chapter 2

let me forget you

chapter 2


After he found out about mo yeong,si jin wanted to know more,so he went to search for the  doctor who was in charge of her and he found him.


"hello doctor!sorry i am kang mo yeon's boyfriend i came to know that she have amnesia but it's termporary or..."he asked concerned.


"well,in her case it's not the permanent type,in time she should be able to remember"


"but then what should i do?she doesn't remember me"he asked panicking.


"well,first stay by her side,try and do things you two did before things like that"


"i see thanks"


"don't mention it"he went away and si jin remained silent for awhile,thinking about the best thing he should do,he loves her and the fact that she forgot everything hurt him,he want her to remember him,but a voice stopped him from leaving the hospital.


"wait yu si jin"it was mo yeong's best friend Hyun Jyu-Ni


"hello,it's been awhile"


"yea,so you were alive,in different circumstances i would be happy to see you but this time,i am not that happy...did you hear about what happened?"


"...yes,i just talked with her doctor"he said to the girl"and i am going to make her remember me so-"


" don't do it please"


"...what?"


"...i am sorry but i don't want her...to remember you"


"you...it's because i was-"


"exactly,this time was more severe than the first,lee chi hoon told you right?"jong ki looked down and said nothing.


"...i know that girl much longer then you,she is imporant for me,she is really dear to me and i don't want to see her like that anymore,i was really scared...that she whould..."


SI jin then looked at her in a guilty and sad way"what do you mean?"


"...you understand already,that's why please,don't appear in front of her again...i am sorry to say this to you because i know you love her but i hope you understand that this won't be the last time you will do this and the next time maybe you won't be so lucky and we are the one who are here to pick up the pieces of her heart...this time we barely made it,if something like this happens again,i am afraid we really will loose her"she says in a pleading way"chebal,try to understand,it's not that i hate you,but to tell you the truth even thought i find honorable what you do...i don't wish for her to end up like that again".


Si jin looked her with desperate eyes as if to plead her not to say those words,tears almost formed in his eyes and this made her friend waver for a second but she came back to her senses soon after.


"please don't look at me like that...i am sorry,i know you are suffering too,but i am sure you can understand us"she said while taking his hand,tears fall from her yes "i am sorry for hurting you,i know you are a really good guy and i like the person you are,but understand that she is more important to me and the more she loves you the more hurt she will feel...because she loves you so much"she then looked at him now in tears,he couldn't say a word he was so hurt that he couldn't say anything,because he can understand her being scared for mo yeong,in the end she saw in what kind of condition mo yeon was,she always supported them but hearing her pleading him to stop seeing her means that mo yeon was really in a bad state,that's why he can understand her,but at the same time he really can't give mo yeong up.




Now si jin is in his car desperate at what just happened,he just hope to wake up from this nightmare but he knows that what just happened was reality.His phone start to ring making him come back to his sense,he take it out from his pocket and see the name of his best friend seo dae yeong so he answer it.


"big boss,so how did it go?did she hit you?"


"no"


"no?from your tone she must have really hurt you,mmm...then she beat the hell out of you?"


"...she really...did hurt me this time"


"hu?big boss?what's wrong?what did she do?...did she want to break up?"


"..."jong ki didn't unswer as tears started to come out from his eyes.


"anduegetta,let's meet up,let's go to the usual place"


He tried his best to not let his hoarse voice being noticed by his friend"...ok,i am coming"




15 minutes later he arrived to where his friend was waiting for him,that cafe hold a lot of memory of him and mo yeong too,what a place to meet seo dae young choosed.


"...i see,so that's what happened,poor doctor kang"he looked at his pained friend"don't worry everything will be fine"si jin made a sad smile"i don't really know about that"he said while looking at his coffe.


"what do you mean?aren't you going to help her remember?"he questioned his friend.


"...i don't know if it's the right thing to do"


"...our big boss,this is the first time i see you doubting of your choices"


"it's not like that...her friends asked me to stop seeing her,so that she could forget me"


"i can't belive it,they were so happy about you two"


"yes,because she was happy...but it seems like kang mo yeon suffered a lot more this time around,she really scared them.Mo yeong barely ate,she wasn't even able to sleep,she went rarely home and when she forgot me...they decided,that is was the right thing for her".


"...so what are you going to do?"


"...they say,i should-"


"i asked what you want to do,let them out of the picture for now...are you really giving up on her?can you do it?"si jin looked at his friend sadly


"i love her and if leaving her can make her live better...shouldn't i do at least so much for her?she has been through a lot because of me"


"stupid,do you know that doing that means she could even fall for someone else? she is a smart and beautiful woman,do you think that she will stay alone forever?"


