The Fault in All of Us

To: Our Dear Tae,
 
 

Suzy sighed as Joohyun paced quite fast despite her much tinier frame compared to hers. It was almost ten pm in local time and the street was not as busy as it was on the day, yet she had many things resounded in her mind. She cursed Taeyong for bringing up the matter to her precious Joohyun eonni and now, there was another person— say, Seokjin— who’d be not reckoning her the same after the younger male exposed the dishonor. Let alone, she loathed Taehyung must be having the recollection once more, as who said he had let it go fully since before. And don’t start by that expression Jungkook gave her every time the subject came upon. Even Suzy would be staring at herself with that same, distasting, look.

 

The older girl didn’t expect her cousin to follow and leaving the scene, as she was looking at her with such serious gaze, plus the subtle grip by her elbow. “Eonni, there are few things I need to make clear…”

“Suzy-yah, I get it… I don’t need you to clear up this mess for that jerk.” Joohyun answered, withholding the tears already gathered on her beautiful verge. She was upset for sure. However, no one can blame her for what she caught by the first impression, as Taeyong was far for being unattractive person.

It was just his persona that was out of this world, which turned out sort of dangerous and damn, he was a smooth talker.

Suzy’s heart sunk when she observed Joohyun was crying her heart out. She probably didn’t comprehend of how the older was truly hurt, as well as the equal embarrassment made in front of others. She looked around to find unoccupied seaters on the roadside and then, escorted Joohyun to be calmed down there.

 

At times like this, Suzy pondered of how she used to protect Joohyun from bullies at their primary school. The younger was a little tall at early age and probably was the tallest girl in the neighborhood. Suzy was not so feminine compared of how Joohyun behaving based on the fairy tale she loved as a child. They both were blessed with extraordinary genes by their stunning visuals ever since little, but Joohyun was much more reserved than Suzy ever was.

Suzy’s confidence— and sometimes, her will to intimidate other people— could be clearly seen at her second year, when she defended Joohyun as few kids were mocking her oversized school uniform. Joohyun’s petite form and her pale skin were mostly easy target, as then the overwhelming Suzy came to shout endlessly at her friends. Hence no one noticed she was, actually, three years younger than all of them.

The bullies ran away because Suzy kept threatening them with the notebook on hold and she rolled one of her sleeves to be even more daunting at that age. Joohyun thought for a sec, her younger cousin watched a bit much boys cartoon on weekends.

No one can ever do something bad to my eonni…”

The little Suzy said to, even, littler Joohyun when they both returned to each their class after break.

Joohyun smiled hearing what she perceived earnestly from the younger. “Thank you, Suzy-yah…” Nonetheless, she spoke what came through her guiltless thinker back then. “But, eomma said you can not do something bad either to bad people…

Suzy frowned toward the older statement. Therefore, she reminded one or two of Joohyun’s classmates were about to cry when she threatened to hit them with her book earlier.

Promise me, you won’t scare any of my friends anymore—"

Unless they were scaring you, eonni.

Joohyun beamed as Suzy did the same when they twined their pinkies. On that day, Joohyun was assured to be able to stand more to herself. Whereas Suzy learnt that everything she considered right, might have the chance to be wrong in other’s perspective.

 

Suzy felt the same right at the moment, hereafter the entire ruckus that she could be as well, at fault.

“Eonni, what he said about me and him—"

“I know that was all bull,” Joohyun spoke to her, followed by throwing the used tissue at the nearest bin. She considered the look Suzy had by now wary, that was why she added. “Wasn’t it?”

The younger shook her head. “It’s true, we slept together… A few times.” Suzy was on her foot, shoving her hands to her denim pocket, tilting her head when facing the seated other.

As Joohyun was processing it to be fitted within her notion, Suzy has carried on. “At first we were drunk… And then, it happened… Over and over again… I’m always sober then…speaking about who was the jerk, well, that could be me.”

The older raised an eyebrow at her, “O-okay… And why is that?”

Suzy shifted her view to the night sky, which by then didn’t fill with the stars. Not clichély exquisite as what they said, reflecting her life that seemed perfect, until somebody came to it and beginning to know about her true nature. Not even Jinri, her best friend, had ever gotten this side of story. As they met under the circumstance where Suzy was all set to be appeared as her faultless self.

By now, her whole confession was simply referred to Joohyun, someone who knew her even longer and better compared to anyone else. Only to her, Suzy would not conceal her flaws, which she had a lot as she would still be uptight to other individuals.

“And you know what?” Suzy simpered when she returned the gaze to her cousin. Edge of her lips twitched upwards, with hands resting on her waist. “I did that when I was actually in love with his best friend… Later, we’re finally dating… And then, there was the day when my boyfriend found out… But then again, he was somehow letting it pass and easily forgiving both of us…” She dropped her back to the bench rest as she faced the still confused Joohyun. “Eonni, do you think I’m having the good time of my life and I will get my karma for whatever bad things I’ve done?”

Joohyun had unexpectedly giggled as she got the sway, Suzy was still the same for thinking too much referring to what’s good or bad.

“Suzy-yah…” she fixed some of the fallen tresses of the younger and brush it to the back of her ear. “It’s true that every action would follow by its own consequences… But, if everything turned out to be good, as I think the good luck had always been with you… Why don’t you just embrace it without thinking of what will comes next? That’s the beauty of life though, you never know what’ll happen.”

Suzy rested her chin over a palm. “Yeah… But, I don’t think I deserve that much love—”

“Hey,” Joohyun kiddingly shoved her by temple before wrapping her arm again over the younger’s limb. “Everyone deserves to be love, with no exception.”

“Yeah, but I—"

Joohyun cut her cousin’s line once more. “And I don’t think your boyfriend was letting it go easily, speaking of how he was reacting back there…”

The younger brows had almost knitted into one, as she remembered Taehyung was as calm as he always had in amidst of their fight.

“What do you mean, eonni?”

“He was about to punch Taeyong right on his painfully— gorgeous— face, I think…”

“No.” Suzy retorted. “He was quiet and steady at his spot, like always.”

At once, Joohyun was contemplating. “Your boyfriend was the youngest of those three, wasn’t him?”

“J-Jungkook?” Suzy stuttered with no reason for sure. “The one with big, round eyes?”

“I don’t really mind the name…” Joohyun was probably too caught up with the finest-looking male, back at the amusement park. “But, you both were escaping from us, so I thought—"

“No, no… No, Jungkook is totally not my boyfriend!”

Joohyun had no idea why Suzy was now panicking, as she would feel the tingling coming through her spine and never did she supposed to see that of the youngest one. She wasn’t sure enough whether the new identification led her to the very wrong way. Suzy bared in her mind that Jungkook was an eternal baby as she threw away of every thought to regard him such as that.

On the other side, Joohyun couldn’t break her laugh up till she parted with Suzy, as later the cousin walked her to the nearest bus stop.

 

 

“I’m sorry.”

Suzy stated— as per her usual reluctant tone— in the next morning, towards Taeyong who almost choked on his bottled water when they bumped into at the dining space.

The younger guy might be not fully awakened from his sleep, yet somehow, he sensed it was definitely not a dream. He merely nodded, promptly as she was continuing.

“And I forgive you… Just in case.”

She shrugged and again, Taeyong coughed since the water has mixed into his inhalation. He thanked God he didn’t splashed it to the older in front of him.

“What was that for?” Taeyong probed a while after his cough session ended.

Suzy noticed he was scratching his messy bed crown, except she felt nothing toward the super attractive being that she was facing.

The older of the two then smiled. “For whatever I did to you… I guess some of it weren’t right.”

Taeyong knew his hair was not itchy at all, thus the anxiety began as Suzy was so nice to him that she made him awfully uneasy.

“You didn’t accept my forgiveness even when I begged at you like— ow!"

Suzy stopped Taeyong’s babble as she jokingly slapped the back of his head.

 

At the kitchen doorstep, Seokjin was forcefully hauled by his younger brothers. The second child has covered his mouth, as the youngest dragged him by the arm.

He, then, eyed both Taehyung and Jungkook in advance of fixing his glasses. “What the hell is going on in here?? You guys know something that I don’t, huh?”

Taehyung just locked his stare at Jungkook before they had the alike, suppressing grin.

“And they really did have an affair?”

“Uh,” Taehyung raised an index, stopping midway and could not was resuming.

“Better we don’t talk about it.” Jungkook then responded with an eyebrow raised.

 

 

Another— thankfully, normal— day of the trip had spent and then, it was the time for them returning to the homeland.

