It Never Us Two

To: Our Dear Tae,
 
 

Jungkook had finished slapping his own face when preparing to get out from the classroom after the final ring of bell on that day. As if it was on cue, Jaehyun and Yugyeom looked at each other afore they were approaching the shortest of three at the most corner desk.

“Hey, Kook…” Yugyeom began the conversation as he sat on the surface, while Jaehyun was standing by the chair. “Wanna hang out with us and, BamBam and WinWin after this?”

The were expecting Jungkook’s typical ‘nope’, because he always decided to go home being his antisocial self.

“Yeah, sure.”

The tallest raised an eyebrow towards Jaehyun who almost had his jaw fell to the floor.

“Really? Kook!” The fairest eyes sparkled when he exclaimed, Yugyeom was sure. “Finally, this is the first time we all be hanging out—”

“Uh, Jae…”

Nevertheless, the boy with round orbs held one of his friends by the arm.

“Can you stay with me for a while? There’s someone I need to see after school and that someone will arrive a bit late…”

Jaehyun signaled to the tallest which he got a shrug in return.

“Only me?”

“You and Yugyeom.” Jungkook pointed out. “Please?”

Yugyeom cleared his throat, standing up and taking his phone from the pocket of his blazer. “I’ll tell BamBam to meet us in front of Kkanbu at… Five… Is that okay?”

“Sure!” Jungkook had eventually withdrew from his seat, grabbing still to the puzzled Jaehyun.

The friend who had his limb clung by the shortest, observed some perspirations on his temple. “You okay, Kook? Are you feeling unwell ‘cause those sweats aren’t looking normal…”

They walked and exiting the class, whereas Yugyeom trailed them, texting and he perceived that as well.

“You’re feeling hot?” Jungkook started flapping and unfastening the hem of his shirt.

“Guess it’s only you though…”

“It’s not even spring, officially, then how come the weather’s hot.” Yugyeom added Jaehyun’s respond to make it clear.

 

Around twenty minutes the boys seated at the central stairs of the school lobby, then there was a girl strutting to their direction— not clothed in uniform— as two of them assumed she was older. Judging for the car keys on hold, she must be somebody already enrolled in college.

To Jaehyun and Yugyeom’s concern, Jungkook was looking even more odd— or, probably more nervous than he was— as he stood up in flash when she was barely at fifteen meters distance.

“Is this the one he has a crush on—” Jaehyun whispered to his best pal and make sure the shorter wouldn’t catch it.

“Which one?”

Yugyeom replied the subject, merely as he started brushing his hair back and already by Jungkook’s side, but then again Jaehyun seized his hand faster.

“The one Jungkook told us like a month ago—”

Their chatter stopped as the girl was right now in front of them. Set aside Jungkook who previously greeted her in stammer.

“Hey, guys…” He carried on by introducing her to his schoolmates. “This is Suzy noona… My… Uh, my—”

Jungkook wanted to hang himself why he should have gained even more stutters.

“Uhm,” he tapped his chest, a bit clumsily. “Suzy noona is my Tae hyung’s girlfriend!”

Jungkook cursed mentally since he shouldn’t refer her that way that loud— he thought the security guards at the main gate would listen to it. Thankfully, she giggled toward his awkwardness, which was in some way he wondered how could she be that oblivious.

Jaehyun, at the other side, nudged Yugyeom who lastly getting what he meant and visibly forming an ‘o’ with his mouth.

Oh!”

The other did the same, “Oh… Hi! Nice to meet you!” He was the first to bow and shake her hand in advance of the tallest.

Those two were smiling ear-to-ear and Jungkook was certain that Suzy would question him of befriending such weirdos.

“Is it okay for me to call you noona? Or, pretty noona would be more decent?”

Yugyeom regretted what he said, by the moment he caught fiery daggers from Jungkook’s squint right at him.

“Suzy noona is fine.” at that point, she moved to Jungkook’s side, facing his friends. “Jungkook, your friends are cute and fun.”

“Yeah, I’m the one who have no fun.”

The person she referred rolled his eyes, gazing at her half-heartedly— or maybe was just she thought of.

Yah… Why are you saying that? I had a lot of fun with you in Japan—"

If only Jungkook could cover the tip of his ears which becoming red.

