Chapter 6

Creeping In Your Heart
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter
CHAPTER SIX; ROYALLY SCREWED

Such plants shouldn't have existed, such plants shouldn't have been able to make such noises and move in such ways. Because if they didn't exist Lee wouldn't have to be walking so stiffly with Chen gripping onto her hand. It seemed Chen liked being the type to constantly enforce skinship with other people, but Lee didn't like enforcing or being forced into skinship at all. And she would much rather be lured in by one of those singing plants than be holding Chen's hand, especially when he looked to excited to be holding someones hand, to be the one deciding if another person got pulled into the leafy vines and eaten alive by the plants so tall they were face to face with the trees.

"It's better if you don't look at them either, they might take that as an opportunity to grab you. So we normally stick together, keep our eyes away and make our own noise so we don't have to listen to their singing" Chen pulled her closer, creating a deep scowl on Lee's face as Baekhyun rushed up next to her, pressing his shoulder against hers so she was wedged between the two.

Being eaten alive sounds a lot better than being trapped between dumb and dumber.

Lee rolled her eyes and continued to look at the land around her, it was magnificently scary and her eyes automatically trailed to the castle like building that Baekhyun was pointing at. It stood out above the plants, standing tall on its ground and towering over the size of any other plant or building in Monsterland. She blinked, staring at its deep red colours and the hearts formed by the bricks that created the castle. It was like the house her grandfather used to make from his cards, only this wasn't formed by thin frames of traingles, this was a full fledged building with dangerous people living in its wake.

"That is the Queen of Hearts castle, sometimes we think of how we can destroy the place on our way out of here" Baekhyun explained and Lee shrugged, though it was a struggle to with the two keeping her clamped between them.

"Simple, have Chanyeol set it on fire" She deadpanned and Chen laughed, his grip on her hand tightening as he looked at her with a bright smile.

"Trust me, we've thought about that, but if they didn't know about our gifts we wouldn't be here. And they know about our gifts, hence our presence in Monsterland, we have to do something that will take the ers by surprise"

"Right, why didn't I think of that?" Lee huffed.

"Because you weren't thinking" Sehun snorted, casually walking ahead of the trio as Lee stared at him with widened, appalled eyes.

"Why the hell are you so calm?" She snapped but the lanky boy just ignored her distress, instead focusing on the table that was in his sights.

"My beautiful table, your king is back and will take his seat once again!" Xiumin exclaimed, rushing in his steps and using the seat closest to him to lift himself onto the table, strutting down the long seating area like he was indeed the king of the said area.

"Be careful Chanyeol!" Lee watched on in shock as the said male ran, tripping in his step and somehow sending a ball of fire towards the oldest. Xiumin calmly, albeit excitedly froze the ball of heat until there was nothing but cold air in front of him and turned to face everyone at the foot of the table. Lee gasped loudly as he free fell, his body going limp as he toppled backwards, landing in his chair with a crash that had the chair falling on its back with him seated in it.

"Xiumin!" Lee exclaimed, wiggling away from her constraints and rushed to where the mad man was grinning to himself.

"Oh, Lee, delightful day isn't it?" He asked, smiling at Lee so she could see his full set of white pearls and the female in question blinked in pure stuper.

"Say, could you check if the tea is ready?" He questioned with a tilt of his head and Lee shook her head, trying to rid the insanity from creeping its way into her own mind. Lee looked at the pot, lifting the lid and blinking as the steam escaped its previous confines, heating her face on its retreat.

"It seems that the tea is ready, are you going to sit up Xiumin?" Lee asked and when she looked down it was like Xiumin had never fallen, he was in his chair, tucked into the end of the table appropriately with his tea cup and a spoon ready.

"Fantastic" Xiumin beamed at her when their eyes met.

"The tea is ready!" He exclaimed as Lee, still dumbfounded, pulled her chair in and sat down silently. Xiumin yanked at the light weighted object as if it were somehow stuck to the table and the tea sloshed around inside the teapot, spilling out the spout before it even reach the cup. There was no room for silence on the table, cutlery cluttering together and words being snapped over the amount of sugar one must use as everything seemed to move around the table in an odd routine. Lee flinched as two cubes of sugar were thrown into her tea cup by the person sitting next to her, of course it had to be the obnoxiously loud Chen. The tea was poured and the noise was loud as steam drifted from the cups and into the air around them.

"Ah!" Chanyeol screamed and everyone turned to look at him instinctively with a snap of their neck.

"Hot it's hot!" Chanyeol exclaimed with his tongue hanging from his mouth as he attempted to use his hands a fan to cool his tongue. With no way to help the giant, or any motivation to find any way to help, everyone looked away and the noise returned with bangs and crashes, yells and shouts, giggles and cackles filling the air as Lee blew on the tea in her cup and took a tentative sip. She was pleasently surprised by the taste, she had never been someone who enjoyed tea, but she rather enjoyed this one.

"Lovely isn't it Lee?" Xiumin spoke after having watched her take a timid first taste and Lee looked at him with eyes that widened a small fraction upon realising someone had put their focus on her.

"Cinnamon tea was always my favourite, the sun is out today and the flowers seem to be coming back again, so what better day is there to bring out such a special tea?" He smiled and put his pearly whites on show as they looked at each other and Lee nodded.

"It is a nice flavoured tea Xiumin, I quiet like it" She responded and Xiumin presented her with a stretch in the size of his smile. Tea time seemed to be going well, like Xiumin had said, it was a delightful day and many of the people sitting at the table were more than thrilled to finally be having their tea at a table outside again. The sun was indeed out, but the trees that bent over each other in the way one would think up in a nightmare hid that sun and made the air around them as damp as the soil two feet beneath their feet. Lee noticed that the weather created by the forest never truly seemed to upset anyone though, tea time was always followed with a brightened atmosphere.

Baekhyun reached for his tea spoon as he his lips, Chen gave a point of his finger and Lee watched as a flicker of lightening shot towards the spoon just as Baekhyun touched it.

"Ow!" Baekhyun hissed, jumping as he retracted his hand from the spoon and brought his middle finger to his lips, his lips gripping onto the finger that received the most damage. Baekhyun tried again, reaching for his spoon and pulling back with a snap of his arm when Chen's lighting zapped him through the metal object. This happened four more times, Lee counted, with her brows furrowed and her head beginning to tilt as the scene continued to become longer and Chen struggled to hold in his giggles.

"Jongdae!" Baekhyun snapped and the man next to Lee blinked at him innocently over the cup he brought to his lips.

"What seems to be the matter Baekhyun?" Chen replied as Lee watched them, too busy being stunned to form any kind of expression now.

"Stop messing with me!" Baekhyun demanded in a shout and Chen looked at him, frowning curiously as he set the cup back down.

"I have no idea what you're talking about" Chen smiled as he brought his hand over to his tea spoon, picking it up and using it to add one more sugar to his tea.

"You're the only one here who can control lightening Chen!" Baekhyun pointed an accusing finger at Chen and the accused male nodded.

"You are not wrong there brother" He replied calmly as he stirred the sugar into his tea.

"So immature" Lee muttered to herself as she turned away from the argument.

"Immature! That is what someone trying to hide their true actions would say! It was you wasn't it Lee? We have two lightning wielders now, everybody! Lee has unlocked her gift and it seems she has been cursed to be on the same level as Chen!" Baekhyun cried, standing on his chair as his finger of accusation came to point at Lee.

"I beg your pardon?!" Lee exclaimed

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter