Ch #12

Monster.
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Chapter #12:

 

        The Apology.

 

Next morning, when Haejin woke up Baekhyun was still sleeping. She wouldn’t say his sleep was peaceful because her husband was covered in a sheen of sweat and was whimpering in pain from time to time. She tried to ignore it and go about her task, but couldn’t stop herself in the end when she was done getting ready. Hesitantly, making her way towards him she arranged his blanket and reached out to feel his forehead.

He is burning…

Nervously, biting her lower lip she turned off the air conditioner and made her way out of the room. She was walking down the hallway, completely engrossed in her thoughts and didn’t notice Lay; who was calling for her attention. A startled yelp escaped her lips when he placed his hand on her shoulder from behind.

“Are you alright?” He asked with a worried frown and then searched for someone behind her.

“Is Hyung still sleeping?”

“Yeah, I am alright and your brother is still sleeping, but-” She replied and stopped to think of the right words to use.

“But?”

“He looked like he could use some medical attention.”

“Really?” Lay asked again, with a frown and worried his lower lip. “Don’t worry. I will go and see him.”

“You might need a doctor. He has a high fever.” Haejin stopped him immediately and blushed when the other gave her a soft smile.

“Thanks for taking care of him.” There was a fond look in his eyes, as he thanked her with all the sincerity.

“I-I didn’t-”

“I will see you at the breakfast table.” Lay cut her off and sprinted towards Baekhyun’s- their room.

……….

 

“He is awake,” Lay announced, as soon as he came to the breakfast table. His brother, this time, was more injured than usual that is why his body needs a little bit more time to become stable again. The high fever was due to the excessive blood loss. He hopes that the medicines he gave to his brother would work. Baekhyun hadn’t put much of a fight when he wanted to dress his wounds; which meant that the eldest was back to being his calm, rational and collective self. He turned his head towards Xiumin when the second eldest got up from his seat and sighed. He knew that everyone was worried and wanted to know what happened but now was not the time.

“Hyung let it be.” He stated monotonously, knowing that it would be enough for his elder brother to understand what he meant.

“How is he?” Xiumin sighed in resignation and settled back down on his place.

“He needs some rest. Don’t worry, he is alright.” Lay sated everyone’s worry and watched in amusement, as everyone around him relaxed visibly. They continued their breakfast with small talks here and there but went silent when Baekhyun trudged into the room wearing his office attire.

“Where are you going?” Kris asked with a disapproving scowl.

“Office- where you guys should be,” Baekhyun answered back nonchalantly and settled himself on the head chair. He snapped his head towards Haejin, a few moments later when he felt her staring at him and raised a questioning brow when he caught her in the act. The girl just shook her head and looked away with a small blush, embarrassed that she was caught staring. She had this strong urge to apologize about everything that happened last night, but didn’t have the guts to do that.

“We won’t go down the drain if you don’t go to the office for one freaking day.” This time, it was Suho who encountered sarcastically.

Exactly. He is a stupid workaholic!

“Why won’t I go to the office?” The eldest looked at his brothers as if they had grown an extra pair of the head.

Because you are a ing walking dead, duh!

Wait—

Why did it sound so wrong?

“Excuse me?” Haejin snapped her head towards Baekhyun, who was downright staring at her along with all his brothers.

Did I say that out loud again?

God, damn its mouth! Please, ask for permission first.

“I-I mean-”

“Haejin is right; you basically bled yourself to death yesterday.” Luhan supported his sister-in-law with a roll of his eyes and munched down on his toast. Haejin cleared awkwardly and nodded her head in agreement while wishing for the ground to swallow her up alive. A relieved sigh left her lips when all the gazes moved away from her figure.

Luhan, you are such a sweetheart…

“I am fine. Still, stronger than you.” Baekhyun replied with a smug smirk and snickered when Luhan threw his half eaten toast at him.

“Why don’t you work from home, today? We could get you all the stuff you need.” Kyungsoo proposed being the smarty-pants brother he was. Baekhyun sighed and placed the half eaten toast Luhan threw his way into Tao’s plate, who looked at him in disgust and threw the toast back at the owner.

