Six Months

Love Redeemer
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

 

The phone rings five times before it connects.

“As always, it took you forever to pick up the phone.”

The person on the other line tuts, clearly annoyed. “And it took you forever to contact me.”

“Hey, I am under house arrest, you know. That means being watched 24/7.”

“Then is it safe to call now?”

“The wonderful thing about living with a cop that supervises your sentence, is that cop is the sole person to monitor the equipments. And I’m not bad with technology―or ways to get around it. After all, you’ve taught me well.”

The other makes a noise, almost pleased. “So how are you? I did as told and kept everyone away from you since, but I tried to keep up with the news as much as I could. I heard you were gravely injured.”

He hums, leaning back onto the chair. “Mnn, it was… touch and go for a bit there.”

“We didn’t factor Kim Minseok into the equation,” the other notes.

“No. I was going to use Luhan. I knew he was going to betray me. And I knew he was working with a cop. I just didn’t know that cop was the son of someone I had killed, and wanted to take revenge.”

“I read your list of injuries from the hacked hospital records,” the other states. “It’s a wonder you’re alive at all.”

He chuckles, a deep sound. “After all I’ve been through… You didn’t think I’d die from that, did you?”

The other pauses. “I suppose not, but… It was still very dangerous, Jongin. You really actually could’ve died. Never mind the bloodloss, but that fall from ten story above―”

“There were a bunch of trees below. I knew the layout of the place, you know.”

“Yeah, but if something had gone wrong―”

“No pain, no gain,” he cuts in, lips curled into a haughty smirk. “You can’t ever achieve anything without putting yourself at risk. That’s been my motto since Day 1, you knew that.”

“I did, but…” A sigh.

“Look, it all worked out in the end, right? Everything went perfectly according to plan. Just the way I predicted it would.”

“I swear, you are actually clairvoyant or something. Should look into being a psychic who tells people their fortunes. Make a lot of cash that way.”

He barks out a laugh. “Did you actually make a joke at me? You?”

“Tsk,” the other grumbles. “So what now? There’s a reason for this phone call, right?”

“Mnn,” he spins the chair around leisurely, his lip. “This is why I said you’re the one who knows me best. Yeah, I want you to do something for me.”

“What is it?”

“Get rid of two very annoying pests for me.”

“Annoying pests…” the other repeats slowly, mulling over. “Luhan’s still alive, right? I’m guessing he’s one. And the other… if it’s for the same reason you want to get rid of Luhan, then… Junmyeon?”

“See, this is why I like you so much, Kyungsoo,” he coos. “Even Luhan couldn’t get on your level, back when he was still a fool for me. You were the only one who ever knew what I wanted without me having to voice it out.”

“Perks of knowing you for seventeen years now, I suppose,” the other retorts dryly.

“Mnn-hmn… So yes, Luhan because he’s been quiet since that day and I don’t know if he still harbors that delusion of wanting to take Sehun away from me. Junmyeon… well. He still obviously harbors the delusion. You should’ve seen the deathglare he gave me the day my sentence was announced.”

“I can imagine. He gave me the same face last time we met.”

“Parasites, both of them,” he sneers. “Do whatever it takes to kill them

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter