Each One's Realization

To: Our Dear Tae,
 
 

Suzy and Seokjin were deep in their thoughts— and enduring stillness— all the way to the girl’s dwell. It was unlikely for both of them, since they have known each other for quite long time and none of them actually valued any long hush occurred. However, each had fancied the company given by the moment. At least, no one has to be alone at times like this.

 

“Why didn’t you say anything to him?”

Suzy crossed her arms as still seeing out through the car window, while Seokjin just concentrating to the road ahead. It wasn’t that he didn’t want to answer, hitherto she was recommencing.

“Oppa, don’t you have the heart to be sad, knowing your own brother is going to pass away?”

Seokjin scoffed, “That’s probably the most stupid thing, I think someone had ever asked me.”

“I’m just saying,” she sighed, more or less. “Because you seemed to be okay, even if—“

“Oh really?”

He glanced at her when the vehicle stopped at the last traffic light before the building.

“Well, you never was a person who’s fond of showing much what you had in mind…” She shrugged. “Almost certainly, you’re the most unpredictable person, ever.”

He fixed the glasses’ center at the nose bridge afore responding.

“Take your time to judge me, Suzy-yah…” Shaking his head, he did while kept musing at her, simpering. “You’re the one who lied to him, pretending it was all okay.”

As the last sentence came out of Seokjin’s mouth, Suzy then had fell into her own silence.

 

“Thanks for the ride.”

Suzy said shortly, as she exited Seokjin’s car and the young man was in fact, felt bad for what he stated that caused her being tongue-tied. He dashed after somewhat five seconds to match his pace with hers, shoving his hands to his jeans as she clearly didn’t need to be accompanied.

“You don’t need to walk me to my unit…” She ogled him slightly. “I don’t think Jinri’s home by now…”

He simply chuckled. “That’s not my concern, at least for now… I just think that none of us need any of this negativity, you know?”

“Oppa… I’m sorry for judging you…”

She tried to curve a smile and he did too.

“I’m sorry for saying those things to you.” He watched the steps as both of them starting to walk on the set of stairs. “Actually, I keep thinking about stuffs that maybe, only I know of how much Taehyung had handle the pressure up till now…”

Suzy frowned by jiff as didn’t truly catching up of what Seokjin had meant for.

“Is there anything else that Taehyung hides from me?”

“It’s not really is…” He scratched his not-so-itchy-head and they were reahing the second floor. “Well, I was there when Taehyung had some of his therapy, bone marrow something, I don’t really know… Suzy-yah, you know why I decided to went for college so far away?”

She just shook her head as they remained walking.

“Because I don’t want to see Taehyung took that procedure over and over again…”

“W-what’s wrong when he was taking it?”

She questioned whilst trying to keep the tone stable, didn’t comprehend why she began to sense the daunting.

“When I was there for the first time … I couldn’t stand to listen of his excessive screaming… I saw the nurses were holding for him to not struggling his whole body against it. Taehyung was the most seldom boy to wail in our house, and that time was like, his howl could be heard through the entire hallway…”

He stared to the darkened sky, leaning on to the railings outside the girl’s unit and she was also there, back-facing the wall. Suzy kept listening to Seokjin’s story at the moment.

“My mom knew by that time, I wasn’t ready to watch it, since I’ve been crying along with Taehyung… But, I stayed there instead…’cause I don’t want to leave my brother unaccompanied. I was either closing my ears, or else, my eyes… As long as I know, Taehyung would not be alone after he had gone through all of it.”

He had earnt some more respect from the girl on his side.

“And I never missed any of his treatment day since I was in the eighth grade until not so long after my high school graduation...”

“What made you chose to let that pass later on?”

He simpered, on the go indicated to some extent. “You tell me that you had some of these times, even if sometimes you’re not, when you somehow know what’s going on inside Taehyung’s mind?”

She had barely nodding toward his trivial signs.

“It was one of those and I knew he had it said at me,” heaved a sigh, he partly was beholding her. “To let him die already…”

She could feel the pang right to the center of her core whereas another stillness fell, when Seokjin was wrapping up. They sensed both had quite the same amount of tears pooled on the orbs. But thankfully, the door next to Suzy’s has being opened and the individual was fading away their quiet down.

“Suzy-yah! You’re home…”

Jinri was just in her house clothing, chewing over popcorn from the bucket on her hold, when noting there was another person standing next to her best friend.

“Oh, Seokjin oppa??”

 


 

Taeyong tossed his bag to somewhere near the dining corner as he didn’t change the uniform, deciding to take nap in its place. Even though he couldn’t do right away, he did after a while of turning around his body, with such disordered thoughts drifting to the dreamland. Not having anyone to discourse nearby.

 

Not even an hour he had fallen asleep, the platinum-haired boy then has awoken. For the reason of someone was rummaging the kitchen— and probably its contents as well— as he heard from the half opened bedroom door of his own.

“I don’t remember of cooking something previously, huh?”

Taeyong mumbled, thinking of what sort of smell he currently sniffing en route to the small cooking station. Discerning his big brother, Jaejoong, was having rough time of preparing some meal there, Taeyong rested to the partition trying to lessen the drowsiness.

“How did you get in here?”

He didn’t know exactly what was his hyung attempting to made.

“Taeyong-ah…” His watches turned at the younger whilst he was getting out something from the fryer. The fried chicken might be not golden-crispy-looking such as the ad, but it hasn’t burnt too much likewise. “I hope you’re hungry, and chicken and ramyeon are enough for you…”

The shorter raised an eyebrow to what his hyung pointed on the hold and some at the small eating table. And then, he looked at Jaejoong again.

“Oh this… I took the keys from father when he was… Yeah, you know,”

Taeyong was already sitting on one of the chair when the older put the other meal to complete the board, more or less. As he was quite starving, the younger didn’t waste any time to start digging it.

“Thanks for the meal!”

Jaejoong smiled before he was following what the little brother did.

 

“Hyung,”

Jaejoong shot his brown head up, to get glimpse at his brother crosswise, in between their mealtime.

“Are you going to ask me leaving right now? Can we please finish the food first?” He responded briefly, knowing that was undoubtedly what the younger up to.

Taeyong scoffed and proceeded to slurp the noodle broth. “That’s not it…”

“Okay, then… What’s wrong, Taeyong-ah?”

“Um,” Taeyong was really the type, who couldn’t share what was bothering him unless to people he truly believes in. Yet, this man was the one he used to be close with before Taehyung came into his lifespan.

“Taehyung wants to end his life.”

“Excuse me??” The older almost choked on the chicken thigh he just swallowed as hearing it. He continued to question after gulping a full glass of water. “Taehyung… He’s your friend, right?”

“Yeah…”

“I met him when you just attacked by father last week?”

Once more, Jaejoong observed Taeyong gave him an affirmation. Then, the younger appeared to lose his appetite as he simply watched his hyung retaking the munch.

He resumed toward the younger. “That’s too bad ‘cause I think it’s so rare for you to have a very good friend and he seemed like a good kid…”

“He has like the best and opposing character that ever been added to mine, hyung… I don’t know why he chose to be my friend… Well, my best friend.”

Taeyong shrugged and Jaejoong noticed the brother has lowered his head, probably was detaining the waterworks. Never did he ever seen this side of Taeyong, holding in whatever he needed to be poured out directly from his sentiment.

“Are you okay, Taeyong-ah?”

Jaejong moved to be right next to his brother, as he offered his lean edge and he pulled Taeyong from covering his face with the palms.

“I’m actually mad because he’s giving in to the illness… But, I can’t… But then again, how could he choose to cut all the medication?!” Taeyong’s red and watery eyes were already scanning to his hyung. “And I just found out about this today… Why didn’t he tell me earlier?? Does he ever think of me as his real best friend…?”

“Taeyong-ah,” Jaejoong rubbed his brother’s slender back. “Taehyung must’ve had his own reason for this…” He didn’t know, in fact, what to properly expressed at the moment.

“B-but…” Taeyong rubbed his nose until it gets red, and he resumed. “I’m not ready to lose him, hyung… Never.”

Jaejoong diminished the tense as he encircled the frail upper body of the sobbing brother. And he could feel it was wholly trembling.

“Yes, we will never be prepared to lose someone we care so much about, Taeyong-ah… But, it is good sometimes to let out the emotion rather than just holding it…”

 


 

“Jungkook…”

Taehyung spent more of two hours of the day, sitting on the parquetting and back-facing the access which connected his room to the younger’s. Jungkook locked it for the first time ever— at least, he restrained it with the force of his entire body— and Taehyung had run out for words to persuade to let him in. He needed to talk to Jungkook, or else, he’d never be at ease grasping of how extreme the younger had been reacting.

“Jungkook, open the door please…”

“No…”

He exhaled, hearing such weak answer from Jungkook, right at the other side of the door. He realized the younger’s sobs had to conclude, for practically lasting in the couple hours. Taehyung glued his one ear to the wooden panel, as recommencing the besought.

“We need to talk over this… I need to see your face—”

“N-no need, Taetae hyung…”

Jungkook cut in and Taehyung still made an effort.

“Kookie, I saw your whimpering face for a thousand times, you don’t need to be embarrassed.”

Taehyung curved a slight of his lips edge, hoping that Jungkook did too. Well, turned out he did not nonetheless.

“How could you let yourself dying?” Jungkook asked while he was wavering.

At that time, Taehyung heard the sniffles had beginning once more.

“Jungkook, please… It’s so distressing to hear you crying like that…”

“Hyung,”

Taehyung fixed a side of his face to hear Jungkook more clearly.

“It is so heartbreaking to know that you’re not willing to fight this condition.”

Silence took over them once more, before Taehyung felt the force that was restraining him to go in had missing. He swung the door slowly, finding Jungkook wasn’t there anymore to hold it. He waited at the spot, expecting the younger finished and then go out from the bathroom afore having the change at the walking closet. Then, Jungkook just went by the still standing Taehyung, covering himself with the duvet on the bed. He didn’t realize the older had been observing the swollen eyes of his as blaming himself, deep down, for causing it.

Taehyung, then, took the usual spot, next to the side where Jungkook was lying, whenever he— usually— was being cranky.

“Jungkook… I have explanations for what I’ve been doing—”

“I’m tired, hyung… I want to sleep.”

The younger faced his back to the brother, as Taehyung on the other hand was fixing the warmer that covering the younger.

“Okay, then…” He patted the raven tresses. “I’ll be here till you’re asleep.”

Taehyung didn’t know that even his slight touches could cause another round of waterworks fell on the younger’s cheeks. Jungkook shifted his view to face Taehyung instead, clasping his hyung’s fingers with his own as he was starting to close his eyes, no matter how hard the weeping ran through the face.

“Taetae hyung, please don’t go…”

Jungkook’s wail had took it over and over again. The older crawled on to the bed, taking the brother’s limb to be wrapped by his. As he shushed the younger, yet he knew Jungkook wouldn’t be calmed down until probably God knows when.

“I beg you, hyung… Please, don’t leave me…”

He was thankful that Jungkook been crying inside his chest, as he leaned over the younger’s crown, letting go the tears he has been holding on quite long.

 

It was totally painful for Taehyung, witnessing what he had triggered and what his decision had gotten to the people that he loved. He had only been with Jungkook after one occasion, and not knowing what the others would also do for the time being.

 


 

A/N:

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Sorry for causing you guys sad... :(:(