Ch #14

Monster.
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Chapter# 14:

 

               The Coronation.

 

(A/N: The part written in gray is the flashback that Baekhyun is having).

 

The coronation ceremony was one day away. All the Princes along with their parents and Haejin were going to stay at a famous hotel that was located near the borders of Moonlight and Exo Kingdom. The current Kings have decided to choose an outdoor venue; spreading halfway through the Exo and halfway through the Moonlight, so the people of the both Kingdoms can effortlessly enjoy the crowning of their heirs. After the ceremony, they would travel to the main castle of the Moonlight and would stay there for three days. Haejin wasn’t sure about her feeling about the whole deal; she was scared, anxious but excited at the same time. At one side the thought of having the responsibility of two big Kingdoms on her shoulders was a frightening thought, there would be a lot of expectations that people will associate with Baekhyun and her; she wasn’t even ready to think of them so acing them would be a tough challenge. At the other hand, she would be able to actually do something for her Kingdom; she won’t be powerless. The young bride wasn’t even scared regarding her own Kingdom; it was a known fact since her birth that she was going to be the crown Princess. What scared her was the thought of not being accepted by the people of Exo. The Moonlight Kingdom has wholeheartedly accepted Baekhyun’s position as their King, but would the people of Exo do the same? After all, there was no one better than Baekhyun who could have taken in charge of Moonlight. Haejin was afraid that she can’t say the same for herself.

She was presently packing her luggage for the three-day trip for which they are going to leave in few minutes while her husband lounged on the bed leisurely with his phone in his hand making sure that everything was going on fine. Did you notice her sarcasm? No? Now please do.

“Can you hand over those shoes to me?” Haejin asked almost out of instinct and turned around to stare at Baekhyun questioningly. Her husband was sitting at the far left edge of the bed barely few centimeters away from her shoes.

“I have a name.” The crown Prince answered uninterestedly, the fact that he didn’t even lift his eyes to look at her was the proof.

“I don’t like your name.”

“Sad thing, I am not going to change it because of that.” Her husband finally lifted his gaze up to stare at her for a moment before going back to his phone.

“Just hand over those shoes to me,” Haejin muttered with a glare and folded her arms over her chest.

“I have too much pride to do that,” Baekhyun answered off-handedly and dismissed Haejin with a wave of his hand.

“Aren’t you a little too prideful?”

“My pride made me the person I am today.” Her husband muttered nonchalantly and lay down on his back – lifting the phone in the air above his face. He still didn’t lift his eyes off the electronic device which irritated her.

Fall…Fall! Fall and dent that cocky face of his.

“I really like the way you think.” Haejin looked at her husband surprised for a moment when she heard that and lowly growled under her breath as realization dawned upon her.

Of course! I said it out aloud- again.

“Whatever. Just forget it! Forget that I even asked you to do something by mistake.” She seethed with a scowl and moved her angry glare away from her husband’s figure.

“Already did.” Haejin flailed her arms in the air incredulously and stomped her way towards her shoes. She again threw an angry glare in Baekhyun’s direction – who was smirking at her – and made her way back to the bag. As soon as Haejin was done zipping it, the door to the room barged open and in stepped her brother-in-laws with teasing smiles on their faces.

Both, Baekhyun and Haejin who were busy observing the occupants of the room- snapped their head towards the door when there was a soft knock. Suho was standing there at the foot of the room waiting for them to permit him an entrance.

No way in hell was he going to -block Baekhyun twice.

There was a mischievous glint in their eyes and Haejin knew what those glances meant. Those little piece of s were not going to let her live the *cough* accidental moment *cough* she had with Baekhyun. Haejin doesn't even want to know what they all were thinking, but she had some idea if Sehun’s comment in the morning gave any help. This morning she was sincerely minding her own business and was supervising the maids while they were cleaning the castle when Sehun came to her with an extraordinarily innocent smile. Now, Haejin knew never to be deceived by that smile, but the angelic smile on the youngest face convinced her otherwise. The maknae had innocently given her a brotherly hug and happily demanded that he wanted her to give birth to a baby boy. He also demanded the privilege of naming the baby. What name did he suggest? Willis…

What kind of ed up name was that?

After that, Haejin had successfully avoided each one of them; especially Baekhyun. She has been avoiding her husband ever since those sinful moments took place, even though she knew that she can’t avoid it forever. The last night events were still fresh in her mind, it was as if they just happened a few minutes ago. Heck! Haejin can still feel Baekhyun’s hot breath lingering over her lips. She shook her head trying to dissipate the dirty thoughts that were clouding her mind and gazed towards her husband, who was smirking at Suho, then she gazed towards Suho, who was looking at Baekhyun and her, finally her gazed landed on her other brother-in-laws; unsurprisingly they were staring at the three of them.

What the is going on inside this room?

“What are you guys doing over here?” Baekhyun’s question snapped her out of her confused thoughts.

“Nothing. We were just paying you guys a visit. Why, were you busy?” Luhan asked while wiggling his brows which made Haejin blush with embarrassment.

“I tried to stop them, but they didn’t listen,” Kyungsoo claimed with a sigh and shook his head in dejection.

“So, you decided to tag along?” Haejin asked with a raised brow while trying to hold back the urge to roll his eyes.

“Why miss out on the fun?” Kyungsoo replied with a shrug and gave her an innocent smile. Before, Haejin or Baekhyun can answer to that there was again a knock on the door. Haejin gazed at her husband as he stood up from the bed and allowed the maids to enter the room. They picked up the packed luggage and started making their way out, probably to place them inside the car they were going to use. As soon as, the maids exited her gaze fell upon the small luggage bag that they have accidently left behind that was yet again a few meters away from Baekhyun.

“Oh! They left that bag behind.” Baekhyun – who was again lazing around on the bed – gazed towards the bag his wife was pointing at and attempted to stand up when he saw her walking towards it.

“I will carry it downstairs. It looks heavy.”

“Leave it!” Baekhyun stopped in his tracks shocked when he heard that and looked at his wife dumbfounded.

Is she really showing me her hand?

“Excuse me?”

“I don’t want to become a widow so soon.” Haejin continued with a shrug of her shoulder and bent down to pick the bag up.

“What?” Baekhyun asked with confusion plastered on his face and finally stood up. He wasn’t sure whether his wife was on drugs or not.

Why the hell would she become a widow? Is she indirectly telling me to die?

“My Prince, what I am trying to say is- you have so much pride to carry on those shoulders. It must be really hard to carry such a heavy thing alone,” Haejin started with an innocent smile and lifted the bag off the floor before facing him.
“I am afraid you might die under the weight of my bag if you carry it too.” The eldest watched his wife in befuddled state, as she finished her explanation with a smirk and made her way out of the room with an air of arrogance around her.

“Wow~” Kai exclaimed in utter awe and gazed at his brothers; who were trying their best to hide the applaud expression on their faces. His eyes followed Chen’s movements as he got up from his place on the couch and made his way towards the eldest Prince.

“Hyung!” Chen exclaimed and patted Baekhyun’s back with an empathetic look on his face.
“Please, apply cold water to the burnt area…” He continued with an evil

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter