Je Suis Toi [I am you]

Misheard Reality

29983c31f2c45c7f6f1251a696fbe7e59397f435_hq.jpg

You were born out of love, and I out of hate. Destiny chose to play its favorites.

 

The moment my wings were opened, I saw another side of the world. It was different from the warm and pure light that I see everytime I opened my eyes. It was the opposite. There were never ending roads, giant vehicles emitting dark black smoke, barely breathable air and noise. I walked along the streets, I was too young then to understand as I carelessly attempted to cross the road. A loud noise came up as I was pulled back, leaving passersbys in a state of panic. Yes, I was too young to fear death. I was a free little hatchling and yet though I never knew the fear of death, I was caught up in the moment of feeling fear for the first time. A new experience. I heard my pulsating heartbeat. In that moment, I was too engrossed with the feeling that the lectures of the adults around me were barely audible. Along my heartbeat was the ringing in my ears. I was caught in a trance of noise. This world, unsafe for a child, I describe as evil. Along those lines, I shivered at the mere thought of it.

 

Taekhyun's POV 

 

"It would seem like their next target is Jungkook's mother." Yeein reported to me as she casually sat down on the couch.

 

"I see. Where is the ambush gonna occur?" 

 

She paused for a moment, thinking. "I heard it was at a park near their base. She is often seen around that area with Jeon's older brother."

 

"We have to stop them." 

 

"How? We have nothing against their mind controlling BS."

 

"It's alright now, they're here to assist us."

 

She grew quiet and thoughtfully gave a nod before leaving to report back to her superiors. Now, I have to deal with Taehyung. If he misses out on this mission, then we'll have a bigger chance at succeeding. After all, he was my other half, one who is most compatible with what I possess and what that foolish scientist stole from me.

 


 

Yoongi was in his studio working on some new songs. A pretty normal task he finds comfort in. He was in the middle of completing his third song when his phone suddenly vibrated, indicating a call.

 

"What?" He answered.

 

"Well, hello to you too." The voice on the other line dryly replied.

 

"What do you want?" There was venom in his voice as he grip tightened on the phone. If only he could reach over and slit his throat right now.

 

"Oh, you know what I want, Yoongi." The person on the other line chuckled menacingly.

 

"It's not ready." His voice hardened.

 

"Well, that's too bad, isn't it? I bet you wouldn't mind your brother losing a finger or two." 

 

"I'll have it ready by tonight. Don't you dare lay a hand on him."

 

"Of course, I stick to my words." 

 

Yoongi hung up and threw his phone towards the couch. " it." He stated as he messed up his hair. Now he has to leave his work and go pick up some information.

 


 

"Hoseok-ah! What are you doing?!" Namjoon yelled at the younger.

 

"I... can't." 

 

Namjoon was getting impatient. He clenched his fist, ready to hit Hoseok when Seokjin stopped him midway.

 

"Calm down, Namjoon-ah. I'm sure Hoseok has his own reasons." Being the oldest in team, he attempted to reason with the leader.

 

"Hyung!" Jungkook called from behind. He wasn't supposed to be here. The others turned around, expressions varying from emotionless to guilty.

 

"Why are you doing this?!" The youngest questioned, tears beginning to form in his eyes.

 

"We have no choice, Jungkook-ah." The leader said, his voice not mirroring any emotion.

 

"You promised me, hyung. You promised that if I obeyed the organization, my family would be safe." The hurt seeped through his voice. He was hopeful. He believed that it would be alright. He didn't want it to be as painful as what Hoseok experienced.

 

"I'm sorry, Kook-ah. There's no helping it. I made sure you wouldn't have to find out, but it would seem that I failed." The leader spoke without guilt lingering in his facial expression.

 

cb43bec81713b0750bf1f6a5ea0d79996a0d978d_hq.gif

 

Hoseok couldn't help but feel bad for Jungkook. He knew all too well how it felt to have your family harmed because of a certain mistake. What's worse, losing them in the process.

 

"I won't let you." Jungkook spoke, determination in his eyes. But before he could even stop them. Jimin had knocked him unconscious.

 


 

"They're on the move, hurry!"

 

"Sir, I've lost contact with the second unit."

 

"What?! Where were they last spotted?"

 

"North from here."

 

"Any unusual sightings or hazards?"

 

"I'm not sure, but it's possible that there has been an ambush."

 

"You are not sure?! What are you playing at?! The situation is serious, get your head straight!"

 

"I'm very sorry, sir. I'll head out immediately to investigate." 


Taehyung's POV

It started long ago when I was but a child. My house looked so much bigger. Everyday was an adventure in my little eyes that painted the world in a picturesque. There was my father and mother, brothers, sister, and a pet dog. It was the perfect painting. Peaceful dwelling, model behavior and comfort. In my innocent eyes, I saw happiness. There were times when I made mistakes. I'd quiver in fear knowing I'd be reprimanded, but I knew how to admit my wrongdoings because that was installed to me. That one realm I called a home was like an oasis. I played with my brother and our pet dog. I'd hide under the tables, stand on chairs and pretend to fish on my bed. Inside that single realm, I found security and comfort. I wasn't alone, I had my family. It was then when I ventured outside, I realized how vulnerable I was. I was scared. Anything could harm me outside. Without the protection of my parents, I was a mere hatchling. I ran and ran. Until it was time for me to look back, I saw my house, the realm. It had cracks. That's when I realized the disillusioned state I was in. It was like being drugged.

 

28d719659c8c80a5455f144a99127012.gif

 

As I slowly grew conscious of my surroundings, my senses were alarmed. This wasn't where I was supposed to be.

 

"Hello, brother." The mirror smiled at me. 

 

The one thing I feared losing.