chapter 8

let me forget you


Chapter 8


After a week and 3 days jonki and his comrades finally came back,fortunately all of them were safe and now jong ki  in front of myung joo's dad.


"Welcome back,you did a great job and in such a short time,you deserve this promotion"he said patting his shoulder


"thanks,sir"


"from now on we are going to need your great ability to make quick decision in hard and difficult situations,right now this kind of role is even more dangerous and you are going to have more responsabilities,you are going to take care of many more people,this time the higher up will give you much more attention so you must be careful"he said with a stern expression.


"dae!"


"good"soon after his stern expression became more gentle"thanks for coming back alive and for protecting the others too...well the good thing is that now you can be more with your family since you are going to work mostly in korea and rarely going outside"


"dae"


"good, now you can go"


"dae,dangiyol!"he then goes outside take his phone,then he sent a text.


"i am back,i am coming to you"


He didn't even wait for a reply,he take his car and drove directly to the hospital,meanwhile in the hopiatl.


"doctor kang!wait!"said doctor myun gi,running towards her.


Aish,here we go again,she thinks to herself,she then turn around and make a fake smile"o,doctor myun gi,what's the matter?"


"aigo,how cold why are you being like this lately?"


Do you really want to know?i never tought the oppa who i so loved would now piss me off so much.


Flashback to a week ago after he became a doctor in this hospital.


"kang mo yeon!good morning,how are you?did you sleep well?"


"sure,i had a really good night sleep wae?"


"no i just think you are too tired,tell me the truth,you put another all night at work?"


"h-how do you know?"


"i saw you working,i left late but you stayed here,i wanted to help but i had an urgent matter"


How caring,this is such a miracle to ave met him again and we are going to work together,sigh,i can see him every day from now on,it's not like some else who just go away after kissing me and i don't even know where he went!...omo!what am i thinking?


Things went really well,everything was good even thought i would think about si jin sometimes everything became normal,well apart lee chi hoon who lately became a little strange,always together with me and sometimes i feel like i am being watched by him,i think something is wrong i just gope his wife won't think wrong about this.


"chagya,i think it's enough already"


"i know but what should i do,i made a promise with him,not to let her be near other guys,aish why did i even agree!she looks at me like i am some kind of stalker!"


"that's what you seem exactly,sigh,why did he even ask you to do that?"


"sigh,because of the new doctor,he is sunbae's crush from university"


"i see,so he wants you to keep an eye for that?"


"right,but i don't think he is so bad"


"in reality i think she shoul pay attention to him"


"wae?"


"because he always ask other girls in the hospital to go out with him he even asked me"chi hoon suddenly turn to her with an angry face.


"what?he asked you to go out with him?!what did you answer hu?"


"i just put my hand before his own eyes so that he could see that i am a married woman and that i love my husband"she said smiling"were you gealous?"


"of course i am...anyway,i love you too"he samiled and hugged her when a sudden voice interrupted them.


"why don't you do it in private?we have work to do"said blankly a tired doctor song.


"omo!hyung,what happened?!"


"i am just tired i couldn't sleep at all i had stomach pain all night"


"omo,i see"


"let's go to work now"


"dae"they said going their separate ways.That afternoon, miung gi asked mo yeong for a date.


"mo yeon,are you free tonight?"


"i don't have any surgeries wae?"


"then let's go out"


"what?!"


"omo,don't be this surprised"


"are you sure?"


"dae,i like you, you know?...i never told you anything before because i was shy,but know i can say it...what is your answer?"


Finally she is hearing what she always wanted from him,but it wasn't like she expected.Her heart isn't beating fast and he felt different from before,in reality these days she didn't think so much about him as she did in the past,all she could think about was si jin,but she made her decision so she decided to agree to go out with him.


"sure why not"


"fantastic,then after our turn ends i will wait for you outside"


"o,crae"she smiled at him while he started to run towards the exit door.


"sigh,what did i even did this for?sigh"


They spent a good time together and decided to go out again ,still she didn't see him as more than a friend,even tought she have some lingering feelings there is nothing more to that.


The next day after their 3 dates she saw myung gi talking with eung gi.


"eung gi you are really beautiful you know"


"better than mo yeon?"


"crom!she is beautiful tought"


"ya!"


"hey do you want to go out with me?"


She heard everything and was really upset by this,but that wasn't all since he did the same with all the female stuff of the hospital and that's why she is now not so happy to see him.


"you don't even want to go out with me anymore"


"that's because i am busy"she said with her fake smile always plastered on her face.


"that's right,then when you aren't busy tell me ok?"


"i won't"


"hu?"he looked shocked"wae?"


"because i don't want to go out with you"i don't really care about you please go away you are being a nuisance,aish i want to tell him this sooo much.


"but why?did i do something wrong?"


"...of course not,i just feel like being friends is enough already"


"but i-"


"i have to work now,bye"she turned around when he grabbed her hand"what are you doing?"


"it's because of him?"


"mind your own buisness"


"no,i want to know"


"let go!"she then tried to break free but couldn't no matter how much she tried.


"ya!let go!"


"no!"


