Prologue

It Started With A Murder

Knife in hand, he watched the woman shake in front of him. The tips of his fingers started tingling in excitement. Her pathetic pleas for mercy went unheard as the knife went it. Glee swam in his eyes as her expression changed from pure terror, cheeks and lips wet with tears and mucus mixed, from her messy bawling as she plead to be let go, to one of absolute pain and agony. Her bloodcurdling scream was like music to his ears. He relished in the thrilling moment, a feeling of rushing deliriousness pulsing in his veins as the knife plunged in and out of her. Hot, sticky blood spurted out and flowed over, soaking his hands and shirt. But he didn’t mind. He loved every second of it.

A slight shuffle up ahead caught his attention. His eyes flicked up, fingers curling tighter around the knife in anger at whoever just ruined the could-have-been perfect moment, just in time to see a flash of blue. A school uniform?

His lips morphed into a smirk as his eyes twinkled darkly. Someone had just seen him.

 

----------

 

Chan collapsed behind a wall few hundred metres away, panting heavily. As soon as that man had glanced up, he had run as fast as he could, not knowing where he was going, as long as it was away from that horrible place. He had run until his muscles were void of energy and couldn’t take it anymore.

Shaking his head vigorously, he tried to get rid of the horrifying images. The more he tried to forget, the more vivid it became. Blood. Crimson red blood everywhere. The lady’s body. The Killer. What was he thinking?! He shouldn’t have come, he shouldn’t have come!