Ch #30

Monster.
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

CHAPTER #30:

 

         A Difficult Choice.
 

“You guys are home?” It was the first question that Baekhyun asked as soon as he stepped inside the lounge and sighted his two youngest brothers lazing around.

“Hyung!” Jongin exclaimed in surprise instead of answering his question and immediately sat up straight in his place along with Sehun; who was looking at the eldest with an extremely confused expression on his face. No one can blame him for that- why was Baekhyun home so soon?

“We came back a while ago, but what are you doing here?” The youngest didn’t care that his question might be considered as rude. He just wanted to know that everything was alright because most of the times when Baekhyun did things out of the ordinary it always end up as bad; it only meant that something was wrong. He sincerely hoped that it was not the case this time around though. His eldest brother didn’t seem slightest bit offended by his question as he distractedly roamed his eyes around the lounge; probably looking for someone.

“Haejin noona is in your room.” Jongin provided in a casual manner when he registered the fact that his brother might be searching for his wife.

“In our room?” Baekhyun asked and furrowed his eyebrows when both his brothers nodded their heads.

“Why? She is usually goofing around with you guys at this time of the day.”

“She was feeling a little bit under the weather so we suggested her to take some rest.” Jongin explained with a small frown before looking at him with a slight tilt to his head.

“Why are you looking for her?”

“Nothing. I was just asking.” The young King once again replied in a rather distracted manner before immediately making his way towards his room. He can deal with his brothers later for now he needs to know whether that man was telling the truth or not.

……………

Where is she?

Baekhyun frantically looked around the room to locate his wife’s figure and quickly walked towards the washroom door to check whether she was in there or not. After calling out Haejin’s name and knocking on the door for a whole minute he hesitantly pulled open the door; only to be greeted by the empty tiled walls.

She is not in there too.

Sehun and Jongin said that she was in here.

Convincing himself that there was no need to be panicked, he once again worked his way towards the lounge which was now occupied by Jongin only. If the eldest didn’t have more pressing matters at hand he would have probably questioned Sehun’s whereabouts, but sadly he was in a little bit dilemma at the moment.

“She is not in the room. Are you sure she went there to rest?” The question flew out of his mouth even before he stepped inside the vicinity.

“Yeah, Sehun even went there to give her the medicine.” The tanned male explained and lifted his head up to gaze behind Baekhyun’s shoulder.

“You can ask him yourself.” His brother continued with a slight shrug of his shoulders and focused his attention back on the show that he was watching.

“She was going to sleep when I stepped out of your room after giving her the medicine.” It seemed like the youngest has managed to hear their conversation since his reply was straight to the point.

“But she is not in the room now.” Baekhyun informed in a clipped tone trying to swallow down the dread that was slowly creeping into his system.

“Did you check the washroom?” Sehun asked his eldest brother with a frown decorating his lips. He was starting to get a little bit worried too now.

“Yeah the-”

“My King!” The young King along with his brothers abruptly turned towards the lounge door to see a frantic guard standing there while heaving.

“Someone was reported to have sneaked inside the castle premises. Two of our guards have been killed.” All color drained from Baekhyun’s face as soon as he heard that. Not only was his wife in danger, but his possibly unborn child too.

This can’t be happening…

 

 

“Someone adducted her in the open daylight and you’re trying to tell me that you were doing your jobs properly!”

“M-My King, all the guards were in their positions.” The terrified man replied in a shaky manner and averted his eyes away from the murderous ones that were suddenly fixed on his face.
“Don’t give me that bull! How can-”

“Baekhyun!” It was Xiumin who finally stepped in to stop his eldest brother from murdering the guards standing in front of them; thankfully his brother was more compliant than the last time they lost Haejin and turned away to face the wall with a conceding scoff. Getting angry with the castle security won’t bear them any fruit and would only add to the lists of troubles that they already have to take care of. He gave the poor man a slight nod which the latter returned gladly before hurriedly stalking out of the lounge with his men. They have failed to catch the person who has sneaked inside the castle. Not only that, but it seemed like that person has taken something- someone valuable with him.

“You can’t blame the castle security for everything, Baek.” The second eldest once again was the only one brave enough to knock some sense into his brother who once again only scoffed at his scolding.

“What else am I supposed to do? It’s been four hours!” The eldest yelled out in frustration and swallowed heavily before uttering his next words.

“Last time, we at least had some kind of lead, but this time we have nothing…” They didn’t need any kind of lead to know who has taken Haejin- Baekhyun knew that, but still there was no way he could tell that where they have taken her this time. Plus, the thought that he didn’t have much time scared her. Last time, Haejin has sneaked inside herself and they didn’t know about her presence there. That was the only reason why she had survived for so long while being in that place, but this time they have taken her and the eldest was smart enough to know that it was for a reason. He was terrified that his wife won’t be alive for long if he wasted any more time. He has spent the past four hours searching in every place he could, but there was not even a single clue. Minjoon was still out there with his security team looking for his wife, but Baekhyun knew that it was hopeless. They were not ever going to know about Haejin’s whereabouts not as long as the people of foundation want them to and that thought alone took away the little sanity that he was desperately trying to hold on to at that moment. He was not like this at all. He was usually very calm and collected, yet there he was on the brink of his sanity as he tried not to let the fear cloud his better judgment.

