Chapter 14

let me forget you


Chapter 14


Si jin is in the barracks sitting with his hands on his forehead,in silence,without swearing or anythything like that while the blood is dripping from his hand.All of a sudden si jin is made to come back to his sense by his best friend's voiceseo dae yeon.


"Si jin ssi,what are you doing here?"


"..."he remained silent


"are you going to stay here all the time?"he looked at his hand"...i heard...about doctor kang"


"so you heard,that damn man,that time he would have let her gladly die by angus hands and now he want to use her,tsk,what a bastard"Seo dae yeon sit on the bed in bront of him


"yoo si jin,look at me"but he didn't


"...call her and tell her everything"suddenly si jin raise his head to face seo dae yeon,rage all over his face,"are you crazy?what should i tell her?this isn't a game!she is a civilian and if something goes wrong and that person dies they will put all the blame on her!we both know that they will surely do it!-"


"CALM DOWN!"seo dae yeon shout"i know,i know this already,but instead of thinking of the wrost why don't you think a way to protect her by her side,so she won't be alone"


"you talk simple seo dae yeon,i wonder what will you have done if it were myung joo"


"that's a different matter since she is a militar doctor,still...i can understand your corncern"


"i don't think you can"he said after looking away.Seo dae yeon looks at his watch"are you going to keep on wasting time?you only have 1 hour and half"


"i am thinking ok?"


"about what?do you have a plan in mind?"


"that-damn it!"


"see in any case after two hours they will go and pick her up from the hospital,isn't it better if you explain everything to her?"si jin get up"I can't, i don't want to let her get involved!you don't know how i felt when i saw her wearing a bomb vest!this time it's even worse!if something goes wrong the enemy will surely trying to prevent her from keeping that man alive even if it means killing mo yeon,and if he dies she will have to take the blame and all her life will be doomed!do you think i can make her take such a risk?!"


"aish you really-"seo dae yeon get up and punch him in the face surprising si jin"what the heck did you become?avoinding this would have been a piece of cake for you,ya!instead of crying like a little girl,trust her more!she isn't a woman who will let someone die before her own eyes!i never saw someone die in her hads!i belive her, why you, her boyfriend doesn't!"


"damn you!it's not like that!what do you know!i just get her to remember me!do you think i am willing to let her be in danger!?"


"then protect her!you don't have much time!while you talk with me times fly idiot!"si jin remained silent with a perturbed face,he looks at his watch and the time pass fast"damn it"he goes out of the barrack and head to his superior's office"tangyol!"


"...have you decided?"


"...i will...talk to her about it but on two conditions"


"...speak"


"first,she must be protected no matter what"


"fine,that goes withouth saying,she is important for his safety"earing what he just said made si jin angry but he can't do anything so he cletch his fist


"and... if something goes wrong,i will take the blame and be held responsible for everything"


"...are you sure?-"


"dae!"


"...crae,you will be held responsible for an eventual flop of the mission at that time,you carreer,will end"


"...dae"asnwered si jin"


"...you can go out now"


"...tangyeol!"after paying his respect he goes outside




Aesang hospital


"waaa doctor kang,someone is happy here"ask doctor song in a teasing way


"...is it that obvious?"


"dae,it's because of si jin?"


"dae,we went on our first real date after awhile,it was fun,he prepared everything"i said smiling from hear to hear


"i am happy,really"he said sincerly


"thanks"suddenly my phone rings and it was my dear boyfriend, smiling i answered"what is it?miss me already?"


"of course i miss you"his voice was strange"hey,is something wrong?"i asked worried"...please come to the rooftop"


"wae?"


"i will tell you when i see you face to face"


"o-ok"i run to the elevator and when i finally arrived at the rooftop i found an elicopter,with si jin and seo dae yeon.After seeing me si jin get down and come towards me,then he takes my hand and apologized"i am sorry,kang mo yeon really"


"wae?it's the department store again?"please no,not again


"dae"here it comes"but you have to come with with me,i am sorry"he said,apologizing again"...wait...wae?why should i come too?"


"i will explain everything while we go,let's get in the helicopter know"and so we run towards the elicopter and went inside"hello doctor kang,it's been awhile",said seo dae yeon.


"o,crae,it's been awhile"then i look at si jin a little worried"so what is all this?"he hesitantly start to talk,after saying everything i was shocked"WHAT?!"


"calm down"


"y-you want me to calm down?,are they touched in the head?they want me to kill a pantient?"


"it's only temporary"i get up and say"i don't think you and that superior of yours know what this mean!if something goes wrong he really could die!i will have to flooding the heart with potassium ions and that can cause permanent damage if he stay alive!"


"damn,isn't there another way then?"


"are you serious?"he looked at me, seriously and apologetically.After arriving i wanted to talk with his superior"where is he?"


"mo yeon wait...calm down,i can't go inside,so pay attention to what you say"i didn't reply i was just mad,how can they-"i finally enter the room and there he is looking outside the window as if he was some sort of hero in movies,he then turn around and look at me"good morning doctor kang"how i hate these damn people"sigh,is it true?"i ask trying to stay as calm as possible"...dae"


"are all of you crazy?i save people not kill them!"


"making him stay alive it's your duty as a doctor"


"waaa,long short you are telling me to do wathever it takes no matter what to make him live and you don't care who or what i will have to do right?"


"you catch up fast doctor kang"how i want to punch him!"you,you do know i am not in the a military right?"


"what's the difference,a doctor is a doctor"at that i didn't care anymore who he was"do you think i am stupid?if something goes wrong i will take the blame since all of you are just cowards"


"...no you won't"i was surprised what does it mean,did they have a change of heart or something?


"how can i belive it,then who will?"


"you won't,but soldier si jin will"


"w-what do you mean?"


"that's the only reason he agreed you safety first"i couldn't say anything i remained speachless there as he said"that's all,you won't be taken responsible, now go"i was so angry and sad why is he always like this?.After i finally get out,he was waiting for me and worried came towards me"what happened?is everything fine-"


"are you crazy?...why take responsability for me?"


"mo yeon-"


"how can you do this?what do you think of doing!-"


"then what?should i do?!i didn't want you to come here,but they only gave me two hours and i couldn't think a plan fast enough,the only thing i could do was that"he became sad,i know well how he hate putting me in danger.


"i will do it,but you will never need to take responsability"


"mo yeon what do you mean?you life can be doomed forever!"


"then what about you?do you think i would be able to sleep at night?also i am not a coward and anyway"i take his face in my hands"nothing will happen,everything will go just fine"i smiled"mo yeon..."i kissed him gently.


"i think i have a better idea than inducing a forced death,who the hell planned this idiocy in the first place"


"me"suddenly a voice from behind me said,it was his superior,i couldn't take it back,what is said is said anyway,let's hope he won't put me in jail...aish me and my mouth.


"cough,ok let's go inside i will tell you my plan,but first i have to know what you have to do and how much time you will need.We go inside the office and they explain the situation to me,after listening i think my plan can work.


"i understand,then instead of inducing death i will use a drug called Succinylcholine".


"what is it?"ask si jin.


"Succinylcholine is a drug that is used for surgery in realyty and other related things where a moving body is dangerous for the operation.Succinylcholine is a depolarizing muscle relaxant. It works by keeping muscles from contracting, which causes paralysis of the muscles in the face and those used to breathe and move.But it's risky anyway first i must know if he is allergic to any of the substances i am going to tell you,if it's ok we will use this,ok?"


"good,then there is less problems?"asked si jin


"it's not really,like that,there is a lot i have to ask to him and like every medicine has is side effects the common one are: Increased saliva; muscle pain following surgery; muscle twitching.But it's dangerous if one of these symptoms occurs,like Severe allergic reactions (rash; hives; itching; difficulty breathing; tightness in the chest; swelling of the mouth, face, lips, or tongue); chest pain; fainting; fast breathing; fast, slow, or irregular heartbeat; flushing; high body temperature; increased pressure in the eye; pauses in breathing; pounding in the chest; severe muscle pain with or without decreased urination; severe or persistent dizziness or headache; slowed or shallow breathing; tightening of the jaw or other muscles."


"i see,indeed there is a lot to consider"


"that's right"i looked at his superior but he didn't utter a word,of course he won't say anything,he said it all before already,sig"i can wait at most an hour,then i will have to make him come back to normal or else things won't be pretty"


"that's more than enough"said smiling si jin,he finally came back my soldier,i smiled in response"good,then let's preapare,mo yeon"i am a little scared but he will be beside me so it's ok"dae"