◙ Seven

Be My Lady
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

When God decided to compensate for the last 9 years of not giving Areum a guy, He sure did pour it out in one blast. Never in her life has she been pursued by 4 good-looking men at once.

Doctor JeonWonwoo’s the same age as Jongin and he’s the youngest doctor in the hospital. And from the record, he’s a genius with an IQ of 152 but Areum refuses to admit the facts because he’s just too clumsy for his own good. If what Sojin said was true, he’d be suitor no. 1.

Director Park Bogum is the same age as Areum and he’s her ex-boyfriend who suddenly broke up with her out of the blue. Despite being hurt, it looks like Areum’s heart’s being swayed by the sweet guy. He’s suitor no. 2.

Choi Minho’s also the same age as Areum and she just knew him for two days or so but she already felt some kind of connection. If their blind date wasn’t destroyed by Jongin, Areum’s sure that he’d already scored some points in her heart. He’s suitor no. 3.

Doctor Kim Jongin is the blond, dancing guy who came out of nowhere and got tied up with Areum. She was the one who proposed to him in the first place so it was somewhat her fault. He’s the grandson of the owner of Hyoshin Hospital. He’s currently suitor no. 4.

The heavens must be having some kind of fun while looking at the five of them in that hospital.

As of the moment, suitor no. 4 is glaring at Areum and suitor no. 3 just outside the hospital. They were talking and Jongin hated how that Minho guy looks at Areum.

“Are you not going to do your rounds?” Bogum suddenly asked and Doctor Jeon tapped Jongin’s shoulder but he just shrugged.

“Look at how she smiles at him,” he mumbled, scowling. Jealousy’s written all over his face.

“Kim Jongin,” Bogum called again. The younger doctor turned to him after some seconds.

“Hyung,” Jongin suddenly said.

“I told you already, don’t drop the honorifics when we’re in the hospital,” Bogum replied with a sigh. Doctor Jeon was so quiet while just looking at the two. They looked like they have some kind of relationship aside from being just director and doctor.

“Are you really her ex?” Jongin asked right away. Wonwoo gasped a little, surprised as to how he could be that frank with someone older than him – not to mention that Bogum’s their director.

“Why? Do you have a problem with that?”

“No, not at all. Everything about the two of you is all in the past. I like Doctor Lee Areum and I hope this will be very fair,” Jongin answered with confidence. Wonwoo looked at him then at Bogum who was just staring at him before a small smile crept on his face.

“When did you ever play fair? But I’ll look forward to that.”

And with those words, Bogum turned and walked away, leaving Wonwoo who is trying to process everything that he heard and Jongin who was looking at Areum and suitor no. 3.

Glaring, Jongin turned to Wonwoo.

“Just a piece of advice since I like you, just give up now. Doctor Lee does not like someone who’s younger than her,” Jongin stated and Wonwoo raised a brow.

“You’re just the same age as me.”

“I’m different. Doctor Lee asked me to marry her.”

Doctor Jeon kept quiet for a while. “She said that that’s not true,” he retorted and he saw how Jongin’s face changed to a stoic one.

“Do you really want to go against me?” Jongin asked almost threatening. Doctor Jeon cleared his throat before scratching the back of his neck. “Today’s really hot. I need to check on a patient,” he replied instead and turned his back on Jongin before taking his leave.

Even without looking back, Wonwoo could feel Jongin’s stare burning the back of his head. He’s acting like a possessive kid. Giving up is not really in Wonwoo’s dictionary but the glare from Jongin was making him ask himself if he really wanted to heads with the same-aged doctor. After all, it’s only a crush in his case.

On the other hand, Jongin had his brows bristled. He’s already thinking of how he’d make his move to eliminate the other guys. And he’d like to start it with Choi Minho.

With a bright smile on his face, he strutted towards the two who were busily talking to each other.

“Noona,” he called out and the two looked at him.

“Oh? Isn’t he your brother?” Minho asked in surprise, pointing at Jongin. Areum grunted in frustration internally. “He’s also a doctor here?” he continued.

“Ah yes, I’m also a doctor here. My name’s Jongin,” he replied before holding his hand for a handshake. Minho took it with a smile and Jongin fought the temptation of crushing his hand there and then.

“I’m sorry to disturb the two of you but my sister here-” Jongin started before wrapping his arm around her shoulders. Areum froze before glaring at him. “-she’s needed inside. So if you’ll excuse us, we’ll go now,” he continued. Minho looked at Areum, nodding.

“It’s okay. It’s your job so you can go. I’ll visit you again next time,” Minho stated with a smile. Areum’s questioning her hearing. Did she just hear him growl?

Waving, Minho stood there as Jongin dragged Areum inside, still with his arm around her shoulders. As they stepped inside, Areum grunted in frustration before pushing Jongin away.

“What the hell was that?” she asked.

“Dragging my future wife away from temptation,” he replied right away. Areum stopped herself from cursing.

“Are you really going to continue this?”

Jongin nodded. “I already told you; I always get what I want.”

Areum scoffed. “You really are a spoiled brat. Stop it while I’m still being kind to you and stop calling me noona. I only have one younger brother and his name is Lee Taeyong,” she stated before stomping away from him while holding the bouquet of flowers.

“Areum.”

What the hell was that? Did he just call me without honorifics? Did he just call me by my first name? That disrespectful fetus.

She turned to him, ready to grill him with her laser like glare. “Did you just call me by my name?”

He nodded in reply before a grin came to his face. “You said to stop calling you noona so I’ll just call you Areum.”

She’s already fuming inside. “Do you think I’m joking right now?”

“No. You’re serious and so am I.”

“You’re an impossible case.”

“Or I’ll just call you mine.”

“W-What?” she asked, not really sure if she heard that right.

“Mine.”

Areum’s beyond baffled, she really met an extraordinary fetus and it looks like it’s going to be a hard fight because as weird as it might be, she could feel her cheeks heating up and it’s not because she’s angry – she’s being affected by Jongin’s greasy lines.

“That just sounds perfect; you’re mine, Lee Areum.”

 

Pop.

Sway.

Pose.

Jongin clapped his hands loudly as the music stopped and the younger kids made their ending pose. A fatherly smile came to his face as he stood, looking at Yixing and Minseok who were also clapping.

“Great job. You’re all energetic,” he commented and the their students sighed in relief. Their students bowed at their teachers before going to their benches.

Yixing stood in front and clapped his hand to signal that he has something to say. “Since you all did a great job, Jongin will pay for our food today.”

Jongin looked at his friend in surprise. He never told him about paying anything. The kids started cheering and Jongin just chuckled, shaking his head. “Okay, I’ll pay since you’re all amazing,” he stated and the cheering went even louder.

“Pizza!! Pizza!!”

“Chicken!! Chicken!!”

They started chanting everything that they wanted to eat and Jongin just nodded. “Order whatever you want.”

“Ooh~ You’re cooler now after working at the hospital, Doctor Kim,” Yixing teased after a while. Minseok was already ordering their food while the other kids were already lying on the floor.

“Be thankful that I just got my pay. Grandpa’s really serious about not giving me any money,” Jongin replied, sighing.

“Then why not get married? Your said your grandpa’s desperate to get you tied with that girl you talked about.”

“I’ll get married when the time comes. Besides, I’m trying to woo a girl right now.”

“Really? Who?” Yixing asked curiously. Knowing Jongin, he must be really serious about it. He knows how Jongin’s serious when it comes to a relationship. His last relationship was back in college. Jongin was left hurt when he learned that the girl was cheating on him. After that, he never entered any relationship.

Seeing the smile on Jongin’s face, Yixing could see that he’s really into the girl and he’s serious.

“She’s my senior at the hospital,” Jongin answered.

“So…she’s older than you?”

He nodded in reply before looking around. He saw Taeyong wincing while massaging his ankle. “He’s her brother,” Jongin stated, nodding towards Taeyong. Yixing looked at him then at Jongin. The latter stood.

“Where are you going?” Yixing asked, looking at his friend as he walked towards Taeyong.

“To my future brother-in-law.”

Yixing found himself chuckling, shaking his head.

There’s a thing about Jongin. When he’s serious about something, he tends to be possessive and childish – just like now.

Good luck to whoever you like Jongin. She needs all the energy to put up with your greasy antics. 

 

“You must be having a hard time adjusting here, Doctor Park.”

Bogum shook his head quickly before he flashed the old man a smile. It’s not his first time to see the chairman but Bogum could feel that he’s a little nervous. “Not at all sir, the other doctors welcomed me warmly,” he replied.

Chairman Kim nodded. He was the one who gave Bogum the scholarship that changed his life. And from the looks of it, Chairman Kim favors him.

“It’s okay if you admit that you’re having a hard time. I know that you heard the older doctors rant. There are some handful of people here who does not like my decision.”

Bogum lowered his head. The elder’s right. He heard some older doctors say things about their disapproval of his sudden transfer – let alone his sudden promotion to being the hospital’s director. Bogum knew that there were some who wanted the position. He never really understood why the chairman wanted him for that position.

“I trust you, Bogum. I saw how hard you studied and I can see that you’re responsible. Age is not everything when it comes to leadership. Younger doctors see things in a different perspective and I know that you can help improve this hospital’s condition.”

“Thank you sir.”

“Anyway, I want to ask how Jongin’s doing.”

Bogum smile to himself. The elder really couldn’t hide that he’s worried about his grandson. Ever since he’s still in the U.S. he’s been the one reporting how Jongin’s doing with his residency in JL Hospital.

“He’s doing fine sir.”

“I heard that he likes someone. Does he talk to you about her?”

Bogum bit his inner lip.

“No sir. Jongin does not really share such thing to me. He kind of dislikes me.”

Chairman Kim chuckled. “Is he still grumpy because you punished him during his residency?”

Bogum nodded. “He even calls me Doctor Stone for that.”

“That kid…I can’t

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter