Un Petit Aperçu [a little glimpse]

Misheard Reality

C-gA92_VwAQZgQc.jpg

The trouble with greed is that you'll never be satiated.

He laughed eagerly as to see his project gone to completion after months of numerous sleepless nights. The day has come for him to see it work, to see it live.

He let it out of the cylindrical tube with distance enough for him to ensure his safety. The homunculi went out, its flesh seemingly that as of a newborn baby, lightly red with a hint of purple. Shortly after the being took its first step, it began to breathe in the environment around. The chilly air conditioner and various scents of assorted chemicals around the area. But as soon as it began living, the smile of the a while ago eager man has vanished as he noticed that this being he has created has no sense of sight. As soon as the creature realized that it has only seen the pitch dark, it began to panic. Scratching its eyes, making it bleed.

A loud scream was heard all over the hidden research institution. Blood curdling screams. The being has gone insane. It's loud screams seemingly unidentifiable to belong to that of any animal or living creature. Surely, it has taken a human form but the being was just far too different to be considered normal. It was terrifying, horrid and pitiful.

Yes, this creature was once like everyone. Various liquids injected into its body, various parts added to the DNA, researches and experiments all together to create this horrid creature.

human_experiment_by_ravand-d2z7ghe.jpg

The creature began hurting itself, scratching here and there as various images came lurking into its fragile state of mind. It bled, blood splattering everywhere. The mortified man looking disappointed at his failure, months of labor gone to trash. He finally began to feel frustrated. Years, he's done so many failures. Years, he's questioned himself. Now, he's gone hungry for success. He watched blankly as the creature finally stopped motion and has finished destroying itself.

"Kitae! Get in here!" The man roared.

"I'm sorry, sir. He has left a little while ago." An assistant spoke from behind.

Suddenly feeling a sudden surge of rage, the man began to assault the faultless assistant. Along with taking out his frustration into clearing his table of lab equipments in one swift hand movement. The assistant walked away silently as if she was used to it all. She never complained but still remained like a faithful dog. She was curious either way.


Taekhyun got up after waking up from a bad dream. He was sweating buckets through the well air conditioned room. He always dreamt of the same thing over and over again. The demonlike room, the pool of blood and the two sculpture heads dripping with crimson red blood that scared him the most as he passed by them while running away from the monsters dressed in white covered from head to toe.


He's been to this place once and dreaded ever defying his mother's words. He should've listened but curiosity led him there. He wanted to come in there in order to save someone but everytime he thought of it, he felt nauseous and besides, he has long forgotten where it was.

He went out of his room located in the underground basement of a large mansion. He vaguely remembers sleeping beside the most important person to him but when he realized, he was already staying in that basement ever since. He never thought much about it but he knew exactly why he was there. He isn't deprived of love and surely he isn't held captive, only erased from the world. Though he knew, he didn't complain. He loved his mother and his siblings just as much but to him, his father was questionable.

He didn't exist outside the world. He was a hollow but inside that beautiful mansion, he was known. He lived like a fairytale character inside his own story. All the more, he wanted to get out. He wanted to know what it feels like to exist. Without anyone knowing, he got out and started a life, he went to school and there on, his first steps began.

Everything felt so new to him that even breathing the air felt like a new experience. He was happy inside but scared for the most part of it. Without realizing, he has smiled for the first time in ages.


Be careful. Don't get caught. I got your back, don't worry.

 

 

The words of his dearest blood echoed through his mind, his worries all gone.


"This world is too dangerous. I hope Taekhyun doesn't get caught by them." Yoongi said not particularly speaking with anyone. He picked up the pen he dropped a few  moments ago and continued composing his song.

His mind drifted and he began to worry as all the thoughts in his head has started getting into him. He was so done with all this but continued to play the game anyways.

flashback

"Let's play 40/40 whoever gets caught by the it shall be penalized with death!" Young Jungkook suggested to his older hyungs.

"You mean fake death right?" The little scaredy cat, Hoseok asked.

"Of course! Why would we really kill each other? That's stupid." Namjoon, ever the brain of the group, answered.

"We weren't born to kill you know :P" The innocent Taehyung stated.

"Okay then~" Hoseok cheered, feeling relieved.

"Hey kids! Want to come with uncle to practice a little martial arts?"

The young bangtan ran toward the adult man they all adore. Before realizing it, they've become puppets for that adult's selfish desires. The man they once looked up to has become their object of hatred.

The man they once looked up to has become their object of hatred

 

end of flashback

 

 

Yoongi threw the paper into his little trash bin under his work desk. Another work he wasn't satisfied about. He sighed and went down to the kitchen to look for some food. He was famished from working all day, skipping breakfast and lunch with only coffee inside his system. But right now, even coffee didn't help as to it has only made him nervous of what's going to happen. He kept thinking to himself, thinking and then thinking some more until Hani's face flashed in his mind which made him choke on his sandwich.

tumblr_inline_noib42lf7b1toevq8_500.gif

"Stupid."