"...waaa,you really hit were it hurts...to tell you the truth i can put up with the fact that she forgot me,but i'd rather she will never love anyone else,it may seem cruel but i really hate the fact that she could be touched by someone else...but i can't really bound her to me forever, i know it's impossible".


"biccinnum"said seo dae young with his usual expression.


"what?wae?then what would you have done if you where in my place and myung ju was in kang mo yeon place hu?"


Seo dae yeon became silent"see,you would have the same doubt as me and in the in the end you would have come to my same conclusion"si jin looked at his watch"i have to go now,i have somethings to do,you pay for me too ok?" "what-,sigh only this time".Then si jin went out of the cafe when seo dae yeong go running after him.


"wait!"si jin turned around to look at him a little surprised "what?"


"my answer,to your question is that i won't give up on her,she may suffer in the future i know that,but i also know that she loves me a lot and she will want me to help her remember and i am sure she want the same,that's why help her."at that time he recalled the words that
mo yeon's friend Hyun Jyu-Ni told him that she love him a lot really a lot and that's why she hurt so much.


"don't be a coward and let her decide what she really want to do with your relationship,she isn't someone who likes people making decisions for her. This isn't righ,what you and her friends are doing isn't good at all."His words was like a puch in his stomach, a punch that he needed to come back on track now he finally understood that she wouldn't want him to do that,he is right she would want him to not leave her,because she always wanted him to be by her side and now this is what he intend to do,even if he have to start all over again.


"thanks man!"he said while smiling


Seo dae yeong smiled too"do you thing my services are free?the next five times you will pay for my share too,big boss,"then he patted his shoulder and left."ya!why five times! i thing you forgot that thanks to your way of teaching you had me almost killed by your ex student!ya!aish he always leave when things gets hard for him"then he smiled in his direction"but i have to thank him,now i know what i have to do".




The next day,Haesang hospital,afternoon...




"doctor kang please go to the director after work he really need to talk to you!"said desperately the assistant of Han Suk-Won.


"aish,i forgot,ok,i will come after this patient"


"thanks doctor kang!"


"ok,now please go i have a patient to visit"


"oh!sure do!the sooner you finish the better is it for me thanks!"then he suddenly run to tell the news to the director.


"aish,what the heck does he even want  from me?aish-"she heard a familiar yet unpleasant voice coming from behind her, Kim Eun-Ji.


"you seems to forget a lot of things these days"she is smiling evily as if she has the upper hand in teir discussion.


"says the one who almost forgot the scissors inside the patient stomach"


"what-?"she then grab mo yeon's wrist to bring her in a more private place to talk"how do you know?anyway it was a mistake and i did take them out before finishing the operation!"she said stattering and trying to act taught in her unconvincing way.


"omo,a mistake?you as a doctor should never make those mistakes,if it wasn't for nurse Ha Ja-Ae things would have gone bad"


"so it was her! i advised her to shut up!"


"don't do anything stupid,you should thank her for not reporting you,if it was me i would have already done it.


"tsk,you would not!even now that you know you don't have proof"she said secure of herself.


"tsk,if you did it in front of me,no matter who daughter you are i will report you,i wonder then if you will still be able to be a doctor again"mo yeong beated Kim Eun-Ji at her own game,making her feel unconfortable and defeated.


"tsk,then you?you even forgot about your boyfriend"


"what the- ya!stop being idiotic will you?when did i ever had a boyfriend"


"omo!don't tell me you really forgot?that man? seriously?that s-"


"ya!what are you still doing here?come with me,doctor kang"Hyun Jyu-Ni glared at her as if to say to follow her.


"Kim Eun-Ji you have some patients go and please do a good job"


"tsk,i know"then she left.


"my god!i really can't stand her,she even said i forgot my boyfrien-"


"what,what's wrong?"her friend said all worried.


"Hyun Jyu-Ni could my boyfriend be the director?this would explain why he always ask about me"


"ya!dodn't you even think about that you just forgot someo-cough,i mean you just fogot some things but it's not like you are touched in the head,so stop saying those thing!"


"...pmfff,thanks my dear friend,if it wasn't for you"


"yea,really"they hug each other.


"doctor kang!there is a patient who need you"


"dae! my dear i will come later,prepare the snacks ok?"


"sure!now go"


"dae!"


"good,this is the way you should be,a happy smile is what suit you best"she said with a happy expression on her face,"i did the right thing".




In the emrgency room.


"so were is the patient?"she said smiling.


"there,he is that way"


"ok"she walk towards the patient,mo yeong can only see his back but it seemed familiar to her.


"here we go,so what happened her-"she saw him,the one from yesterday,this man is now in front of her.


"hi,doctor kang"he said with an happy smile,a smile that for some reason she find really charming.