“Noona, what do you want? Why are you coming?”

“Hey, why don’t we talk about it over coffee? My treat!” She showed up her car keys to Jaehyun and Yugyeom as well. “Who wants to be next to me at the passenger seat?”

The taller two realized that her offer was valid to them, but they needed to cause Jungkook at ease.

“We seriously can’t be separated, so… I need to be next to him… At the back, please? Right, Jae?” Yugyeom answered fast as he linked a support toward the other.

“Sure… Anyway, I got carsick whenever I was at the front.”

Jaehyun gave Jungkook a wink which Suzy didn’t catch for sure. The shortest boy crossed his arms, as in no later, Suzy cued them to start going as she twined her arm naturally inside Jungkook’s. And suddenly, the younger’s-pretend-stern face turned into such crimson and his friends were giving thumbs up from behind, he noticed.

 

“This place is kinda near to Kkanbu, isn’t it?”

Jaehyun elbowed Yugyeom as they exited Suzy’s car and entering the coffee shop. In which Jungkook was already at main counter to make the order.

“Ah! They have milkshake… You like milkshake, aren’t you?”

Suzy said as soon as she settled next to the younger.

“Whatever…” he scoffed. “I’m thinking about drinking coffee… Like an adult.”

The last sentence might be to slow as only himself heard it.

“Jungkook, it says the coco-hazelnut and vanilla are their specialties,” she pointed at the large board menu.

“Noona, I don’t want milkshake right now!”

Yugyeom presently had shoving Jaehyun and gestured to watch them.

“Hello, how may I help you?”

A barista made an appearance as he doubled himself a role as a cashier.

“Hello, can I have a coffee?” Jungkook made his request clear.

“Sure, what kind of coffee do you want?”

“Uh,” he tapped his chin as he rested to lean on the surface. “I actually don’t like bitter taste…”

“Our caffè latte and caramel macchiato are our guests’ favorites—”

“Give me the sweeter and,” Jungkook looked outside through the glass window as it started raining. “The hot one.”

“One hot caramel macchiato for you…” He started tapping on the touch screen monitor.

“Jungkook!”

Jungkook stunned when he felt Suzy’s light slap landed on his shoulder.

“How come you have the same order as mine?” She leaned in to exchange the barista. “Make it two, please.”

He smiled in return of hers, before motioning the other two companies and expecting their choice of beverages.

“I’ll take the chocolate and hazelnut milkshake that my friend didn’t want…”

Yugyeom proceed as Jaehyun wrapped it up. “Make mine the vanilla then.”

 

“So, this is why I bring you here—”

Suzy spoke when their drinks had arrived on the table. Jungkook kept staring at her while crossing his hands, as both his friends were busy admiring the taste they ordered.

“Do you mind if I propose you—”

“What? You’re proposing me?!”

Jungkook’s eyes went wide as Yugyeom spurted some of the chocolate liquid to Jaehyun by his side. The two were about to argue by themselves, but the scene of Jungkook began melting on his seat was much more interesting than that.

“Jungkook, I’m trying to make this formal…” Suzy cracked a titter by seeing his reaction. “I’m proposing you to be my psychology music research subject. So, I’ll be seeing you a lot in the next two months, that’s why I ask if you don’t mind.”

“Oh… Wow,”

Jaehyun and Yugyeom overlapped what supposed to be Jungkook’s as they substituted their concern for Jaehyun’s stained shirt.

“Why me?”

Jungkook probed after sipping some of his hot beverage. Thank God, it was still a bit burning so he barely could feel his tongue. He wished it could alter the overheat of his face as he was embarrassed of the previous misunderstanding.

“They suggest someone’s still in transition so, a first-year student like you would definitely fit the requirements.”

“You’re in a first year and in a transition from high school to college as well.” The younger snorted.

“Yes, but someone in your age would have much more dynamic and varies in terms of behavior, so it should be more fascinating for the project. You’ve been having lots of mood swings, haven’t you?”

Jungkook sighed although what Suzy was saying was right.

“What are we going to do then?” he carried on, striving to appear unwilling, tossing the napkin and thinking to order some brownies in all of a sudden.

“Great! So, are you agreeing with me?”

Jungkook nodded and Suzy beamed as reply, before she glanced at Jaehyun and Yugyeom.

“My two friends are still needing subject, too… If you two don’t mind…”

“It depends,” Yugyeom raised an index. “Are they as pretty as you, too? Ow!—”

He paused and rubbed the back of his head which just been hit by Jaehyun.

“I’ll bring them with me when I see Jungkook tomorrow…” Suzy smiled, fully turning to the taller boys. “But, I’m sure they are prettier than me.”

“Yeah, right.”

They all turned to Jungkook, who quickly sipped the rest of his macchiato, converting their focus.

 

The rounded orbs boy actually scoffed that way because for Jungkook; Suzy is the prettiest amongst all and no way her friends would outshine her. Even the miss universe couldn’t beat the older who was now was on his side. Well, it’s all in Jungkook’s own little head.

 

“Wait, so you’ll be seeing me again tomorrow?”

He asked Suzy and she turned to him once more.

“Yeah… Or, you want to meet my friends first just in case you want to switch?”

“No!”

Jungkook could say it louder and everyone in the coffee shop, both levels and even to the boutique next to it, would hear his veto. He would also punch Jaehyun and Yugyeom right to their faces because he hated that devilish grin he’s been given.

“W-what kind of stuff we would be doing?”

It was the nth time Jungkook tried to avert others’ concentration to his mumbles.

“Well, I’m gonna start writing tomorrow because I don’t have my notes… But, I can do it now by asking the easiest question… What is your favorite genre?”

“Um,” Jungkook tapped his fingers to the wooden board. “Alternative rock.”

He vowed to any Deity he ever believed in, he had never been that offended except to how Jaehyun cracked his guffaw by this time.

“Sorry, man…” He finally explained after wiping some happy-mocking-tears, he guessed. “Can’t help it… But, I swear to God I saw only pop, dance music in your library… Like Ohh Ahh, Ice Cream Cake and Fantastic Baby!”

He knew Suzy held her laughter in, perhaps she didn’t want to make him mad. “It’s okay, Jungkook… Every genre has its own perks for this study.”

“, I remember I heard you humming Me Gustas Tu!” Yugyeom included afore hooting and almost stumbled.

Jungkook, seriously questioned deep within why did he even friends with them. As later he became Jaehyun and Yugyeom’s joking material when they hung out.

 


 

The next day, Suzy was driving with her friends as their noise increased bit by bit seeing where they would be heading at.

“I still can’t believe we’re not allowed to use the same subject for our assignment…” Jinri huffed as she supported her cheeks in between the front seaters occupied by Suzy and Jisoo.

“Professor Jung never stated that this is a group project,” Jisoo responded as she realized they were approaching the destination. “Whoa! Your school is even better than in pictures…”

“Don’t worry babe… I’ll be with you every time you need to work on this project.”

Suzy peeked at the rearview, to the unexpected addition of this bunch. “Remind me why you should tag along with us, Park Jinyoung?’

“Hey, it’s quite long since the last time I visit my high school…”

Jinyoung reverted as Jisoo, now, throwing him doubt.

“Did you realize we just got in to college for a couple months?”

“Hey, Jisoo… I haven’t known you well as much as Suzy, so please don’t start with me ‘cause I can’t dissed you like I did to her.”

Jinyoung pouted, even though he kept surrounding a hand to Jinri’s waist. But then, he provided another reason. “I’m finished with classes, anyway—”

“I salute your attempt to create a white lie, but I’m sure Jaebum has to attend the Introduction of Contemporary Writing class before we left…”

“Since when did you give a damn care about Jaebum?”

Jinyoung then had such triumphant smile, as he knew Suzy would shut up once he brought up Jaebum on the table. He identified this friend didn’t fancy to be correlated with the lad. Because Suzy always insisted that she has a boyfriend as she was very loyal and loving toward the individual.

 

The boyfriend she always talked about, turned out was strolling at the lobby with his best friend when they arrived.

“Hi, what a surprise!”

Taehyung had cheerily spread his arms, as he welcomed Suzy with a tight hug. Soon he realized he was still wearing the uniform and she also tapped his back awkwardly, having few eyes fixated at them. Taeyong waved at her briefly, telling nothing about the sudden appearance.

“Too bad we have schedule until nighttime starting this week, well, if you are here to see me.”

Taehyung gave her the boxy smile whereas she ruffled his brown locks.

To that, she shook her head. “Ugh, the intensive started, huh?” Taehyung nodded then. “I’m sorry, honey… But, I’m here to see Jungkook—”

“What?”

Taehyung didn’t even have his invisible question mark, yet Taeyong was already speaking on behalf of him.

The fine-looking guy then, began searching for another act.

“Hey, I know you!” By means he was intending to annoy Jisoo who seemed indifferent knowing he was there. He greeted the other two as well. “Hi, Jinyoung hyung! How’re you doing, Jinri noona?”

“I have this psychological music project which I decided, to do my research with Jungkook. He already said yes, I asked him yesterday.”

“Okay.” Taehyung responded shortly. “It’s like he’s your some kind of specimen?”

“Not like that, honey…” Suzy explained since she thought Taehyhung didn’t adore the idea of she treated the younger such as that. “I’ll be spending one to two hours of my day with Jungkook… So—”

“You’re saying you will spend everyday with my little brother for this task?”

“No… Not every day, at least Monday to Friday and I won’t bug Jungkook for this on weekend… I need to monitor his actions closely.”

“Then, the weekend is going to be it as well… Alright.” Taehyung chuckled frivolously and he recognized Taeyong’s perception at him even though he kept pestering Jisoo.

It was before a firm voice of an adult man startled them.

“Don’t you boys have the extra courses began already in ten minutes??”

Taehyung was the first to be alarmed. “Sorry, Mr. Principal! I’m here because Taeyong dragged me to show off his girlfriend! She’s older and she’s coming from the National Uni, look!” he directed at the best friend who quickly frowned— both him and Jisoo did the same though.

“What?”

The word kept repeating for only God knows of how many times, even from Seokjin who apparently just came in.

“What?”

The eldest fixed the glasses on his nose bridge, looking back and forth to the younger and Jisoo. No one knows the truth which Seokjin tailed Suzy’s car because he saw those people were entering the vehicle after classes and Seokjin was a loner at Uni as he didn’t have that many same age friends. Not to mention, he still had this tiny ray of hope that he could make a proper move toward Jisoo.

Taehyung did a quick cheerio to her girlfriend before sprinting back to the building.

“See you!”

She didn’t get to reply as she heard Taeyong’s curses whilst dashing to grab Taehyung. “Goddamn it, Tae! Why should you slander me??”

 

The 2Tae bumped into Jungkook and his friends on set of steps and avoiding to be disciplined by their teacher.

“Hi, Kookie! My girlfriend is at the lobby waiting for you!”

Jungkook stupefied as he forgot to tell Taehyung the matter even though they were living under the same roof. He watched the back of the older when he rushed through the stairs, as his best friend followed right after.

“, your brother is fast for someone’s sick…”

Taeyong grabbed the younger’s shoulder as he took a moment to catch a breath. Causing Jaehyun and Yugyeom refrained to be on Jungkook’s side, not wanting to be involved with the dreadful senior. Taeyong might be kind toward Jungkook now, but he still gave everyone else that killer stare everytime they looked into his eyes.

They did anyway when Taeyong continued the running by the next minute.

 

Jungkook reached the school lobby with his school buddies, encountering a bit more of people he expected to be there. He even wondered why his Seokjin hyung was present chatting to one of Suzy’s friends.

Well, it could be more than before and probably being alone with Suzy would take chance, but not today.

 


 

A/N: I just wanted to write something today and this stuff came up in three hours... so, it's not the major part of the story because I just wanted to post some writings...

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Bae Suzy is just too beautiful, I think I'm obsessed too much for this girl...


Sorry, it's been depressing these past couple days... No need for me to mention, but you guys know what happened... I even logged out from my social medias because people keep talking about it and I can't watch it for any longer... His group was the one that brought me into this— well, it was a very sad day.

I really need something to cheer me up and one of it just updating this story :')

 

If you don't mind please leave comments... Thanks!

 

xoxo,