You..

Must be love

She is her friend. Only a friend. Or so she thought.

 

Their friendship started the first day of college when she was the first person she got to talk to in class.

 

She remembers that welcoming smile. And the way she summoned her other friends so she can have more acquaintances and eventually friends.

 

They were very good friends and they grew accustomed to each other. They were not always the ones together as they have their own group of friends within the class but if one needs the other then she'll be there.

 

She have had a share of boyfriends. Two to be specific while the other never got into a relationship. Not that Taeyeon doesn't have suitors, she have guys asking her out way too often as well, but she doesn't find them necessary in her life anyway.

 

They were together in their on the job training as well. Simple girls in a simple office with some of their friends with them as well.

 

They were always together and so comfortable with each other that tight hugs, kisses on the cheeks and the i love yous are normal.

 

College had ended and so they were forced to face the real world. Jessica had to go out in Seoul to find job while Taeyeon stayed in Jeonju. Their distance, though hundred miles apart, did very little to make their friendship grew apart. In fact, being far from each other brought them closer.

 

Jessica got herself a job at a broadcast station which required her to stay up all night editing videos while she sleeps in the morning. Taeyeon got herself a normal job in the morning and still sleeps at night.

 

Through the differences, they found themselves still talking, sharing stories with each other. It will normally start with simple exchanges of text messages that will end up on sleepless nights of phone calls.

 

Jessica found herself being very protective of Taeyeon. When the latter drinks with her officemates some nights, she will call her and makes sure she goes home safe. Those are the rare times she's happy her work is at night. Atleast she could watch over her. She doesn't bother asking herself why she's doing that. Afterall, they are friends.

 

One saturday night they found theirselves talking over the phone again with a drunk Jessica and a fuming Taeyeon. She is but she rarely makes her know she's mad. She doesn't even know if she should be.

 

"I don't know what happened.. I just.. I guess I wanted to try it out."

 

"But.. why?" Confusion evident in her voice but no, she's not giving away her true emotions. She's not even sure what she's feeling right now.

 

"I don't know. I kissed her Taeyeon.. I kissed a girl.. I see no difference when I've kissed a guy.."

 

"Do you like her?" She choked a bit. But she swallowed it in.

 

"Tiffany? Hahaha. Don't be stupid Taengoo.. She's just a friend. I told her I just wanted to try it out and she agreed."

 

"Did you like it?"

 

"I told you, I found no difference.. I guess."

 

"Why her?" Why not me? What? I thought Sica's drunk and not me.

 

"I don't know. Hahaha. You know what? You haven't had your first kiss right? C'mon Taengoo.. You should get yourself one." You could try it on me. What? Gosh. Must be the alcohol.

 

"Haha."

 

"Are you mad at me?"

 

"Whatever for?"

 

"This? That I've kiss a girl.. and I could be, for what we know.. bi-ual, gay."

 

"To be honest, I did not expect this from you. So I don't know how to feel." Jessica clenched her jaw. She's a bit drunk but she could still find her heart ache a bit.

 

"You knew about Yuri when we were in college but you never were mad at her.."

 

"Yeah.. maybe because as I've said. I did not expect this from you.."

 

She remained silent. She doesn't have anything to say anyway. But she knows deep down her heart it's aching a bit and she doesn't know why. Well she knows but she doesn't want to accept the fact.

 

She knows the reason why she asked her workmate to kiss her. She needed to confirm if she really swings that way. She needs to know because unfortunately there's a certain someone who is making her confuse.

 

And it hurts to hear that she does not approve of her being.. not so straight.

 

She did not want to be bothered of her aching heart. She continued to be her friend and dangerously became more closer and closer to herg . She would sometimes scold herself because she would be so protective and needy of the other that she's afraid Taeyeon would know that she is growing a much more deeper affection inside her.

 

Summer came and their annual college reunion came. Sadly, only about 10 of them is able to join because some are really busy. But they were glad both of them are there to see each other and well, their other friends.

 

For the first time in months that they have been acting as lovers, well atleast that's what Jessica thought, they saw each other. She was happy and she can see she is as well.

 

She found herself being drawn to her smiles, laughs and the way she calls her name. She found her heart missing a beat when their fingers intertwine together while they drink and her head on her shoulder. She found it dangerously hard to fight her inner self that had that very strong urge to kiss her. She found her heart beating wildly when they shared the bathroom together to change. Her whole body and soul aches when the night came and they have to part ways again.

 

She placed a kiss on her forehead to say goodbye and the other felt it linger there as her eyes slowly filled with wetness that did not fall.

 

For the first time in years, they found each other inlove.. towards each other unknowingly.

 

Jessica is back in Seoul and Taeyeon's in Jeonju. Months have passed after they last saw each other and they are getting closer and closer to each other. It is hard to not fell for her more when she is being as sweet as a lover could be. That is why it is not impossible to find herself being jealous of a guy courting Taeyeon.

 

"Is he handsome?"

 

"He is. But.. I don't know."

 

"What do you mean you don't know Taeyeon? You should know if you like him."

 

"I think.. I do." Jessica's tears found their ways to her face but she doesn't make a sound. "But I don't know Sica."

 

"I think he likes you a lot."

 

"Don't be silly Sica. We both know he already have a child."

 

"He's a single dad, yes. But he is single by his own right. He should be.. okay." But ofcourse, you deserve someone better. You deserve.. me.

 

"No. I don't think I liked him in that way."

 

"Stupid. You just said you like him." Hopes started to fill her heart again.

 

"I think I do just because he is handsome. But he's not worth a relationship for."

 

"Haha. You're mean." Then she smiled. Oh, the things she do to her. "Why are you still up this late anyway? This is so not you."

 

"You just noticed this now? Silly." and her Taeyeon's laughter filled her ears. Oh wait, her? That's fancy.

 

"Well, yeah. So what are you up to?"

 

"Just.. thinking."

 

"About?"

 

"You." Bang. And then her heart burst. But she knows this is Taeyeon being playful.

 

"Hahaha. Oh please. You know what? Stop thinking about me. Start thinking about us." So she played along.

 

"Yeah. I will." She calmly replied.

 

"What?"

 

"I will.. start thinking about us Sica." She was out of words with what she said. And hell, is her overwhelming happiness obvious right now?

 

"Sica.." her heart was beating dangerously fast when she heard her say her name in a very serious tone.

 

"Hmmmm?"

 

"What if.."

 

"What's going on Taengoo?" Is this it? Let this be it.

 

 

"What if I told you.. I'm also falling inlove with you?"

 

 

She doesn't know how the hell Taeyeon knew but damn, she's not complaining. No. She will never complaint of that day when she's officially become hers.

 

*********************************************************

 

First time doing a one shot. :) Cause I love and miss Taengsic soooo much. 3