 

From the lodging to KIX and even in the flight to Seoul, five of them still full of the positive energy as were chitchatting all the way. It was the opposite as they were going back from Incheon airport by the car.

The second Kim son glanced to the sleepy Suzy, who was seated— ironically— in between him and Jungkook. Seokjin and Taeyong were already snoozing respectively in the middle seater, ever since they picked up by Mr. Oh.

At the same time, Jungkook was staring at the older girl without him noticing where Taehyung kept his eyes on. In not so long, the only girl was dozing in such uncomfortable position as she was retaining to not lean her head by either side.

It took Taehyung a jiff before he chose to hold the girlfriend’s and then direct her to fall on to the younger’s shoulder. His action was right at the point, causing Jungkook’s orbs intensified and questioning Taehyung with a look.

Hyung, why did you do that?

He surely could interpret what the younger expressed, in every possible way.

Well along, Jungkook could do nothing since Suzy was in now a deep sleep, clasping onto his black jumper’s sleeve.

 

Taeyong was the first passenger to be dropped at his apartment complex. He smirked so teasingly when watching what happened at the back of his seat, before exiting the vehicle.

Oh!” the older has inoffensively aimed at Jungkook, who seemed awake when everyone had eventually drifted to the dreamland. “You’re enjoying this, aren’t you?”

Even though the youngest knew Taeyong tried to hide the excitement by doing the not-so-well whispering, he quickly mumbled. “Shut up, hyung… Please just go off,”

Taeyong wriggled his eyebrows as enjoying to make fun of him. “You made such a good move… Your Taetae hyung must be proud—”

“Go away!”

Jungkook swiftly moved forward, but Taeyong was faster to make the exit. A sudden shift he caused, and Suzy was stirring, in no later than she opened her eyes.

“J-Jungkook?”

“Hi noona,”

Suzy blinked a couple times in which Jungkook grinned nervously, before then she made a quick pull to take her head off his shoulder.

“How long have I been asleep?” She asked, almost hitting the sleeping Taehyung behind.

“Um… Not too long—"

“See you later guys!”

Taeyong hollered and surprised both, as he was taking his luggage from the car trunk. Taehyung and Seokjin have woke up when the finest-looking one bid them later goodbye in front of his building.

 

 

First day going back to college as Suzy was seated with Jinri and Jisoo, nagging about the papers assigned to everyone. It was at their lunch break, as each of them were slumping their head on the cafeteria table.

“Where’s Jinyoung now when I need him the most?” Jinri spoke to her equally, dispirited looking friends.

“You said he had class until two,” Jisoo sighed. “Remind me again why we were given this task?”

No one answered up till the next minute, Suzy raised her head and supported it with one hand on the board. “Apparently, psychology connects well with music…”

“Screw psychology! It’s not even our mandatory course—”

Jinri put a stop afore Jisoo could finish her sentence. “Yeah, but it can boost twenty to twenty five percent of our final score… So, you didn’t finish now, then you need to retake it in next semester.”

Jisoo pouted because what Jinri saying was right.

On the other hand, Suzy scrolled her iPhone to find something more interesting than keep complaining about the assignment.

“Can’t I be tasked for a final-year-student as alternative?”

Yah!” Jinri snapped her fingers toward the two whom sitting across. “Taehyung has a younger brother, isn’t he?”

The middle of three raised an eyebrow, realizing she had now both Jinri and Jisoo’s focus.

“What?” she asked back, right when something clicked in her mind, but she didn’t want to bring it up.

“Can Taehyung help us so that his brother is willing to be the object?”

Suzy hated sometimes Jinri knew too much of stuff.

“You mean subject, Choi Jinri… Come on, Jungkook is not a thing.”

Least to say, she felt the tingling was coming back as the name had come into the surface.

Jinri was intending now to behold her with such phony puppy eyes, “It doesn’t affect me like you did to Jinyoung…” Then, to Jisoo she shifted the view.

“Please, Suzy-yah…”

Suzy scoffed as she began to scroll the contact list to find that particular number, which it wasn’t Taehyung’s as expected by her friends.

“You got to be joking me—”

She grumbled although still proceeding to press the call button.

 


 

A/N: Helloooooo my lovely readers HOW R U???

XD XD

 

One of the Bae goddesses got to sign out right now...

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Please anticipate more in the upcoming chapter :D

 

xoxo,