Fin du debut [end of the beginning]

Misheard Reality

bts-youngest-member-jungkook-has-finally-graduated-06.jpg

I shouldn't have entangled myself with the strings. I should've let go before I got attached.

 

Yoongi had to move in a hurry. The mission to gather information about the enemy was supposed to be a secret but he had no choice, time was ticking. Walking around the bustling streets, blending in with the crowd, and observing the people around. He had to look for men with a certain symbol on their wrists, though it couldn't be seen by the eye. Which is why he wore specialized contact lenses to be able to see those marks. If it were from the perspective of normal people, he only looked like an attractive young man. 

"I'll have to move elsewhere." He decided, as he couldn't find any of the familiar symbols.


Jungkook's POV

I woke up with my head throbbing and my neck sore. If only I had realized that Jimin hyung was gonna do that, I was caught off guard. When I realized how dark it got, I looked at my watch to see the time. I frantically ran and ran until I ended up at the target location. I knew I wouldn't see my mom there but I had to atleast try.

"Jungkook?"

I froze at the familiar voice. I slowly looked up while catching my breath. What was she doing here?

"Uhm.. are you okay?" She asked cautiously, looking around.

She slowly closed the gap between us and reached out to wipe the sweat from my face that I didn't even notice. I continued to look at her, at a loss for words. She looked even prettier now, did I miss her this much? 

"What's wrong, Kookie?"

"My mom.." I hesitantly said. Was it alright to tell her? The organization has already betrayed me, I have nothing left to lose. 

"Hani-ah." I said with a newfound determination. I reached for her hand on my cheek and squeezed it lightly.

"I need your help."


 

"Taekhyun." Taehyung eyed his brother with undescribable emotions. 

"Yes, dear brother?" He replied with a hint of amusement in his tone.

"Can you explain to me why am I tied up here on this chair?"

"Well, let's just say I wanted you to fail on your mission." Taekhyun stated as he paced back and forth in front of Taehyung.

For a moment, Taehyung was silent and seemed to be in deep thought. Taekhyun stopped pacing back and forth and curiously observed Taehyung's silent demeanor. There was no hostility between the two brothers, but it doesn't change the fact that they're on different sides. Suddenly, Taehyung was laughing as if he was out of his mind.

tumblr_opp21sUwQs1ubel3fo3_400.gif

"Why are you laughing, brother?" Taekhyun asked in bewilderment.

"I just find this whole mess ridiculous." He replied still with laughter in his voice.

"I don't get your point."

"I'm talking about you and everything I sacrificed my entire being for."

"That's where you're wrong, brother." 

"Am I? It’s only that I’m very sorry towards you because I couldn’t protect you.You who was punished in my stead,
you who were only delicate and fragile. We are cursed. Both of us who was not supposed to exist, I atleast wanted you to feel normal." The bitterness was engulfing Taehyung and slowly strangling him.

"It didn't have to get this out of hand. I was fine, I could be stronger. We could've fought it together." Taekhyun tried to justify.

"Even if I try to hide it or conceal it, it can’t be erased. Before I realized it, everyone was involved and it's just too late to get out of this waltz. Where I can’t turn back the red blood is flowing down. Deeper, I feel like dying every day. Please let me be punished, Taekhyun-ah. Allow me to suffer." Taehyung hung his head low as his voice got weaker.

"Hyung, join me. Let's fight it together with everyone." 

"No." And with that, Taehyung set himself free from the ropes that binded him and walked off.

"It wasn't supposed to be like this." Taekhyun whispered to himself, the agony swallowing him.

The fissures were getting wider, Taekhyun knew it was almost time to use it.


 

Once upon a time, in the very distant past, there lived a woman named, Eve. She was beautiful and gained the love of every man who set their eyes on her. But Eve didn't see anything special about the men who courted her. She wanted something special. 

Everytime she asked this from those who courted her, they were baffled as to what she wanted. Some offered her wealth, some offered her vast lands, all the luxury any woman would dream of was offered to her, some even went as far to offer their life to gain her affection. Yet none seemed to have pleased her.

Time went by as she kept rejecting all the men in the world. The gods became furious at Eve's incontentment. Who was this mortal to be so picky, she had no right. She may be beautiful outside but her incontentment was very unattractive that the gods decided to punish her.

Her punishment was that she would end up marrying the devil and give birth to two sons who shall be cursed the moment they are born. One of which will have to suffer, the other will have to cease to exist. Both cursed with black wings, both inhumane. They will be each other's reflection but are two opposite poles.

470656d43b5b0d728531f0943c9faa20d7e15efb_hq.jpg

 

Upon hearing about the curse, Eve decided to shut herself in confinement. She was determined not to fall into the arms of the devil, to which her fate was interlinked with. But alas, she gazed upon a beautiful man from outside her window. He was so beautiful that she couldn't dare look away. Her heart raced for the first time. Caught in a trance upon this beautiful creature, she reached out her hand and soon after her dread came looming. 

She got pregnant and gave birth to two sons, just as the curse dictated. It was then when she realized that the beautiful man, himself, was the devil. She was caught in a lie. Finally, she was driven mad and decided to abandon everything, as the guilt of passing down a curse to her own flesh was too much to bear.