“I need to settle some stuff.” He replied curtly and started filling his plate with the food.

“Let me guess, the stuff you took care of yesterday.” Chen guessed while looking at the eldest intently.

“Maybe.” He answered and shrugged his shoulder. There was nothing to hide. It looked like his brothers knew more than he expected them to find out. The rest of the breakfast passed by in silence, but ruckus ensued again when Baekhyun got up from his seat and wore his coat.

“See you.”

“We are not letting you go,” Sehun stated stubbornly, before immediately getting off his seat and running towards the main door of the launch. There was a frown decorating his features, as he glared down at the eldest.

“I won’t let you pass.” He mumbled childishly and spread his arms.

“Sehun-ah, don’t be childish.” Baekhyun chided with a sigh and scowled when Chanyeol joined the youngest too. It was a really endearing sight to see, but the eldest actually had some important business to attend.

“Sehun is right. We are not letting you pass.” The giant continued making Baekhyun groan. The eldest watched incredulously, as one by one, all his brothers stood at the door; with the very intent of not letting him pass.

“You guys are being crazy.” He stated with a chuckle and shook his head. He knew that his brothers really love him; they look up to him and no matter how much they annoy him, they are still the one who care for his comfort the most.

These idiots are so cute sometimes…

“We are not crazy! Noona, tell him that he can’t leave today.” Kai retorted and turned towards Haejin with a demanding gaze. The girl flushed under the attention when all the eyes turned towards her, again. She looked at her brother-in-law shocked and unconsciously trailed her eyes towards Baekhyun; who was looking at her with interest. She was not sure, what she was supposed to do. Especially, after the fight they had last night. Her husband didn’t look like he was severely injured just a few hours ago. He was wearing a royal blue coat over a white button up, along with the slacks of the same color. He was wearing his ear piercings only that day, his lips looking bare and soft. There were not many occasions where she sees him without piercings, so it was a sight to hold. Baekhyun looked fine; it almost looked like he hadn’t come home last night drenched in blood- but they all knew better.

“Y-You can’t leave?” Even to her own ears, her statement was filled with so much doubt that it turned into a question. She was glad when Baekhyun just snorted at her and made his way towards the door.

“Enough fun, kids. Time for work,” He stated and tried to pass by his brothers, but Xiumin pulled him back along with Chen. The eldest gave his brothers are-you-serious look and scowled in disapproval.

“Nope,” Suho claimed firmly and crossed his arms over his chest. Baekhyun stepped back while sighing in exasperation and pinned his brother down with his glare. He really didn’t have time for this. An irritated look graced his features when Tao forcefully dragged his wife to the group too, so she could join the let’s-annoy-Baekhyun-squad. He looked around the room annoyed and narrowed his eyes at Vivi; who was giving him a mocking smile.

Look at that evil smirk…this dog is EVIL!

“Damn you, Vivi!” He cursed the innocent dog and turned towards Sehun when the youngest immediately sprinted towards him enraged.

“Excuse me! Did you just curse my dog out of the blue?” He asked incredulously and picked his dog up.

“Yes, I did.”

“Why?” Baekhyun flinched when the youngest volume raised an octave and gave him an irritated look.

“Because that dog is evil.”

“Vivi is not evil,” Sehun claimed with a frown and pulled his dog to his chest.

“He is. He was mocking me.”

“He is not evil!”

“He is.”

“He is not.”

“He is.”

“He is not.”

“He—”

“Enough!” Xiumin annoyed voice boomed around the castle before everything went silent.

“Sehun, your dog is not important right now, so hush!” The Second eldest started with a frown and turned towards Baekhyun.

“And you! You are not going anywhere.” He boomed and glared at his two brothers; challenging them to defy him. Sehun grumbled under his breath but kept his silence in fear of the second eldest. Baekhyun, on the other hand, was not anywhere near compliant.

“I already told you that

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter