He held many occasions and art conventions where he displayed various artists' paintings and photographs."

 

"Oh wow..." Eunjun says.

 

Catherine whispers, "You're going to have a very bright future, Jun."

 

Mr Kim pats Eunjun's shoulder, "I'm going to eat some caviar. Why don't you look around?"

 

She nods and walks away from the professor. She stares at a familiar photo and smiles as she sees its photographer. She pulls out her phone and snaps his photo.

 

She sends it.

 

To: Tom Peters

[photo]

 

The guy pulls out his phone from his pocket when it dings. His expression changes and he starts to look around until he saw Eunjun. He stares at her in disbelieve.

 

He walks towards her, "Eunjun Kim."

 

She grins, "Well... Well... Thomas Peters from University of Westminster."

 

Tom hugs her, "Long time no see Jun. How are you?" She pats his back, "I'm good. How are you?"

 

He smiles, "I'm amazing. Which one is your photo?" Eunjun points out to her photo and he nods, "I should've known. Always so talented."

 

"So are you, Tom." She points out to his photo. He chuckles, "If you're still in London I bet you're the one's going to be displayed under University of Westminster."

 

"I don't think so." She shakes her head. They walk around together, looking at every photo displayed.

 

"How's Seoul?" He asks. She smiles, "Seoul's great. I have a great teacher."

 

"Junmyeon Kim, am I right? He's quite known in London, mostly in our class since he's a great photographer alongside Haeil Park." Tom says. Eunjun knows him. Park Haeil is Choa's father.

 

"I and his daughter know each other." Eunjun says. Tom stares at her, "Really? She's so pretty right? You guys are friends?"

 

Eunjun stares at him with an unexplainable expression. Basically, her face is the mix from half teaspoon of disgust, half teaspoon of annoyance, and full spoon of 'I don't think so'.

 

"No, she hates me." Eunjun scratches the back of her neck. Tom frowns, "Really? Why?"

 

"Because I got to come here..." She grins. Tom laughs, "Jealous much huh?"

 

He fixes his coat and looks at his watch, "I have to go now. I'll see you around, Jun."

 

"Bye." She smiles, looking at him that is walking away from her. "You've made a friend." Mr Kim says. Eunjun turns around and smiles, "Old friend from London."

 

Mr Kim nods, "Good to see you had company while I was gone. Let's go grab something to eat."

 

                                                                                                      

 

"Isn't this too fancy?" Eunjun looks at the restaurant. Mr Kim chuckles and pats her shoulder, "Just eat, Jun."

 

"So, we have our free time until 8pm for the gala. What are you going to do?" He asks, sipping his drink.

 

Eunjun sighs between her smiles, "Take a nap." Mr Kim chuckles, "Of course... You're tired. Rest okay; we don't want your nose to bleed again."

 

                                                                                                       

 

After bidding goodbyes, Mr Kim and Eunjun enter their rooms. Eunjun lies on the bed and stares at her luggage. She jumps off the bed and takes out her sky blue dress. She hangs it to the wardrobe and stares at it.

 

The dress is made of cotton with white transparent laces at the top. The quarter sleeves are made from the transparent laces until the chest and the back part. After the chest, solid sky blue cotton was sewed a little bit underneath the laces, not flawing the transparent part.

 

It is the same dress that she wore in the photo. She smiles, thinking of an idea. She grabs her phone and her sling bag, rushing out of the door.

 
Author's Notes
Hello!Thanks for reading this chapter. Please comment <3
0Y0Lz4y.gif