Epilogue (1/2)

Monster.
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

EPILOGUE (1/2)

 

“After all the help that I did- I at least hoped to get some words of appreciation, you know?” Baekhyun who was pulling out the ice cream tub from the fridge let out a shocked yelp when he heard the sudden claim before abruptly turning around in his place to face the person who has spoken out so randomly. We can’t really blame him for being a little startled considering that it was about three in the morning and no living soul was awake at the moment except for, of course, him and his wife. Haejin has woken up in the middle of the night craving ice cream for the nth night that month and have like usual decided to disturb his peaceful sleep to send him off to get the frozen, sweet treat from the freezer.

“What help are you talking about?” He decided to finally respond after he was over his initial shock and casually raised a brow at the male standing in front of him.

“Excuse me!” The person – Heechul – scoffed before jumping off the kitchen counter he was comfortably seated on.

“This Kingdom is thriving because of me. Plus, how do you think your wife suddenly developed those powers?”

Wait-

He gave Haejin powers!

“You gave Haejin powers?” Baekhyun inquired with an expression of disbelief etched over his face and walked a little closer to his late-night companion. The young King didn’t know that it was possible for someone to gain powers when they didn’t possess them since birth.

She hasn’t shown any signs of powers after that.

“I didn’t give her the powers…it was your unborn child whom I gave my powers to.”

“Why?” He was actually really curious. From what Heechul has told him he was sure that the safety of his wife and child didn’t concern the deity at all; it was him who was needed alive so why did he help him.

“I was feeling generous and if you really want a reason then your child is going to be the next bearer of my powers after you,” Heechul replied with the shrug of his shoulders before casually mentioning towards the tub of ice cream in Baekhyun’s hand.

“Care to share some with me?”

“No.” The eldest deadpanned before moving the ice cream tub out of his sight.

“This is for my pregnant wife. You can take anything else from the fridge.” He continued when he saw the offended expression on the deity’s face.

“But I want that ice cream.”

“I’m not going out to mart just to buy a tub of ice cream! Take something else.” He was sleepy and he was exhausted. Heechul’s annoying presence wasn’t exactly welcomed at that moment.

“Geez! Soon to be parents are so cranky.”

“Where did you disappear to anyways? It’s been two months…” Baekhyun completely ignored the offending remark and casually supported his back against the counter with a tired and sleepy yawn. He was really looking forward to continuing his sleep that has been cruelly disturbed by his wife. He was a King, he could have asked any of the maids to do the task for him, but the last time when he did that- things didn’t end well. His wife has been extremely sensitive and emotional ever since the beginning of her pregnancy. She has refused to talk to him after he had asked the castle maid to bring some juice for her rather than going for it himself; claiming that he didn’t care about her enough. The eldest still remembered the annoying grins that were directed towards him by his brothers and the struggle that he had to go through to make Haejin talk to him again. He absolutely loathed those mischievous grins and did not wish to go through that struggle again; thus he was in the Kitchen instead of sleeping his exhaustion away.

“I didn’t think anyone would miss me, but it looks like you did,” Heechul replied with a teasing quirk of his brow which was once again ignored by Baekhyun.

“I was not missing you,”

“That’s exactly why I didn’t come.”

“Well- I’m not going to miss you if that’s what you want,” Baekhyun replied with the roll of his eyes and pushed his body off the counter.

“You can still come by whenever you want. I’m sure my brothers would like your company.”

“Are you sure? You might regret it.” The cheeky grin on the deity’s face already gave the eldest a dreadful feeling though he still ended up shrugging his shoulders instead of taking his offer back.

……………

“What took you so long?” Haejin fired the inquiry at her husband as soon as she saw him stepping inside their room with her ice cream in his hands. She was sitting on the bed with her back against the headboard and her legs spreading out vertically. There was an excited grin dancing along her lips as she eagerly eyed th

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter