One

The Regular Kim Seoyeon

"Seoyeon!"

The sound of my name made me cringe. Adjusting the stack of books in my arm, I quicken my pace through the halls. If I didn't make it to the book closet in the next three minutes, the bell would ring and everyone would be rushing to lunch. It's not that I had anything against stumbling upon couples making out in random corners. And who wouldn't enjoy being stuck behind gaggles of freshmen who felt the urge to walk right in the middle of the hallway at a glacial pace?

I shudder at the thought and start walking faster, craning my neck around the pile of biology books that I was currently juggling. Why the frick do textbooks weigh ten billion pounds? They should be some kind of hazard.

"Seoyeon? Yah, Kim Seoyeon!"

I whip around with a growl. "What?"

The boy blinks in confusion before his eyes light up in realization. "Oh, not you! I meant the other Kim Seoyeon."

I mutter to myself under by breath. "Story of my life."

"Hey, Sehun!" A perky voice answers and my face falls immediately. 

You know in those chick flicks, there's always this one "queen bee" that ruled the school? Girls like Regina George, Cher Horowitz, and Sharpay Evans? The pretty, perfect, popular girl that everyone is in love with?

Well, at Jeguk High, that queen bee would be Kim Seoyeon. She even dyed her hair blonde, so my references work out perfectly! Not only was she the captain of the school's cheerleading squad, but she was our valedictorian and our student body president too. Her parents were both professors at Seoul University, so she was loaded. To top it off, she was nice. Genuinely, sincerely nice. 

I hear her steps slow down as she came closer to me. My hands grip the books so tightly that I knew my knuckles were white. Please don't talk to me. Please don't talk to me. Please don't-

"Do you need some help with that?"

"Seoyeon, c'mon we've got to get our stuff from Mr. Lee's room before lunch," Sehun urges impatiently. "That girl can handle it."

Yes, listen to Sehun. Hold up. That girl? Ugh.

Seoyeon ignores him, grabbing some of the books from my pile. The burning in my arm subsides a bit as she relieves me of the weight.

"Thanks," I mutter, my eyes glued to the ground. 

"Not a problem, Kim Seoyeon," she giggles, nudging my arm with her elbow like we were best friends or something. Seoyeon had always found it hilarious that we had the exact same name. "Sehun, can you just grab my backpack for me? I'll meet you in the cafeteria."

Sehun grumbles under his breath, sneakers squeaking as he jogs back to the classroom. 

Seoyeon turns to me with a friendly smile. I try to return it, but my face probably looks like I had just on a lemon. "Are you going to the book closet?"

"Yup," I reply shortly.

"Cool! I think it's awesome that you're a library assistant. I wish I had the time to do that, but the squad is super busy these days. It's football season after all."

I give her an unladylike grunt, shuffling as quickly as I could towards the book closet. The door was right in front of me now. Just a few more steps, Seoyeon-

BAM.

The next thing I knew, I was on the floor. My nose was throbbing and I could feel liquid oozing out of it. Letting out a soft groan, I sat up, blinking away the black dots that were floating around my field of vision.

"Seoyeon? Oh my God, are you okay? That door just opened out of no where!"

Before I had the chance to answer, the bell rang. Students flooded out of the classrooms, all of them stopping briefly to gawk at me and snap a picture before heading on their merry way. Their whispers weren't lost on me, no matter how hard I tried to block them out.

"Who is that girl? Why is there blood all over her face?

"It's Kim Seoyeon. Not the smart, pretty one. The regular one."

"C'mon! Was there a fight? Did I miss a fight?"

Gritting my teeth, I stand up shakily, glaring at the gossipers who blatantly stared at me. 

"Seoyeon, you should really go to the nurse," the other Seoyeon gushes, her voice filled with concern. It made me hate her even more. "I can take care of these books."

I nod, wanting to do nothing more than to crawl into a hole and die. Maybe if I didn't stop the nose bleed, I would just... bleed out? 

No, because the ambulance would just take me to the hospital and Seoyeon would donate her blood to me, which would save my life and give people another reason to worship the ground she walked on.

"Seoyeon!"

I automatically look up at my name, only to see a gaggle of soccer players crowd around the other Seoyeon. Hearts were practically shooting out of their eyes as they bent down to pick up the textbooks for her.

"Why are you doing the library assistant's job?" Choi Minho, the goal keeper, asks worriedly. "Carrying these books might damage your arms! What would our team do without our cheerleaders?"

Oh, gee, I don't know... Play, maybe?? 

Another player nods eagerly in agreement. "Did the regular Seoyeon bully you into working for her? You gotta learn to say no, Seoyeon. You're too nice. That's why people like her take advantage of you."

"It wasn't anything like that, guys!" Seoyeon explains quickly, her eyes darting over to me. "She just looked like she was having a hard time with all those books and..."

I didn't stay long enough to finish hearing her stick up for me. As if I needed that! If she had just minded her own business in the first place, then people wouldn't be treating me like I had just murdered their dog. She doesn't see it either! Every time she tries to help me or befriend me, an incident like this happens. I know it's not her fault that everyone is in love with her, but in a way, it kind of is. I know it's not her fault that everyone calls me the regular Kim Seoyeon now, but in a way, it kind of is.

"Excuse me?"

"What?" I snap irritably, continuing my angry march to the nurse's office. The sound of my voice echo through the empty halls. Kids are eager to get to lunch, man.

I hear some shuffling as he quickly catches up to me. Pinching the bridge of my nose tighter, I turn around to face him. "Look, now is not a good time."

I had never seen this boy before in my life, which is weird because our senior class is very small. I only assume he is a senior because he's super tall and he isn't all jittery like the other underclassmen. His eyes are huge, almost to the point of them being creepy, especially since he kept staring into my soul without blinking. But otherwise, he's pretty cute. There is a comfortable and friendly aura about him, kind of like a puppy.

"You're bleeding," he states in his surprisingly deep voice. 

There goes all my good first impressions of him. "Really? I hadn't noticed."

I'm going for the whole fierce, sarcastic, don't-mess-with-me-or-I'll-cut-you tone but it was really hard considering I sound like Squidward.

He smiles sheepishly, shoving his hand in the jacket of his uniform and pulling out a black handkerchief. "Here. Wouldn't want you to bleed out."

"Don't we though?" I mutter, taking the handkerchief suspiciously. I mean, who carries around a handkerchief these days?

The boy must have noticed my hesitant expression because he quickly defends himself. "It's clean, don't worry! And before you judge me, handkerchiefs are way more environmentally friendly than tissues."

I scoff, pressing the fabric up to my nose. "Yeah, but after you use it, you'll be carrying around your snot in your pocket."

"A small price to pay for the polar bears," he counters with a wide grin.

I couldn't help but crack a smile in return. The guy was just so happy that it made you want to be happy! He is like the female Kim Seoyeon.

And there goes my good mood. I automatically frown at the thought, deciding to cut this conversation short. "Anyway, Mr. Tree Hugger, did you need help with something?"

"Oh yeah! I was wondering if you knew where the main office was?"

I nodd, gesturing to the staircase next to us. "Just go up to the second floor and turn left. There's a sign on the door that says "The door may be closed but we are always open!" on it. You'll definitely find it once you're up there."

He smiles gratefully. "Thanks. I thought I was going to wander around this huge school forever."

"They'll get you a map up there, so you won't get lost after this. Anything else? I kind of have to go," I hint, pointing to my nose.

"Oh, I'm so sorry!" he apologizes, his hands up in the air. "I didn't mean to take up so much of your time. Thank you for all your help."

I wave at him slightly. "Not a problem. Good luck on your plan to save the polar bears."

With that, I hustle in the opposite direction down the hall. As I adjust the handkerchief, my fingers brushed up against three letters printed on the corner. 

PCY. 

***

Hey guys! This is the first time I've written anything since middle school, yay. That's my lame excuse for however this thing is going to turn out, lol. Anyway, feedback would be awesome, so feel free to drop me some comments or suggestions, heh.