Ch #6

Monster.
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Chapter #6:

 

          The Cold War.

 

Baekhyun knew something happened when he saw Tao and Kris making their way back from Haejin’s room; looking extremely pissed. He would have asked about what happened, only if the King was not standing just in front of him. Letting out a small sigh, he turned towards the King and bid their goodbye. He didn’t ask them anything during their journey home, but silent Tao was getting on his nerves more than a noisy Tao does. He was sure that rest of the guys noticed the sudden change in the behavior too and was worried. Heck- anybody, would be worried when the chatterbox named, Tao would suddenly go silent.

For a second, the thought that Haejin might have said something to them crossed his mind, but he dismissed it.

Whatever happened was between them two – she won’t actually lash out on his brothers for that. Maybe, Tao and Kris were pissed on him for making Haejin cry. He doesn’t understand why his brothers are so fond of Haejin.

Shaking his head, Baekhyun made his way towards Luhan’s room. He needed to get the file; that Luhan was supposed to collect from their father. He just hopes that the Deer boy didn’t forget it. Or else brother or not; Baekhyun would make sure to punish him properly. He was just about to knock on the door but stopped when he heard Kris and Luhan talking. Normally, he wouldn’t care and burst in the room, but this time, his feet froze on the ground.

 

“I think Baekhyun is right.” He heard Kris stating in a hard voice.

“Kris, you were the one who said Haejin was different.” Luhan worried voice was heard after that.

So, something did happen.

“Maybe, I was wrong. I don’t know, anymore.”

“What happened? Tao, he has been sulky the whole day.”

“Luhan, she is just like all those people! She judges us – she judges Hyung without any reason; for something we never did.”

“Would you stop beating about the bush?” He heard Luhan snapping in irritation. Baekhyun was getting impatient too; he wanted to know what happened.

What suddenly changed his opinion about her?

“She thinks of us as a monster, too. S-She called Baek a monster.”

 

Baekhyun didn’t stop to hear more. All thoughts of work and files were thrown out the window, as soon as he heard that. His jaw was locked tightly, as his hands formed a fist. Hot, boiling anger coursed through his whole body; as he made his way through the empty hallway.

Who does she think, she is? It was okay as long as her all insults were directed at him, but pointing a finger at his brother was a low move. Bloody hell man. Maybe, he was a little bit too nice to her. He wanted to give her a chance – the chance that everybody wanted him to give her, but she just blew it away. She wants a monster; he will give the damned monster to her.

“Prince Baekhyun.” The servant acknowledged and bowed in respect, as soon as he saw the said Prince. Baekhyun turned his eyes filled with rage towards the poor guy; who was now sweating profusely under his heated gaze.

“Open it.” The Prince demanded curtly and snorted when the servant nodded his head panicked, and started to open the lock to the door.

“A-Anything else?” The servant asked cautiously, as Baekhyun entered the room.

“Bring me a bottle of water when I’m done.”

“Y-Yes.” The servant bowed and closed the door behind him, leaving Baekhyun alone in the room with his jumbled thoughts. He looked around the room while running his fingers through his hairs. Roughly tugging at his own raven locks, Baekhyun tore off his lip and ear piercing; without any sound of a pain at the rash act. He was pissed, and nothing was going to calm him down. A little exercise would help him control his anger better. He took his coat off and threw it on the floor, his shirt being next; leaving him completely shirtless.

Taking hold of the punching bag in the middle of the room, Baekhyun punched it with as much force as he could muster.

“!” He cursed, as the bare skin of his hands turned red due to the rough contact. Ignoring the burn and the pain completely, he started punching the bag relentlessly. It felt good. Taking his anger out before it totally consumed him was important. A person can’t think straight when he is angry, and Baekhyun didn’t want a moment of weakness to ruin his plans. Controlling his anger was difficult for him; it was one of the side effects of the drugs he was given by the experimenter. That is why; he tries to stay calm most of the time. It wasn’t to the point of abnormality, where he needed any psychological treatment, but it was there.

Those ing people are still not satisfied.

Again, another wave of anger crashed on him, and he started punching the bag with even more vigor. The beads of sweat popped out on his forehead, wetting his messy bangs. Some of them traveled down his face towards his neck, from where they made their trail down his torso; finally getting absorbed in the waistband of his pants. The enraged male panted heavily, as he continued punching. He was tired and he can feel the fatigue coming down on him; especially now when the moment of anger had passed. Baekhyun hissed slightly in pain when he stretched his knuckles and looked down to find them bleeding.

Lee Haejin, you are going to regret meeting me.

Heaving out a tired sigh, Baekhyun lifted his shirt off the floor. His head snapped towards the room door when Suho stepped inside with a water bottle.

“Hey,” Baekhyun greeted casually, as he started wearing his shirt, again.

“I thought, I told the servant to bring the water.” He continued and bent down to pick up his piercings and coat; once he was done wearing his shirt.

“Your hands are bleeding,” Suho stated instead and immediately made his way towards the bleeding male.

“I’m okay,” Baekhyun grumbled half-heartedly and tried to snatch his hand away from Suho when he took a hold of it.

“You are not okay. You are anything, but okay.”  Suho stated with a stern gaze and tightened his grip on the bruised hands.

“I need a shower.” Baekhyun scowled and finally managed to free his hands from Suho’s grip.

“Baek, tell me what happened…”

“Nothing happened.” Baekhyun snapped and bolted out of the room.

That’s the problem, but now he will make sure everything happens; just the way he wants it.

 

 

 

“Woah~ what happened to you?” Haejin turned towards her childhood best friend – Irene – when she heard the question. She gave her best friend a small smile, before shaking her head.

“That’s not the face of the bride-to-be. Especially, when your husband is the one and only; Prince Baekhyun.” Irene joked, knowing really well; how much it annoyed her friend.

“Can you not?” Haejin grumbled irritated making her friend scowl. Irene quickly closed the room door, before settling down on her bed.

“Just stating the truth. What got your in a twist?”

“I think I have to apologize.”

“To who?” Irene raised a questioning brow at her best friend. What was up with her today?

“Tao-ssi and Kris-ssi,” Haejin answered with a dejected sigh.

“You made your brother in laws upset, already?”

“How do you know them?”

“Who doesn’t know them? Oh- you! Princess Haejin; who lived under a rock her whole life.” Haejin kicked her best friend, as soon as she heard that; while grumbling under her breath.

“Shut up!”

“Okay. Tell me, what did you do?” Irene asked with genuine concern when she was done having her fun.

“I don’t know.”

“Haejin, how can you not know that?”

How can she not? She doesn’t even know that.

“I don’t want to talk about it.” The Princess turned towards her best friend with desperate eyes, which caused the latter to soften up. 

 “You know, it would be a lot easier if you accept this marriage.”

“Yeah, and marry that Jerk. No thanks.”

“Why are you so stubborn?” Irene asked in mock irritation and pushed her best friend away.

“I am not stubborn. I just don’t want to marry him.”

“Why?”

“Are you seriously asking me that? Why? Irene, he is the last guy I would ever want to marry…he is so infuriating.”

“Still, you are getting married to him.”

“Not by choice.” Haejin snapped and got up from her bed.

“Haejin-ah, accept this wedding. It’s for your own good.” Irene placed a comforting hand on her shoulder and advised.

“Why?” The latter whispered as a tear slipped past her droopy eyes.

“Honey, I wish I can help you; but I can’t.”

“I know…thanks for coming. I needed someone to talk.”

“Call me anytime.”

 

 

 

“My son looks so handsome.” The Queen squealed when Baekhyun descended down the staircase.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter