To Self Purpose

To: Our Dear Tae,
 
 

The sun has inclined to where it’d be set in another few hours. Suzy and Jungkook had spent almost an hour sitting on the same spot, watching many people passing by. Both of them were waiting for their group concluding whatever they planned to the vastly, provided attractions.

“You want to start walking and looking for them?” Suzy put her emptied, faux mug on the gap in between herself and the younger.

“Looking for them or, making sure that Taeyong hyung doesn’t hit on your cousin?” The other snickered, in advance of beholding to the ground when Suzy had him as her entire focus. Jungkook squeezed the tip of his jumper as he was feeling jittery whenever she was setting her eyes on him.

She hummed, “I think my eonni has better taste in men that she wouldn’t fell for a jerk,”

“A better taste than yours?”

Jungkook bit his lower lip when Suzy kept staring at him and not so long, she simpered. “Come on… Will you let go that certain slip of mine? I made mistake and I never had any intention to consider him that way, Jungkook… I—”

“Alright, alright, I understand…” Jungkook signed her to stop by raising his palm.

In a matter of fact, he hated to bring up that case, which had to force him feeling sort of hot by his head and it stung just by the picture of those two being together. Actually, he couldn’t visualize Suzy to be with anyone else, but him. Even Jungkook would acknowledge by now, he began to dislike the image of her with his favorite Taetae hyung.

So selfish, Jungkook spoke to himself.

In which it made him realized, something so wrong must be happening within his head and most probably, inside his-now-burning chest.

The younger didn’t comprehend that presently, he was looking so annoyed toward the only person he wanted to appear at his very best state. Suzy furrowed her brows for the way the other’s mood turned downhill as he was all smiley, merely a couple minutes before.

He muttered, “I’m hungry, I want to eat.”

Suzy did follow where she assumed, the sulking Jungkook went with his hands stuffed in his pockets.

 

There was a certain level of selfishness Jungkook sensed dominating him. He walked and walked up till reaching this one eating place, a bit faraway from where he knew his hyungs and the others were still lining up for some ride. Maybe it was his subconscious that chose to buy some more time alone to be with the only soul he ever desired.

 

Jungkook was weird, well, every member of the Kim’s family was not that normal compared to ordinary people Suzy had chanced upon. The idea of her going to the gift shops would be better since she never did relish being with someone spoiled as this particular one. She could make a detour to enjoy the park for herself as she didn’t feel like eating though. However, she was dubious why she decided to spend time with Jungkook rather than being alone and having some secluded while. In the depth of her thought, Suzy supposed; it was also weird that she didn’t want to lose the sight of Jungkook amidst this sea of people, which started filling up even before themselves knew.

 

Suzy looked up to find the diner was already in different part of the park, as she let her steps followed where Jungkook led the way. They didn’t share a word through the stroll, whereas the older grasped Jungkook must be sulking so bad that he didn’t want to turn around and see her still trailing him wherever he goes.

“What do you want to eat?” Jungkook finally gave a few words to her and it somehow lessened the strain they went for an interval.

“Um,” Suzy rubbed her chin for a guess. “I’ll have the vanilla milkshake and fries, please.”

“I’ll have the same, with one double cheeseburger.”

Jungkook talked at the cashier and when he was about to pull out his wallet, Suzy was already showing her card to proceed the payment.

“It’s on me.” She said casually while leaning on the counter where Jungkook couldn’t take his eyes off the girl.

“Why?”

“Because I’m older.”

Jungkook exhaled as listening to the sole reason he loathed to come out from .

“You should stop using that on me.” He turned around and rested his elbows to where she leaned next to him.

“Jungkook, I’ll always be older than you and that wouldn’t change—” Suzy paused because she comprehended him was shooting her a look, which it seemed he was about to snap. “What?” she profoundly questioned.

“But, I am getting older, too… And you should see me differently since I’m no longer that kid you used to know.”

“You’re Taehyung’s little brother, Jungkook… He sees you as his baby, always, and so might well as I will—”

“There.” The air of tension hung again and Jungkook indicated to where he wanted it to be his point. “I don’t want you to look at me that way.”

Suzy felt her lips stiffened as she sensed the alteration of stare, intensified by the younger and he clearly now had it towards her. At the moment she realized, it was true Jungkook was not the same person equaled to the one she had aware for a long time ago.

 

Suzy cursed inside for the huge portion of fries in front of her, which she strived to finish not even half of it by then. She glanced across the table, Jungkook was down to two bites of his burger and when she looked at her food, she was still far-off it. She shoved the serving plate to the younger who eventually retorted,

“Why you should follow me here if you’re not that hungry?”

Damn, Suzy assumed the boy was suddenly gaining an ability to read her mind. She stayed silent for a jiff and then she replied, “I’m kinda hungry, but I think your eating capacity is twice as mine.”

Jungkook sneered ahead of taking her food. “This will be half yours and half mine.”

“I’m seriously full, Jungkook—”

“You need to eat more before taking the ride.”

“What ride?”

The younger paused afore answering. “Noona, you don’t come here just to drink butterbeer and having fast food…” he chuckled. “We’re going to play after this.”

Even though Suzy was puckering, she didn’t know why she haven’t utter any refusal toward it.

 

Barely they were going after spending each an hour lining up in front of the backwards roller coaster and Jurassic Park Ride, Suzy and Jungkook were seeking for a bench to sit. Jungkook’s round orbs were surveying around, just in case the other people who were entering the place with them appeared out of nowhere.

Jungkook stole a glance to the grumbling girl who was searching for some tissue inside her satchel. “You don’t really like going to theme park, huh?”

Suzy responded right after she closed the flap to dry a bit of her hair, as an outcome of water splash from the last. “I hate the overlong line-up only for a five-minute ride.”

She didn’t realize Jungkook was really— like really— can’t stop staring when she was just busy drying out her tresses. Whereas the younger was thinking of what could stalling them even more.

“Noona, what if we go somewhere else—”

Suzy was not paying enough attention and instead was taking out a device from her bag. “Shoot! My phone’s dead…” she threw a look to the younger then.

Jungkook took his iPhone out from the pocket and handed it to her.

Suzy shook her head, “Call your hyung and tell him, I’m going crazy if I stay here any longer.”

“Which one?”

“Whichever who can take me out from here.” She said firmly and added, “Please.”

Jungkook prayed for the love of any God he ever believed in his whole life, so that none of his hyungs care enough to pick up as probably were still occupied in an attraction. Therefore, his hyungs being engaged on any ride would bring the luck to his side. He tried to call thrice, both to Seokjin and Taehyung, and thankfully none of them were picking up.

“I think they’re too busy playing and not listening to their phone.”

Jungkook pocketed his device and saw Suzy looked from place to place. Subsequent him carried it on,

“I can take you out from here and we can go wherever you’d like.”

“And then we leave your hyungs, my eonni and Taeyong by taking the driver and the car?”

The way Suzy curved the edge of her lips caused Jungkook did the same with his.

“We can use the public transportation.”

Suzy frowned at the younger. “Are you sure?”

“Yeah, it can be cool to experience the city like locals.” Jungkook was already on his feet when saying that.

“Okay, then.” And that came out of her faster than he expected.

By the time the two of them were crossing the main entrance, Jungkook had left a message to someone.

 

To: Taetae hyung

Suzy noona is safe with me. Don’t you worry 😊

 

Suzy and Jungkook were being tourists, exploring the city in the late afternoon, depending their life on every map provided at each station. It took them more than the supposed forty-five minutes, since they needed a while to decide the train ticket, or separating bills to put inside the automatic machine. It was fun though, no matter how long they went through compared to people who were regulars.

It took them a little bit more than an hour to finally reach the main city landmark, the Osaka Castle. There was thirty minutes left before the entry will be closed, yet Jungkook slowed down his pace when passing a store in the middle of the extensive, front grounds.

“Feeling thirsty?” Jungkook asked, wondering.

“Are you thirsty?” Suzy answered him, air-quoting the last word whereas both knew exactly what he wanted to do visiting the store.

Suzy giggled by watching Jungkook took a couple of sandwiches from the shelves. Her guess was spot-on and Jungkook seemed a bit embarrassed because she kept laughing on his actions.

“Noona, I’m still growing, you know?” he expressed in a mix of sweet and pampered voice. Then his stare deepened when his suspicion increased toward her non-stop beam. “But, I’m not a kid anymore.”

Suzy grabbed a pack of lemon tea as she messed with the younger’s hair. “Whatever you say, Jungkook.”

 

Their next destination was Dotonbori as Suzy claimed there was something she kept thinking from last night near the favorite tourist spot. There was a thing about girls that they normally couldn’t forget stuff they wanted to buy in a first place, no matter how much they attempted to forego.

The guy was being good as he could, and he enjoyed it because it means he was spending more time with her. He was following where Suzy took them, occasionally making stop to where they passed some shoe store as his preference. At one fell swoop, Jungkook was making sure he never let his focus off the girl, unless he wanted to lose her from the adding number of crowd as the night was commencing later.

He could only manage to not hold Suzy’s hand in amidst all of that, or else, she would mistakenly consider the whole idea of the two of them going out. That was why Jungkook kept pocketing his hands to his own and next to it, he ignored a ring or two that coming from his phone.

 

From: Taetae hyung

Hyung believes you’d take a good care of her.

 

From: Jin hyung

Hey little brat

Where are you?

Why didn’t you pick up my call?

 

Jungkook had seen Suzy exiting the store crossways the last shoe shops he visited. He perceived she brought two quite huge paper bags and he offered to bring it for her since he didn’t buy anything from visiting any of his preferred stores. The older refused, but in the end, she handed him one of it so that they could be even. They continued the stroll to that one busy street when Suzy was doing what Jungkook usually did; eyeing the huge convenience store across the road.

“If I say now I want to eat there,” she pointed out before looking at him. “Will you be mad at me?”

Jungkook hummed, hands stayed still in the pocket. “Japanese has their best products at the convenience store, so why would I say no if you want to go there?”

She was grinning when he glanced at her. By then, the red light turned green for them to do the crossing. Suzy had naturally wrapped her arm inside the younger’s, and by that, Jungkook has almost tripped.

 

Suzy caught Jungkook was holding a bottle of sake when she approached him after taking one pack of soft bread and an onigiri.

“You’re not drinking this, Jungkook.”

“Why?” He retook the clear blue bottle that she just put back to the rack.

“Because,” she clearly stated. “You’re only sixteen.”

“You’re allowed to drink this year, right?”

“I’m not in the mood to drink any right now.”

Now that Suzy guessed Jungkook, the younger could pull off such puppy look, which made her almost giving in to his request.

“Please buy this for me.”

Suzy crossed her arms, shaking her head and feeling incredulously to the demand.

There was a short cycle of them going through it for some minutes and later, she conceded as people started giving them suspicious look.

Jungkook flopped himself excitingly to one of the stools as Suzy placed the clear blue bottle to the counter. She set aside the rest of what she purchased, and sighed— since her purpose to be here was to eat, not to oversee a teenager having his first sake, or maybe his first ever alcoholic drink.

“I stole a sip from Jin hyung’s last week… It was a red wine and it tastes kinda sweet,” Jungkook told her stirringly, especially when he saw her pouring the sake to one of the paper cup she attained and said to fill it with coffee.

“Jungkook,” Suzy lifted the cup and, yet she restrained to really hand it to the younger. “Only this one time and you cannot have more of it. Not until you’re allowed to do so, three years from now… Promise?”

The boy didn’t pay much attention as he barely was nodding, in advance of finishing the drink at once.

“Whoa, it tastes even sweeter than the wine.”

“Hey!” Suzy snatched the bottle from Jungkook’s grip, as soon as she saw him about to take another round.

At the same time, Jungkook was wrapping his fingers on top of hers and he sensed such electrifying feels he never experienced before.

“Jungkook, your phone’s ringing.”

Suzy said, and the moment was over when Jungkook couldn’t cover Seokjin’s name showing up on his iPhone screen.

 

Turned out, his hyungs and the others were already at the neighborhood as they reached the exact convenience store in less than twenty minutes. Seokjin was judging Suzy hard as he reckoned she was the one intended to buy the alcohol with Taehyung and Jungkook surrounding her.

“You’re buying Jungkook this sake?” Taeyong jumped in beholding the scene upfront. “That’s awesome—”

His comment stopped when Suzy stuffed the leftover rice ball to his mouth. Joohyun laughed along as she found it hilarious and she joined her younger cousin, sitting on the next stool. Each of them were busy picking some snacks and they finished it until there was nothing left on their side of counter.

The youngest of the bunch felt a thin arm twining his nape when later all of them were exiting the conbini to proceed to the van.

“You can’t wait until hyung dies, aren’t you?”

The smirk Taehyung have had resulting shivers in all over Jungkook’s spine. Words stuck at the tip of his tongue as he couldnt respond well to the older by that time.

 


 

A/N: If you don't fancy the majority of these two maybe you can wait a bit longer for the next chapter :p

 

  

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Don't forget to leave comments 주세요!!!