Falling Stars

Falling Stars

Falling Stars

 

By: ForeverDreamerGirl1

 

It happened so fast, none of them even noticed it besides P.O. Just a slip of his right foot, a missed turn, a note just slightly off. The crowd roared with adoration but when they walked off the stage, he was already shaking. 

    

    They didn’t see it in the dim light until they walked by manager hyung and he didn’t say a word-only glared seemingly into the soul of the small boy. He would have frozen in his spot with fear if Taeil hadn’t wrapped an arm around his waist and urged him forward.

    

    Behind the scenes, groups were mingling. SM and Big Hit, JYP and Woolim, this was the biggest award show of the year. People laughed and congratulated them on their performance but P.O could only put a forced smile on his face and nod, letting Taeil who hadn’t let him go do the talking because if he opened his mouth, he was scared the tears and sobs would start ripping him apart. 

    

    They all knew their maknae was going to loose it, so they only mingled briefly- only what they had to before retreating to their change room not noticing B.A.P’s Yongguk watching them from across the room. 

    

    As soon as the door closed Taeil had Jihoon on the couch. He seemed to simply be staring at the wall for a moment before all of them jumped at the sound of Zico’s voice as he slammed both fist against the door.

 

    “!!” 

 

And the sobs erupted. 

 

    “, …”

 

    If anyone had walked in at that moment, they would have commit them to a mental institution. Zico pulled at his hair as tears began to run slowly down his cheeks, Jihoon ripped at B-Bombs clothes as he took him onto his arms, Taeil had gotten up and was pacing back and forth. It was a disaster but no one knew how they could possibly handle it at the moment. 

    

    That is until they heard a slight knock on the door. and everyone froze. No one breathed waiting for manager-hyung to walk in. 

 

    Zico just turned around and walked into the closet, hands over his eyes, leaving the door slightly ajar behind him.

    

    The knocking sounded again and Taeil took Jihoon back from B-bomb as the visitor opened the door just a crack to peek in. It was Yongguk who stared at the odd scene of everyone looking lost as they stared at the door, in confusion. The littlest one with tears streaming down his pale cheeks

 

    “umm …. Is-is everything okay?”

 

No one said anything, not quite sure how to respond. The other slowly walked in closing the door behind him. They simply stared at each other for a moment before B-bomb sighed, taking initiative as Jihoon once more buried himself in his elders chest, the sobs quietly continuing.

    “You can’t be here.”

 

He said. 

 

    “I just noticed P.O didn’t really  look well…I just wanted to see if you guys were okay…”

 

    “Well, we’re fine, thanks but I’m serious you need to go!” 

    

He looked at them contemplating.

 

    “Obviously he’s not okay…where’s Zico?”

    

They then heard a fist slamming against the door and even Yongguknearly jumped out of his shoes.

 

    “Oh my god, you have to get out of here!” B-bomb was suddenly pushing him back towards the closet. His eyes terrified, his face desperate,

    

    “Please, please, please just stay in there! Do NOT make a sound, I am begging you. We’ll explain everything if you just stay!” 

    

    He shoved him back into the closet so hard he tripped and nearly screamed when he found Zico’s small form sitting against the back wall. It was too dark to tell but it sounded as if the other was sniffling. Then he heard the dressing room door open and felt Zico’s hands on his shoulders. As his eyes started to adjust, he saw the swollen eyed boy put a finger to his lips, eyes open wide in desperation. 

 

An “I’m begging you to be quite” gesture. 

    

    Yongguk nodded and watched through the small opening of the door. 

 

As soon as it closed behind the form of their manager it began.

    

    “What the was that!?” The man screeched. 

 

All the members simply looked down at their laps, not saying word once again. Jihoon buried himself deeper against Taeil’s neck. 

 

    Their manager growled, put shooting out from between his teeth as he stormed over to the two.

 

    “I said What the was that Jihoon?! Look at me when I’m ing talking to you!”

 

He grabbed the young boy by the hair so hard he was whipped out of Taeil’s arms and onto the floor with a tortured sob. 

    

“I didn’t mean to! I’m sorry the floor was wet and…”

 

“How does sorry ing do anything ? Where the is Zico? where’s Zico!”

 

     Behind him, he heard Zico struggle to hold in a sob. He was a wonderful leader but sometimes they failed to remember that he was also only the second youngest member of this group. Yongguk could see that now as he got up on shaking legs. He backed up to let him through and hide in the darkness. 

 

    “Ah Zico! Coming out of the closet are you?” The man sneered.

    

    “I-I’m sorry I allowed this.” He heard him say it as if rehearsed. “It was an accident. I will deal with P.O. It won’t happen again.”

    

    “Too late ! This is his third strike! Don’t think I don’t know you never actually do anything to any of them when it’s your job, now I get to punish him my way!” 

 

    “But sir- I don’t believe it is the third strike yet…” B-bomb tried to interject.

 

“Shut up B-! You know you try to lie to me I’ll only make this worst! Let’s go!” He grabbed the shaking boy by the hair as his eyes clenched shut in fear and he struggles to get up before the other could drag him. 

 

    “I’m gonna have some fun tonight!” The almost sand.

    

 “Ughh I’m gonna rip this little apart!” He grinned grabbing his crotch and ing into his own hand as Yongguk cringed for the poor boy.

    

    “Please…Please sir…” Zico begged, tears running down his cheeks, but he was already gone with the struggling maknae through the door of the adjoining room. The click of a lock sounding behind him.

 

    Minhyuk whipped the door of the closet open, his eyes were shining with unshed tears. 

 

“You-You should go…”

    

    He said, cringing at the sound of fabric ripping.

 

“Yeah before it gets any worst…” Kyung added as he got up to take hold of the sobbing Zico, who’s made himself a ball in the corner of the room.

 

 He pulled him up off the floor, leading him back towards the closet. Yongguk found it strange but didn’t question anything. 

 

“Wait!” He called.

 

    They turned to look at him…

 

“Wha-what? You-you’re just letting this happening? How-how is this happening-we-we have to do something, you can’t just let him do this…?

 

 

    He was at a complete loss for words.

Zico let go of Kyung, turning to look him in the eye.

 

    “What can we do?…if we do anything he’s only going to hurt us worst. And I can’t let them get hurt. I don’t want to get hurt..what-what am I supposed to do?” he said, voice escalating in desperation until he cut off with a load sob just as the room echoed with the sound of whipped flesh and a terrible terrified cry. 

 

In that moment, he saw all the weight on the boys shoulder, slowly drowning him, and knew more than anything that he had to do something to help them.

    

    The little boy’s tortured scream sounded from the next room and Kyung took the boys hand as Taeil punched the wall growling under his breath 

    

    The door opened quite suddenly then and they all turned to see Daehyun standing in the doorway. His eyes open wide in confusion as he walked in closing the door behind him

    

“What’s going on?” He asked, voice shaking as his eyes took in the sight before him.

 

    Yongguk walked forward just in time to grab Zico’s shoulder before they walked back off into the closet. 

 

    Zico’s eyes met his and the next words deep and warm vibrated through the young man’s heart as Yongguk held his eyes.

 

    “I will get you out of this.” He turned to look at each of their pained, tortured faces in turn. “All of you.”