Also Attached

Love Redeemer
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

 

The walk is familiar.

Sehun didn’t go to Time Control that often, but he’d been here enough times to memorize the path leading up to the highest floor.

“I heard Exo’s been pretty quiet since Kai got arrested,” he says to the man trailing after him eagerly, whose name is Johnny. “Not off doing illegal deals anymore?”

Johnny, who is a newly-appointed Gold card and supervisor of the building, only laughs lightly, knowing all too well Sehun’s status as a cop. “Well, our boss did get arrested… It’s only natural we want to lay low for awhile, right? I must say, I didn’t expect to see you here, sir. You’ll forgive that unsightly exchange from earlier, won’t you?”

Sehun shrugs. “He’s of no importance to me, though maybe you should hand the task of securing the building to someone else not a next time.”

“Yes, sir!” Johnny salutes him playfully, and Sehun curses himself inside―did he just give advice on getting better security for Exo, of all things?

He grunts, feet stopping at the massive two-doors entrance to Kai’s former office.

“There’s no need to knock,” he tells the other when Johnny is making the motions to. “Your job here is done. You may leave.”

Johnny obviously looks nervous at Sehun’s disregard for Kyungsoo, but he nods anyway. “If you need anything else, you can find me. Or any of us, really. You know all of us Exo still consider you as our own, sir.”

Sehun scowls, waving him away. Then proceeds to fling the double doors open, strolling in unceremoniously.

Kyungsoo simply lifts his head up from where he’s seated at the desk, unperturbed. Guess he’s already been notified Sehun was making his way up here.

“Hello, Sehun. To what do I owe the pleasure of you visiting today?” he asks in a robotic voice.

“Cut the pleasantries. We both know you don’t mean it.”

“On the contrary. I’ll have you know I can be pleasant to people, if I want.”

“Yeah? Is that why half of the Elites hate you?”

The other’s eyebrow gives a twitch, but otherwise remained unstirred. “I can’t help it that lower lifeforms simply can’t comprehend the things I do.”

Sehun snorts. Look at this guy speaking as if he’s way above the rest. “I’m surprised you haven’t offended half of Exo away with that personality of yours.”

At this, Kyungsoo shifts in his seat, this evidently being a touchy subject for him. “No matter how much they may find me unpleasant, they still revere Exo as a group, and would never leave.”

“Revere Exo as a group… or revere Kai, specifically?”

The older tilts his head. “Of course you know how beloved and respected Kai was when he was still boss, but I fail to see how that has anything to do with our current conversation.”

Sehun looks directly into his eyes, challenging. “Does it not?”

“How does it, when Kai is imprisoned inside that shack you called a home, and I am the one running Exo?”

“Okay, fine. Let’s cut to the point. Why’d you send someone to kill Luhan?”

“Luhan?” Kyungsoo echoes, expression perfectly detached and blank, and Sehun hates how well he’s perfected that face.

“Yes.”

“So he came to you for a reprieve? To tattle like a sulky child?” Kyungsoo scoffs.

“So you admit you did it?”

“Of course.” He settles back in his seat, gazing up at Sehun confidently. “Luhan was a traitor that dared to work with another organization to take Exo down. I know you might think that all traitors of Exo get away scot-free by looking at your own example, but I assure you that is definitely not the case.”

“Ha!” Sehun laughs at the shade against him. “I know it’s not, and I know you’re seething inside at how I’m such a special exception. The only exception―for Kai.”

Any mentions of how Kai obviously prefers Sehun better manage to set Kyungsoo off without fail, and Sehun revels in seeing the other’s eyes darken with restraint anger. “I believe all this roundabout and you’re still not getting to the point.”

“Fine. Let’s ask the question I came here for.” Sehun steps right up to the desk, a hand caressing the back of a picture frame placed on the surface. “Is Luhan betraying Exo the only reason why you came after him?”

“If not, then whatever else could it be?”

“Oh, I don’t know. Maybe because he’s also attached like hell to me?”

“Whether he is or not, I couldn’t care less. I am not attached to you.”

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter