Chapter One

Blind Date
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

                Dahyun let out a soft sigh as she stepped out of her walk-in closet, wearing a tight navy blue dress. It was the fifth dress she had tried out that afternoon, and all the fitting and changing already stressed her out. Nayeon, her best friend, didn’t look tired even one bit. When Dahyun stepped out of the closet, she tilted her head to the side slightly and looked at her from head to toe.

                “You look okay,” Nayeon commented, nodding her head as she spoke. “But I think the other outfit looks better – the one with the white tank top and the black skirt. It’s better because it emphasizes the colour of your hair tips.” She pursed her lips and motions Dahyun to go back inside the closet. “Change to that and then let’s fix your hair.”

                With a loud groan, Dahyun stepped inside the walk-in closet and started to change. “I just don’t get why I should stress myself out by dressing up for this guy I don’t even know. I don’t even know what he looks like.” She rolled her eyes as if Nayeon could see. She was in the middle of squeezing herself into the tank top when she asked Nayeon, “Have you ever heard of this guy? This… What was his name again?”

                “Wonwoo,” Nayeon responded after a split second, followed by a soft giggle. “Joshua told me a few stuff about him. Josh said he likes to read, and he likes to write stuff, too. I think he’s a gentleman.”

                Dahyun adjusted her skirt and went out of the closet once again, dressed in a white tank top and a skirt. “You know, Nayeon, just because yours and Joshua’s blind date worked out, doesn’t mean mine would.” Dahyun scoffed, taking the time to walk towards the mirror inside her room to stare at herself. She looked okay, but she kept of wondering if she looked “okay” enough to impress this Wonwoo guy.

                “Come on, Dahyun, think of it as another adventure!” Nayeon said enthusiastically. She has been Dahyun’s best friend for God knows how long, and she knew very well that Dahyun likes adventures. It was still clear inside Nayeon’s head that one time when it was 2 in the morning and Dahyun was hungry, so she dragged Nayeon with her to the nearest McDonald’s. Nayeon thought it was over the moment they stepped out of the fast food branch, but Dahyun wanted more and they ended up roaming around the city, observing the pretty city lights whilst enjoying the tranquillity of the city during the wee hours of the night. It was one of the many reasons why Dahyun was so likable – she had a heart for fun things and she always knows how to give people a good time.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter