Erreur [fallacy]

Misheard Reality

My time is at a standstill, but the moments repeat itself.

 

"It's been a while since we've gathered like this." Jin smiled to himself. The boys, ceasing from their movements and fell silent to let the words of their hyung sink in.

"But Hani hasn't been in school lately." Jimin said in a worried tone.

"Are you starting to feel empathy towards her?" Taehyung's voice suddenly rising. Jimin knew that he shouldn't be upset but hearing those words from Taehyung's mouth didn't sound all too well to his ears.

"Calm down, Taehyung-ah." Namjoon chimed.

"Let's not fight over unimportant matters for now." Hoseok stated.

"Hyung! We all know that Hani has become important to us." Jungkook said in a low but firm tone, contradicting his hyung.

"Ya'll shut up and eat your lunch!" Yoongi said in an authoritative tone and with that everyone obeyed without a moment's hesitation. They all know how terrifying a mad Yoongi is.

A few moments later, Jungkook stood up from his seat and started walking to the door, not minding the stares from his hyungs.

"Where are you going?" Yoongi questioned, making Jungkook stop from his tracks.

"If none of you hyungs are gonna look for Hani then I will do so myself." Jungkook answered in a firm tone, although he was afraid deep inside.

"You ing sit back down right now." Jungkook ignored Yoongi and started walking off again.

"Jeon Jungkook." Yoongi said clenching his teeth with a tone of final warning but the younger one wasn't fazed and went out of the room.


Just burn me out, keep pushing me away. I'm a fool, crazy in love, chasing in circles. Make me run.

Jungkook headed towards Hani's residence, only to find it completely deserted. He looked around the house, tracing the furniture's edges. Trying to imagine Hani in her childhood days. She must've been smiling a lot, shining like the sun. She belonged with the flowers. He thought to himself as he stared at their beautiful garden. He leaned down to the wall, a tear escaping from his eyes. He remembered the day when Hani was asking herself if she had feelings for the latter. The happiness he felt was so overwhelming to the point that his sadness amounted the same. Just hearing those words from you, made a filthy soul like me love himself, even by just a tiny fraction.


Listen to my heartbeat, it's calling you at its own will.

Emotions. Something I must lose but the only thing keeping me sane. I must be a walking contradiction. Taehyung thought to himself as he drove his motorbike at awful speed. Why am I doing this after raising my tone at Jimin? 

He hated the fact that he was going around looking for that girl yet he couldn't stop himself. Yet he wasn't worried at all, in fact he was relieved. Because if Hani was still missing then that means they haven't gotten her yet and that means she is safe for now. 

Although looking for the girl meant something dangerous, he still wanted to see her. He was being a fool like that.


Taekhyun was lost in his thoughts. He knew something was up but he paid no attention. 

 

Following into the deep night

The sound of you singing

Brings the red morning

A step, and another step

The dawn passes

And when that moon falls asleep

The blue shade that stayed with me disappears

A song that Taekhyun listened to a while back played in his head, it was full of emotions. He wasn't alone but he felt alone. He was walking but he didn't feel the ground, as if he was floating. He was walking a straight path and yet he was lost. The song played, it was a beautiful one written about friendship but nevertheless, he didn't understand the concept. He was living and dying at the same time. He was a paradox. 

It was then that he stopped at his tracks, a message came in and he knew it was time. The pieces are being put together.

At that moment, the world was put to a standstill. Jin came from the T intersection and made contact with him. The next thing he knew, he was in an unfamiliar house and lying on the floor after Jin threw a fist at him.

I'm sorry.

Taekhyun smirked and spat the blood from his lips. "Finally came to get me huh?"

Jin knew what Taekhyun was planning and he also knew that the latter purposefully leaked the information to him. "Are you really going waste all your brother's efforts for you?! We're doing this all for you! We're getting our hands dirty if it means to obtain your happiness!"

"You call this happiness?! Hyung, until when do you plan to keep this up?"

"For the rest of our lives if it means protecting you and saving Taehyung's soul."

"Stop this nonsense! This is not about protecting me or saving my brother anymore! You guys are merely trapped in that idea, convincing yourselves that it's right. Hiding your cowardice in a shell, afraid of facing your broken truth." Hearing that from Taekhyun's mouth, Jin fell silent. 


Jungkook woke up, his mind all hazy. He had no idea where he was, moments ago he was in Hani's house but he must've lost consciousness in the process. Now, he was sitted facing a long table, as if in a spell, he couldn't move at all. He was then given a drink, to which he surprisingly drank without hesitation. 

He then woke up to his own reality, he was alone. Lost in confusion like an illusion.