Not Enough

Love Redeemer
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

HELLO YES it has been 8,000 years since LR last updated. pls do reread the previous chapter if you can't remember what happened last, and i'm sorry for the fail ;__; BUT HEY AT LEAST LR IS UPDATED NOW?? OTL

 

 

 

“I wish you were wearing your police uniform, though, that’d be hotter. Why aren’t you?”

“Godammit, Kai―” Sehun is abruptly cut off by a third voice.

“Get the away from Sehun!” Before Sehun can register, Kai is shoved harshly away from Sehun.

Sehun blinks to clear his vision and winces at the sight.

Suho is here, glaring at Kai threateningly like he’s one second away from ripping Kai’s arm off his body for touching Sehun, while Kai just rocks back onto his heels nonchalantly, brushing nonexistent dust from his shoulder.

Oh. .

Kai, for his part, only tilts his head with a casual smile on his face. “Don’t look so angry, big brother. Surely the court had notified you that I’d be coming.”

“Yes, but that gave you no right to enter my office without permission!”

“I was simply following Sehun. He entered your office without permission, too.”

“I was―” Sehun tries to defend himself, only for Suho to cut in.

“Sehun is different from you!”

Kai’s smile only grows wider. “Is he? How?”

“Sehun is not a deranged psychopathic lunatic like you!”

“Is he not…?” Kai is asking Suho, but his gaze is on Sehun, and the younger finds himself shifting uncomfortably in response.

Suho is saying Sehun is not ed in the head like Kai, but Kai seems to think otherwise.

And honestly? Sehun is scared of the fact that he does not know who is correct in this.

“Ah, unfortunately I do have a time limit,” Kai notes, eyes flitting to the clock on the wall before looking back down. Before Sehun can blink, Kai advances onto Suho, effortlessly snatching the folder he had been holding onto, as swift as a breeze blowing by, and flashes back to his former position.

It had been so fast Suho couldn’t even respond until after he finds his hands empty, looking flabbergasted at his younger brother now distances away from him. “What―”

“Did you forget I was trained to be an assassin throughout my entire childhood while you sat dwindling your thumb, dreading when father would assign you your next victim to kill?”

Suho looks stricken at that, as if he had almost forgotten how wretched Kai’s past had been compared to his own. But he shakes his head quickly, growling, “You have no right to call him father when you were the one who murdered him yourself.”

“And did you not thank me for it, silently, in the depths of your cowardly heart? It was only after he died that you were officially free to do whatever righteous thing you’ve always been delusioned to do, like becoming a cop, for example.”

“That’s―”

“While I would love to continue our chat of digging up the past and our cherished brotherly bond,” Kai interrupts easily, voice dry and sarcastic, looking bored as hell, “I am afraid I’ve ran out of time. It would do no good to break the law when you’re trying to get the law to break for you, right? Thank you for 'giving' me the documents I've come here for.”

“What―”

Before Suho can finish his sentence, Kai already has a hold of Sehun’s wrist, jerking him towards the door.

“Kai, what are you―” Sehun starts.

Kai spins around and regards the younger with an affectionate smile. “Be a dear for me and drive me home, will you? I fear I have no money left for a taxi, and it is part of your job’s description to tend to my every need, as my House Arrest Supervisor, no?”

“No money―” Sehun parrots disbelievingly, considering Kai has more wealth than everyone in the police department combined, and one of the richest men on Earth.

But Kai is still beaming him that saccharine smile, and Sehun finds himself deflating because Kai is right, it is Sehun’s job to provide Kai with adequate care when he signed up to be Kai’s Chief Supervisor.

So he sighs, “Fine.”

“Sehun!” Suho snaps.

“Sorry, hyung. He is right, unfortunately.” Kai looks offended at Sehun’s answer, but Sehun ignores him. “Let me take him home first. I’ll meet up with you later, okay?”

Before Suho can protest further, Sehun hurriedly walks out the room, dragging Kai with him.

 

 

“Remember when you didn’t know how to drive a car?” Kai asks in the passenger seat as Sehun focuses on the road before him. “But that was okay, because Zitao was your personal driver.”

“He was your personal driver,” Sehun corrects. “And did you forget the year after when I had to take the bus everywhere?”

“Yes, which I had greatly disapproved. All those peasants on the bus getting to see you all decked out in your police uniform glory. If anyone had tried to do anything indecent to you on the bus, I would’ve had their teeth pulled out one by one.”

“You sound like a ert, Kai. And a psycho.” When Kai only gives him a smile back like he agrees with Sehun, Sehun sighs. “And that only lasted until last year. I got a driver’s license whi

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter