Éveillé [awake]

Misheard Reality

83455c45aa32b3672d2972778e2a19b7--bts-j-hope-mini-album.jpg

I opened my eyes to a reality filled with hypocrisy.

 

Hoseok heard about the new mission from Namjoon. He worried that he wouldn't be able to fulfill this one. It was quite a difficult task. He reached for the bathroom door and entered to wash his face. He looked at the reflection in the mirror, his face showing how exhausted he was of everything. The night was fast approaching, the time ticking. He hated how fast time went by. As he was cursing time, he recalled a memory from his childhood. The moments he missed, the moments where he had no care in the world and the only thing that mattered was how to find his friends who were hiding from him, as he was "it" for the game of hide and seek. And when the sun sets and everything slowly changes from an orange tone to complete darkness, the smile on his face would disappear as it was time to go home, the fun ending. The only thing that's different from his past to this reality was that he didn't look forward for tomorrow anymore.

 


Hani's POV

bf3ff53c57fa8850cb145b02787ce1b4.jpg

"Strengthen your punches, they wouldn't even hurt a fly." Jun says as he eyed me critically. Psh. Easy for him to say.

 

I clenched my fist and hit the punching bag as hard as I could, but sadly it didn't even move an inch. Was I this weak? I heard Jun 'tsked.' Okay, I am that bad but what am I supposed to do, I haven't trained for something like this.

 

"I think we'll have to work on building up your muscles before we could even have a proper sparring session." He stated as he touched my muscle deficient arms. "This is why girls are so-" I squinted my eyes challenging him to finish his sentence, "Never mind."

 

"You're a really big jerk, you know that?" 

 

"And you're difficult to handle." He retorted.

 

"Not my fault that you don't have a social life, jerk." I might have said too much as I saw a glint of sadness in his eyes, "Sorry."

 

With that, he patted my head and went out of the training room. Great job making fun of people's insecuritites, Hani, now who's the big jerk? I mentally slapped myself. Guess I should grab myself some dinner. It's already past 8 and my stomach's not giving me time to retort.

 

I went inside the cafeteria and ordered something from the tablet menu on my table. Everything's so tech-y in here. I scanned the area and observed the people in suits and lab gowns. This place was like some sort of underground spy base found in movies, though it is quite what it seems like. Not for long, my order arrived. It was freshly baked lasagna with two sticks of garlic bread and some pineapple juice. I hungrily gulped down my food, barely even chewing. After I had my fill, a robot cleaner came to take my dishes away and wiped the table. I'll never get used to this place.

 

Now that I finished my dinner, I headed back to my room to rest. It was a long day and I'm really exhausted. After checking out my phone, I laid down as thoughts started swimming in my head. I wonder how are those dorks. I really miss how Jimin sheepishly smiles as he chases Kookie, while Namjoon and Jin shakes their head at the back looking at the two causing a scene. And how Hobi laughs with his entire body, infecting you with his happy virus. I also won't forget the time that Yoongi caught me in the middle of trying to doodle on his sleeping face and how Taehyung switches his facial expressions at a rate faster than light itself. I wonder if they've had dinner yet. Did Jin cook for them or is it fast food again? I really miss those warm moments with them. I slowly closed my eyes as I drifted off to sleep.

 

bts-63.jpg

 

I slowly opened my eyes and stretched my arms but I immediately stopped when I took in my surroundings. This wasn't my room and this was definitely a place I'm not familiar with. I cautiously stood up and reached for the door. It was dark in the hallway. Suddenly, I heard the sound of screaming. The voice was very familiar to me. Taehyung. I hurriedly ran to where the screaming came from and I saw Taehyung surrounded by men in white coats. He was tied up like an animal, from his head down to his legs, as if he was some sort of specimen. The men in white coats were injecting him with some kind of green liquid, one was writing something on a clipboard and the other handing the one on the right some tools. It was an awful sight. I wanted to help him but I couldn't move. It felt like there were heavy weights on my legs. 

When one man was about to stab Taehyung in the stomach, I screamed out loud, realizing too late that it was the wrong move. I caught everyone's attention. The man, who seemed to be in charge, commanded Namjoon to capture me. I didn't notice him sitting on the chair at the far corner. After the man commanded him, he immediately stood up and ran towards me. I ran away as instinct, but why? Namjoon wouldn't hurt me and yet something about him right now felt so dangerous.

 

Without realizing, I was already lying on the floor with his hands on my neck. I looked up to see his eyes filled with murderous intent. He slowly tightened his grip on my throat, without uttering a single word. 

 

"W-why?" I asked, slowly losing all my strength.

 

He reached for his back pocket and brought out a gun. He pointed it towards the middle of my forehead and slowly pulled the trigger. I closed my eyes and suddenly bolted up, gasping for air. I looked around and scanned my surroundings and realized that I was in my room. The white ceiling and the glowing clock on the table was there. It read 3:45 AM. I realize that it was all a dream, a terrible one. Even so, I was still shaking. I couldn't forget Taehyung's screams and Namjoon's eyes. They were haunting me. I realized that I wouldn't be able to fall back asleep.

 

I decided to go outside. When I say outside, I meant it literally. Although I wasn't allowed to leave, I looked for a way that I would be able to. I followed some agents to see where they usually head out and luckily, I found their secret door that lead outside and all I had to do was enter a password, which took great amount of effort to find out. 

 

I made sure no one saw me and hurriedly typed in the password. When I was out, I breathed in the fresh air. I strolled towards a nearby park, it was really quiet and I surprisingly enjoyed it. I sat down on a nearby bench and just took in the surroundings. It was strangely calming and helped me forget about the nasty dream I had earlier. I was just sitting there for a few minutes when I suddenly heard footsteps from the direction of the bushes and trees. It was getting closer and closer, my heart started beating fast and I was frozen on my seat. Who or what could it be? The fear I had in my dream started resurfacing. The bushes rustled and a tall figure came out, out of breath. 

 

"Jungkook?"

 

large.png