“Hyung, we will find her just like we did last time.” The encouragement was given to him in a small voice by Tao; who was looking like a lost child at that moment. Baekhyun vaguely wondered what he was looking like at that moment. He must be the proper definition of ‘going insane’.

This is not like last time though.

Haejin wasn’t pregnant last time…

Heck! I don’t even know if that’s true or not.

Deciding not to deem his brother with a response the eldest released a suffering sigh before unceremoniously dumping his body down on the couch. He needs to figure out a way to find Haejin and bring her back safely and he needs to do that fast. There was no time to waste and he really didn’t want to waste it, but he didn’t even know where to start from.

“My King,” The exhausted male lifted his head up to stare at the royal guard who was once again standing at the foot of the lounge with a white envelope in his hands.

“Someone left this for you…” It was there; the ransom that they were going to demand from him if he wants his wife safe and alive. To say that Baekhyun already didn’t have the idea about what they wanted would be a lie.

…………

The USB that his wife has stolen from the lab, all the other proof that they had against the foundation which Baekhyun was going to present in the board meeting of the Kingdom and any other possible copies that they may have created; these were the things that were demanded from him as a ransom. It was the price that he has to pay if he wanted his wife alive.

Those ers.

The letter that he has received clearly stated that he was supposed to send a man of his to a certain location as a sign that he agrees with their offer. He was required to send all the stuff that they have demanded from him by tomorrow noon with that man and they won’t touch a hair on Haejin’s head. The letter promised that she would be back at the castle safely by the time the board meeting is over, but Baekhyun knew that he can’t believe them.

What am I supposed to do?

The young King really didn’t have any idea about what he was supposed to do. If he agrees with their demand and gave away the stuff than all his hard work for years would be wasted; the initial reason why he married Haejin would be gone. He would have no proof to give in that board meeting. The foundation won’t be touched and they would continue doing their work. There won’t be another chance to stop them. The kids of his Kingdom and possibly others would be subjected to the torture that he has gone through. How can he let that happen? Especially, after he has promised himself to stop them. It was either he has to give up his wife or give up on the very reason which he has used to pick himself up after coming back from that lab. The choice was clear. He won’t give up on Haejin for life; as a husband and as a lover he would never do that, but that’s where his duties as a King kicked in. He would be able to save his wife, but what about all those innocent kids who might be kidnapped for their sick reasons in the future.

It’s all so messed up.

The conflicted man thought to himself while throwing his head back in frustration and brought his hand up to push away the loose strands of hairs that were falling in his eyes. If this situation had occurred to him after a small period of their marriage than Baekhyun would have had no problem making a decision; he would have never given away all his hard work and would have taken risk with his wife’s life, but not now. He knew that he could think of another way to bring Haejin back, but the amount of risk that came with it scared him to the bones. He can’t afford to risk Haejin’s life; the fact whether she was pregnant or not was another whole story. He was allowed to be selfish just this once.

“It’s a hard decision to make, no?” Baekhyun immediately shot up in his place as soon as he heard the slightly familiar voice and snapped his head towards the window of his room where a figure was casually leaning against the metallic sill. It was the deity- again.

“I’m not in the mood of playing your games.” The eldest grumbled under his breath and once again shifted his attention towards the ominous letter that was delivered for him.

“I warned you.” It was all that the other man claimed before turning his attention towards him. Something seemed to snap inside Baekhyun, as soon as he heard Heechul muttering that. He knew that he has been warned. Heck! He even knew that it was dangerous for Haejin all along and he tried his best to protect her. It has been weeks- weeks since he has spent a day without heavily worrying about things and it was getting exhausting. He admits that it was his fault. For the past two weeks he has been extremely busy; things were finally coming to an end and he wanted to make sure that everything was perfect. He admits that amidst all his work he has disregarded the possibility that the foundation might make their final move; he has completely disregarded the fact that it was weird that they have done nothing to get back the drive his wife has stolen, but he was a human too and he was already tired. He didn’t need anyone else to step up and claim that they warned him.

“Well you were not fast enough!” He snarled back and threw the letter in his hand on the table before getting up.

“I came back here as soon as you went away.”

“Hmm…you might not want to talk to me like that considering that I’m in a generous mood and was thinking about helping you.” Heechul’s tone was sweet and nonchalant, but the rough edge to his intonation was obvious. He was clearly not happy with the way Baekhyun was talking to him and in normal circumstances the King wouldn’t have cared about it, but even the possibility that the deity can help him get out of this mess deflated him; he has never felt so helpless before.

“How?” Heechul raked his eyes over his face when he heard the vulnerability in his voice and pressed his lips in a thin line. He couldn’t help, but feel bad for Baekhyun.

“I’m not supposed to disturb the order of this world with my capabilities. I have some limitations, but then again I never cared about all those limitation so I might as well help you too.” The deity started with a sneaky chuckle which did not amuse Baekhyun at all, but the latter bit down on his tongue to stop himself from saying something insulting.

Get to the point.

“A mother can be a really strong person if you

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter