1: WooGyu's Engagement ~ Unannounced Arrival

WHOLE

Myungsoo's POV

 

"Let us all raise our glass as a sign of our support and acceptance to the future Mr. And Mr. Nam!"

 

Everyone in the big garden of  Woohyun's mansion raise their glass as the two couple smiled widely to their guests.

 

"I knew they'd end up together even after fighting a thousand times." Howon threw a fries back to our bowl as he raise his glass before slumping back on his seat.

 

It hadn't been three days since Gyu-hyung told us that he's worried and excited at the same time because Woohyun proposed to him and made everything official the other day, then we received a invitation from them the next day for their engagement party.

 

"I know what you feel, hyung. I can't believe we got the biggest surprise from them just the other day." Sungjong says as he flips his bangs with a glint of excitement.

 

"Give them a break, they've been asking for this since the long time ago. They love fighting but they love each other more." Dongwoo-hyung retort.

 

I didn't in the conversation since we're all surprised for this, until the couple graces our table. "What's with your faces? This is like the most magical day of our lives and my friends aren't happy for me? Seriously?" Woohyun says then sat down beside me with Gyu-hyung on his other side.

 

"We just can't believe that it's finally happening, Hyung. We're happy, really." I said as I shove some fries inside my mouth.

 

"I just can't accept the fact that my best friend missed this..."

 

Our table fell silence as Woohyun-hyung says those words. We all know who is he referring to. And it suddenly hit me hard, because as soon as I heard something that would remind me about him, I'll remember everything in one go. I sigh.

 

"But... I do get a reply this time from him, so that at least made me happy."

 

I turn to him abruptly with wide eyes. Woohyun-hyung just smiled at me and nod slowly. "I finally received a reply from him. After five years, he finally reply back to one of us... at least he's fine." He says with a shrug.

 

"What... what did he say?" I asked nervously.

 

"He says, 'I received the invitation. Much as i wanted to attend, I can't. I still have something going on here. Please say congratulations to Gyu-hyung on my behalf.' when I asked him when he'll go back here, he says, soon. So... yeah."

 

I suddenly felt the chill run down inside me and Dongwoo-hyung hugged me and Sungjong pats my shoulder.

 

Sungyeol left without a word five years ago. Leaving me asking what went wrong.

 

The partnership between Lee and Kim family are renewed as soon as he left, and our company became stable ever since. We are once again supported by them, that's why. Dad decided to settle down here in Korea because I didn't budge to say yes to their decision to go.

 

Five long years that I draw the line between me and my Dad. I move out of our unit in AB hotel, and didn't even bother to move in our new house here. Instead, I decided to stay in our unit in Topaz.

 

It angered me how he decided to leave this unit under my name. But I took the privilege to take it. I'm not planning on leaving anyway. And his family wants me to stay in Topaz.

 

When he left, the engagement between me and Sowon have been removed, to our surprise. Sowon is very thankful of it since she's been asking for that from the very beginning. And I myself want it to end as soon as it was announced.

 

But that doesn't helped me solve the mystery he left me.

 

Three days after he had a talk with Dad, he didn't come to school. He's not answering his phone either, or should I say, he's not opening his phone. He's not back in Topaz and he's not accepting calls from all of us when I asked our friends to call him just to check. Then it happened.

 

It was announced in our whole school how he decided to leave WSHS and return to Madrid, Spain to continue his studies there. He was photographed leaving Korea with his little brother Daeyeol that day, but Daeyeol returns after one week. But there's no sign of Sungyeol with him. It was said by his Dad, that Sungyeol decided things on his own and leave Korea on his own. He was not asked by anyone of his family members. Sungyeol didn't even grant any interview regarding that matter. He just continue to walk while pushing his baggage forward. It has been a topic of everyone. How the heir of the Lee's leave the country. Some speculations are said, like he was asked by his grandparents, or he was getting married there. But his Dad brushed it all off saying that their son's personal life is all on him and not planned for him.

 

When he left, I changed. I know I changed. Our friends keeps on telling me that. I talk less now. And I don't care much about the world. I became less active with everything.

 

If I were to use Woohyun-hyung's description of me now, I'm a cold hearted bastard. I turned down everyone getting close to me. I shut people out of my life.

 

I know how hard they try to communicate with me, but I no longer open up like before.

 

And they all know why.

 

There's only one person who can shake me up. And that's Lee Sungyeol.

 

I've been waiting for his return. I never left Korea. I'm here to stay. Even if it will take me a thousand years, I'll stay. I know for myself that it was him I am waiting for. He's all that I want. He's all that I need to bring me back to normal.

 

I can never hate him despite everything that had happen. There must be a reason for his sudden departure that almost tear me apart.

 

I snap out of it when I felt some cold hands over my forearms. And I realized that it was Gyu-hyung.

 

"Are you alright, Myungsoo?"

 

I blinked three times as I played with the ice inside my glass who's keeping my Bourbon cold. "I'm fine. Just tired. I came here straight from the office."

 

He smiled. "You kinda spaced out there. Anyway, have you eaten? You know you have to, right?"

 

I nod. "I'm fine. I already ate."

 

"I see. That's good then."

 

Its not just me who changed after all these years. Woohyun-hyung is yet to graduate since he's taking up medicine, so he obviously have it long. Sungjong owned a very famous boutique now. He's a fashion designer, that's very obvious right? Howon, despite being a dance instructor at night, he's an engineer. A very good one. Dongwoo-hyung is a preschool teacher, but when noon comes, he's a professor in WU. Sunggyu-hyung is handling their family company too, like Sungyeol handle theirs. Great right?

 

I on the other hand, works as our company's VP. Dad is still the president and CEO so I'm still his shadow.

 

"Myung... can I ask you something really personal?"

 

I look at Dongwoo-hyung's side but didn't say anything so he took that as a yes from me.

 

"Will you be okay if he comes back? I mean... are you mad at him for leaving you?"

 

"Who wouldn't be?" Woohyun and Howon asked in unison. Then Woohyun continues. "He left us all just like that. So I'm asking you all, who wouldn't be? He asked Myungsoo a million times not to leave him, but he's the one who--"

 

"Woo, Dongwoo is asking Myungsoo. Not you..."

 

"No, I'm telling my side too since we're talking about it now... so where was I? Oh, yeah. He's the one who asked him not to leave Korea. Not to leave him, but he fly back to Spain. If I didn't know Sungyeol to be a stubborn , I'll assume that he got scared of Myungsoo's father after talking to him."

 

"And, if I didn't saw him answer back to Myung's father during that observation class, I'll assume that he lose somewhere between their conversation..." Howon added.

 

"But, aren't you curious? About the real reason why he left?" Dongwoo-hyung asked me again.

 

"There's nothing more to ask him." The two said in unison again.

 

Obviously, they're the most affected since they are best friends.

 

"Let Myungsoo answer for himself! I want to hear this too..." Sungjong says as he showed me one of his aegyo.

 

I sigh. "If he came back, then he's back. If he wanted to tell me everything, he'll tell me. But there's no way I'll ask him."

 

"But you still love him, right?"

 

I look around the table as they asked me that all at the same time. All five of them. I smiled. "There's no way I'll let go of what I have with him... I still do. And I always will. Until he comes back, I'll hold on to it. Even if it hurts."

--

I removed my coat and slumped back on the sofa. I didn't bother opening the lights inside our unit. Aga might have recognized my smell, so he come to me and sit beside me, while Byeol sits on my lap.

 

The clock is ticking again. Again and again that it almost pained me.

 

The same old room where we get to share all the unshakeable memories for the shortest time is killing me. The same old room where he tried keep me. To secure me. Is now the most painful and suffocating place I'd rather be.

 

Tears filled my eyes as I tried to shake the memories out of my head, but failed.

 

I went to grab some beer from the refrigerator and went outside the terrace garden. I look up to the sky where everything shine so bright that it almost blinded me.

 

I lift my hand up to try to at least grab one, but I know I can't do that, so I let it down.

 

"Its funny how you told me that the stars represents your love for me..."

 

I swallowed hard and closed my eyes only to open it again with so much pain in it. "Infinite huh? That's bull... pure bull. Your love is just a lie. You left me hanging. Waiting. Five years and still ing counting. But why? Why can't I let go? Letting go completely is like the hardest thing to do... it hurts... it hurts like hell so I got tired of trying..."

 

I know for myself that it can always be him I needed to keep me in place...

 

It can only be him out of all the people in the world.

 

"They asked me if I'm mad at you... I can never be mad at you... never. I'm a fool of waiting without being asked to wait. And every time someone wanted to get close to me, I'll shut them off in one swift heartless reply, cause I feel like I'm cheating on you... crazy huh? Look what you've done to me, ... so please..."

 

I sob and lay down on the grass as I watch the sky so beautiful that night. Like what we've seen together five years ago...

 

"Please come back... just come back and I'll forgive you... I'll forget that you leave me... I'll forget all of that so please Sungyeol... just come back..."

 

I wipe my tears away. And murmur...

 

"Just come back and fix me, Love... please..."

--

I woke up shaking crazily and look around me.

 

How did I get in here?

 

As far as I can remember, I slept outside. In the terrace garden specifically.

 

I just shrug it off and went outside of our room. Aga is wiggling his tail happily and Byeol is playing with it.

 

"You're alarmingly playful, huh? I'll just brush my teeth and give you food, okay? So wait here."

 

I went to the bathroom and brush my teeth.

 

I suddenly turn around when a familiar scent fills my nostrils.

 

Why is his scent all around the place? , it's suffocating. Early in the morning and it's all him I'm smelling. What the hell.

 

I came out of the bathroom and give our children their food and open the TV. I find it weird because Byeol's bowl is almost half way full and so does Aga's. But decided to ignore it. I removed my phone from charging and checked for some text messages. I open Woohyun-hyung's message.

 

'Lets go out later. I would like to ask you guys regarding our upcoming wedding. I don't accept no for an answer.'

 

I smiled as I closed my other eye to that. I tap a reply for him saying that I'll be there if he texted me the address on where to meet.

 

It took me an hour to get ready for office when our helper came in.

 

"Good morning, Sir Myungsoo."

 

"Good morning to you too, Yerin. Did you asked someone to help me to bed?"

 

Yerin looked at me confused. "Huh? Why? Have you slept outside again?"

 

I suddenly stop drinking and take a look at her confused too. "You mean, it's not you who took me to bed?"

 

"No sir. You asked me not to be here last night because you'll be at your friends' engagement party so you don't need food."

 

I furrow my eyebrows to that. "Then who the hell took me to bed?"

 

"I don't know? Maybe you woke up somewhere in the middle of the night and... you know. You're kinda like that when drunk."

 

Instead of prolonging the conversation, I just nod and accept her assumptions so I dismissed her and let her clean the whole unit.

 

Inside my car, I can't help thinking...

 

"One beer can never make me drunk. And I only had one shot of bourbon at WooGyu's party. I managed to drive back myself... so there's no way I'm drunk last night..."

 

I stepped on it and hurried my way back to the office when I realized I have works to do.

 

 

--

 

 

When I reached office, Dad is inside mine playing with my pens.

 

"What business do I have with you Dad?" I asked.

 

"You're late..."

 

"Yeah. I know. Thirty minutes late. So?"

 

"Kim Myungsoo, don't get cocky on me. We are yet to discuss your proposals in front of the board. I'm here to check your work before---"

 

"My works needs no checking. Just watch me slay later."

 

He sigh then lean against my sofa. "Why are you like this Myungsoo?"

 

"You know exactly why, so don't ask me that stupid question."

 

"Will it make you feel better if I told you that he's back?"

 

I froze on my swivel chair and the pen slipped from my hand as I raise my head to look at him.

 

"What did you just say?"

 

"He's back. Lee Sungyeol is back in Korea. He arrived last night."

 

--

 

"WHAT?! YOU'RE DAD TOLD YOU THAT?!"

 

All of his friends showed a very surprised faces inside his office. He's been pacing back and forth since his Dad left him alone there and tried to digest the news inside his head.

 

"If... if he really is back, where is he? Why hadn't he shown his face to us?!"

 

"Oh my God, I can finally punch him on the face!"

 

"Oh my God! Hyung can finally be one of my models!"

 

"What the hell, Lee Sungjong?! That's all you could think of?!"

 

"Guys, guys! Calm the down!" Sunggyu tried to control the situation but failed, so he just take a look on Myungsoo who was biting his nails. His hands are literally shaking. That's the biggest reaction from him after five years, that Sunggyu can't find a word to ask him something, "are you sure your dad aren't bluffing?"

 

Our friends suddenly turn quiet and I blinked an eye. "I don't... know."

 

"Then we should probably call one of his family members?! You know, like Mrs. Lee or Daeyeol! Let's ask them?" Dongwoo says, already dialling someone's number from his phone.

 

He set it on loudspeaker mode and seconds later, they can hear Daeyeol's whispering voice.

 

"Dongwoo-hyung... I'm in the middle of my geometry class.. do you need anything?"

 

"Daeyeol! Can you excused yourself for awhile in your class?! This is urgent."

 

They can hear Daeyeol asking for a permission to take the call outside and he was permitted. "I'm outside hyung. What is it?"

 

"Where is Sungyeol right now? I mean right now, Daeyeol? Is he back?! Is he really back?"

 

Daeyeol stayed silent for awhile and I'm literally dying here as I wait for him to answer. "How did you know that hyung? Did you see him in Woohyun-hyung and Sunggyu-hyung's engagement party last night?"

 

We all exchange glances and Woohyun grabbed the phone from Dongwoo-hyung. "YOU MEAN TO SAY, HE CAME?! HE CAME LAST NIGHT?"

 

"Yes hyung. He was there. But only stayed for a short while after putting down his gifts for you... he told us that he'll be back in... in..."

 

"IN WHAT DAEYEOL?!"

 

"In Topaz... though he said he won't be back in Topaz immediately since he'll be visiting the other GSSC buildings too and decided to put Topaz last on his list..."

 

I gasped loudly and they all look at me. "Oh my God... tell me it's not him who... who put me to bed last night..."

 

"Is that Myungsoo-hyung?"

 

"Yes Dae... it's.. m-me.."

 

Daeyeol fell silent again and then, "I'm not sure about that, Myungsoo-hyung, but... Yeol-hyung did say he visited Topaz last, last night... so..."

 

"Oh my God... no--- no wonder his scent.. his scent is all over the unit this morning..."

 

"Oh really hyung? Did he slept with you? Cause he only came home in the morning... like, 6:30am."

 

I covered my mouth to that. Oh no. He's here. And if what Daeyeol just said is real, then that means I'm sleeping beside him last night and was   held by him? And.. and... Oh my God... I can't handle this.. this feeling...

 

"Thanks Dae.. you can go back to your room now.." Dongwoo-hyung says as they all reached for my hand.

 

Tears left my eyes as I tried not to be mad about the situation. He's here and he doesn't even want to show us his face?! For goodness sake... it's been five lonely years not only for me, but to all of our friends. And now that he's here... he.. he...

 

"Maybe he's back in their mansion? Should we try calling their house too?" Sunggyu-hyung says.

 

They asked me to sit down at the sofa as Dongwoo-hyung tried to call someone again. And this time, a girl answered.

 

"Hello? You have reached Lee Residence... how can we help you?"

 

That's probably one of their maids. "Uh, hello. This is Jang Dongwoo... may I speak with Sungyeol?"

 

"Young master is currently sleeping, Sir Dongwoo... is this something urgent?"

 

This time, Howon grabbed the phone. "No, it's nothing. Tell him we called. Thanks, bye."

 

That's enough confirmation for me.

 

He's really back. He's here.

--
Author's note: Jjang! First chapter, ouuuut! Subscribe and upvote and let's keep this story going! Comments are appreciated. ❤ The updates of "WHOLE" will be slow compared to "OTHER HALF" update. Please bear with me. :(