"let her go right now"


Si jin came and she couldn't belive her eyes,the man she wanted to forget for good, is there even when she told him to never come to the hospital again,but she came back and more than anything,he came back alive.


"yoo si jin ssi?"he looked at her smiling and said"hi,beauty"after he said that word some scene similar to the time in the movie teather  came to mind this time that world"beauty"came out of the mouth of a smiling dark shadow,she could tell it was a man,but had no idea who it was,she wasn't even scared,but she came back to reality soon.


"let go of her,she doesn't like it,and neither do i"


"didn't you left for good?"


"i came back and i am here to stay"said yoo si jin seriously to a persistent myun gi,he then looked at mo yeon"at least tell me why you refused,we already went on dates but why did you refuse today?"


Yoo si jin was surprised and looked at her in disbelief,she looked back at him surprised as well,she didn't even know why but she felt as if she cheated.


"so?was it because of him?"


"let go and i will give you your answer"he then slowly let her go"now answer me"he asked seriously.Mo yeon with a stern expression said"i just don't want to go out with you anymore so i hope you will respect my decision"he was speachless but before leaving he said"i won't give up"then he finally left.


"sigh"si jin walked in front of her and asked"did you really go out with him?"he asked a little angry,she was surprised but answered sincerly.


"...dae"


"wae?i asked you to wait for me didn't i?"


"but i told you that i don't want to have anything to do with you anymore"he then remained silent for a second and looked away,then she walked past him but then stopped.


"i should have been away for 3 weeks"he said cletching his fists"but i wanted to come back to you,that's why i warked harder than every other time and i was able to come back in only a week"she was surprised her eyes wide open as she heard his words.


"yet you...never mind i am going gome"he then started to walk towards the exit door,mo yeon turned around to look at him with a sad face then she saw trail of blood coming from his direction and noticed that his arm was bleeding,how could she not notice it before,she thought at the time so she panicking run towards him and taken his bleeding arm to his surprise.


"what the-kang mo yeon?-"


"you are bleeding!what the hell!didn't i say you must take care of yourself!aish what's this!...anduegetta,i have to see the wound so i can treat-"


"you are really cruel kang mo yeon"she slowly looked up to him and her heart broke into many pieces seeing his sad and hurt expression.


"you go out with another man,knowing what i feel for you,you rejected me so many times,you tell me to stay away,that you don't care...and now...you are doing this, giving me hope again"she still looked at him knowing how she hurt him and so she remained silent while he was speaking.


"..."he looked seriously at her then asked"why are you so worried for me...is it as doctor kang mo yeon?or...are you worried as kang moyeon?"


She was confused and wanted to hug him and confort him.Mo yeon already decided,yet she can't help but feel so much worried everytime she sees him hurt.But mo yeon wanted to stick to her reason "as...as a doctor of corse,how can i as a doctor look the other way when someone is bleeding right in front of me,let's g-"she feels his arm slip away from her grasp,she was shocked"what are you doing?"


"i don't want to get my wound treated by you"he said seriously.


"what?why!aren't you hurt?"


"i am,i am hurting"


"see,that's why come a-"


"no, i will go to another doctor"then he turned to walk in the direction he was going,but she run in front of him"wae?"


"...because,i don't want a worried doctor kang...what i want...is just kang mo yeon"he said seriously,making her anable to answer,then si jin finally could go and go out the hospital door,while mo yeon was still there in silence,she then looked at his direction,she could only see his back.Mo yeon was sad and for the first time she regretted her decision a little.




The next day aesang hospital.Kang mo yeon is doing her round of visits in the emergency room.


"sanbennim,how are you?is everything fine?"asked lee chi hoon.


"sure,really, sure"


"i don't really think it's true,i mean i am not a patient so what are you disinfecting my arm for?"


"hu?"she then look at his arm and so what she just did.Hi whole arm was all covered,it seemed like she was painting a human body"omo sorry!"she said trying to clean his arm.


""it's ok don't worry i will do it on my own,but really why are you like this?"she looked at him,but she really didn't want to talk to him about what happened yesterday,since they are friends.


"nothing i didn't sleep well,so i think i will go and take a nap"she then goes running towards the dormitories but her best friend stopped her.


"mo yeon ah!"she saw her friend and run to hug her"omo!what are you doing?"she said patting her head"wae'what happened?"they went together inside their usual hideout with snack but mo yeon didn't really eat much as she was in her own world.


"and so...ya!gijibeya!are you listening?"she said to mo yeon who obviously didn't hear a thing,she just bite her lips,with and hand on her chin"ya!"still mo yeon didn't answer,she was thinking about what happened the day before,she couldn't care less bout myung gi,she was only able to think about yoo si jin and was worried sick about his arm since she didn't know what kind of wound it was,and if he really went to treat his wound,then a sudden thought came to mind"myung joo!"she remembered that she is a military doctor in university she always talked about it,but the problem is that she really don't how to contact her,withouth thinking much she went to her phone numbers list when she saw myung joo's phone number,she was confused as to why she had it,but right now she didn't care,she just called her.


"sorry dear i have to go out and make a call"she run outside and dialed the number of myung joo.


"yeobuseyo?"


"..."


"yeobuseyo?ya!kang mo yeon!i know it's your number!answer!"


"omo,ya!don't scream!i am going to become deaf!"


"then answer,sigh,so what is it?did you remember something?"


"hu?,no in reality i have something to ask you"she said sheeply


"omo,ask, i will answer if i want to"


"ya!"


"pally,i don't have much time"


"fine...well you are a military doctor right?"


"dae,so what?"


"well...do you pheraps now a soldier who's name is yoo si jin?"myung joon was pleasntly surprised to hear her being so interested.


With a smirk on her face she said"what if i do know him?wae?"


"o please do you know him or not?"


"cronicca,why should i tell you,i don't think you called me only to ask if i know him"


"aish"


Myung joo was laughing hard but tried not to let mo yeon notice"cough,so?"


"aish,i just...mwolla!he is hurt and i am worried if he is alright, he didn't want to be treated by me,so i thouth,if i could know where he is"


"ooo,i see,well,he isn't here,he is at home right now he has the day off"


"i see,then give me the address of his house"


"wow,doctor kang,what are you doing?are you so worried about your patient that you even go to his house?or are you just interested in him?"she said teasingly.


"...ya!...just give me his address"


"calm down,ok i will give it to you"


After myung joo gave her his address she thanked her and decide that after her turn ended she will go there,fortunately today she can get off earlier so she just went home for awhile showered and get changed in casual clothes then run off to his house.


After she finally arrived mo yeon's heart started to beat faster.


"calm down,it's only concern for a patient,yea,cough"she then finally press the doorbell's door and after awhile he finally opened the door,she was startled, her eyes open wide and she remained speachless.


"doctor kang?what are you doing here?"


"a w-w"she couldn't even utter a word and he found it really cute he wanted to laugh but he decide that he shouldn't"doctor kang,come inside please"she then entered still speachless but then she suddenly came back to reality"ya!wear something will you?"she said looking away.


He then said"wae?this is my house,i can even go if i want to"


"ya!do you think you are dressed now?you only have a towel around-"she stopped midway as she couldn't continue the conversation and became red.


"around?"he said teasingly,looking directly into her eyes


"ya!"


"calm down,i was going to dress up anyway,but how did you know my address?and why are you here in the first place"he asked while he was in his bedroom to change.


"i...i came because i wanted to see how your wound was"


"really?but there was no need i told you yesterday right?"


"yes,i know,but can't you just let me see?i am already here so..."


After dressing up si jin went outside and looked at her with his charming expression making her skip a beat"ok,she then bring her emergency kit that she brought,they went in the leaving room,were in the middle a small table was placed.He sat in the chair and then placed his arm on the table and she was finally able to see the wound.


"omo,what the heck,you need some sticheses"he looked at her who was busy and smiled while remembering the moment before she came.


He was showering and was still mad and sad about what happened yesterday,he couln't belive that mo yeong have gone on a date with that myung gi and it seemed like it was more than once,he felt like she cheated and even thought she rejected him later,he still can't forget the fact that they were together and alone for more than one day.To make him come out from his unhappy memories myung joo called and of course he answered.


"yeobuseyo?"he answered with a not so happy voice.


"omo,what a stupid voice we have here"


"ya,imma,i am not in the mood right now"


"good!"


"tsk,what so good about me being upset?"


"because i have good news for you"


"o really?"he thouth he was about to hear about her and seo dae yeong or about some news from his father but he was totally wrong and didn't expect what she was about to say.


"dae"


"so what is this good news?"


"well,sometime ago a person called me"


"o yes,so?"


"that person was kang mo yeon"


"what?..."he couldn't belive what he just heard.


"what?wae?what did she say?"


"waaa,calm down.She wanted to know if i knew you and if you were here,i told here that you were at home.She then asked me for your home address,so i asked teasingly if she is interested in you"


"and what did she say?"


"...nothing,but nowing her i think she started to feel something or at least it's good news that she is so worried for you no?"


"..."he was speachless"i think she is on her way"


Then the dorrbell rang"o,i think she just arrived,then have a good time"


"thanks,i own you one"


"sure thing,i will use it well"he then hung up and opened the door and she was right there in front of his door.


End of flash back.


"o no,i finished the gauze"


"it's ok i have it,it's in the bathroom"


"ok,thanks"


He then went to the place he had the gauze and took it for her,after she finished to tend his wound she saw a small one on his forehead too so she went near him.


"what are you doing doctor kang?"he asked with a low voice"y-you have a wound on your forehaed,tha's why..."


"aaa,i see"he said,then she move his hair to one side and he looks up at her who can't seem to calm down.Just once mo yeon wanted to sneak a peak at si jin,who was already looking at her,then their eyes met and she for the surprise made a step back but stumbles upon her purse ,fortunately he cathches her and then without even knowing how,she found herself sitting on his laps,he is now looking at her in a  teasing yet manly way,Yoo si jin is now holding her closely.


Her heart beat really fast and her mind is confused,mo yeon is now grabbing tight the part of his shirt who covers his chest.


"i should hurt my self more if this is what it takes to see you"