Ideas

To: Our Dear Tae,
 
 

Jungkook was yawning— well, it wasn’t that he did it often at class, in fact it was like, at all times.

It was somewhere around the last period when he notified that his friends— by means only Jaehyun and Yugyeom— seemed were having good times to get along with the new students. All he wanted that the bell would ring soon then he could be going home. Jungkook never liked school in the first place.

Ultimately it happened, the sound he waited the whole day had finally echoed through the entire building. Jungkook took his bag after they’ve done briefing for the next school project and he intended to say goodbye to his school buddies. It was when he noticed there were missed calls from Seokjin and one other unknown number by his iPhone screen. He called back his eldest brother straightaway while dashing out from his classroom.

“Hyung—“

Jungkook-ah, thank God!”

“Uh, what’s up?”

Suzy and I have been calling you for the last, um, twenty or thirty minutes—

Say what? Jungkook dropped his jaw inaudibly, but then picked it up and put it back to where it was without being significant to anyone. If he knew it was her calling him through the mobile, he would call that unknown number instead of Seokjin’s. He never had been compatible with the eldest ever since they’ve been living in the same roof through their whole life, anyway— Hold on, what was he thinking? He probably should be aware why Seokjin sounded so worried through the receiver.

Jungkook apologized to his own chaotic, muddled mind before catching up with the phonecall. “You were saying, hyung?”

TAEHYUNG GOT INTO THE ER, YOU DUMB , LITTLE PIECE OF !!!”

Oppa, why are you being so rude to Jungkook?”

The younger identified who’s next to Seokjin as he was still processing the news, hearing their short disagreement in its place.

I’ve been saying it for three times and he didn’t get it! Aisssh really, this little—

He’s your brother and we’re in hospital for God’s sake,” he could hear Suzy’s protest to Seokjin. “Please talk nicely to him, or if you can’t then let just me…”

Jungkook’s lips corner twitched upwards, even though it might’ve shouldn’t by the time. Plus, there was a pause as he did not say a thing until Suzy’s voice came upon.

Hey, Jungkook.”

“Hi, noona…” Jungkook cleared his throat, wishing the high-pitched sound when greeting her won’t be coming back soon. “Should I be worry about Taetae hyung? H-how is he?”

He’s fine Jungkook, he’s fine… He just passed out, well, you know he was so drained and kind of emotional since yesterday.” Jungkook nodded along Suzy’s calming tone, although he knew she couldn’t see it. “He’s sleeping right now, and we already moved him to the ward, but I think we’re going to stick around for tonight… So, if you have time, it’ll be good if you can pay a visit before heading home—

Jungkook nodded again. “Sure, I will.” Except then he wondered. “Um, I think it’ll be good if I take some clothes for him from home to bring in for tonight,”

Yup, that can do as well,

If only Suzy could see Jungkook’s ear-to-ear smile right at this moment, she might have gotten curious as what the students thinking when by-passing the raven-haired boy. Never did they saw Jungkook smiled that wide and earnest, even to their own teachers.

“B-but…” the younger-infatuated-boy stuttered before saying the next. “You’ll be there when I’m coming later, right…?”

I guess so,” Suzy hummed and it caught by him. “I’ll clean up myself shortly since my apartment is not too far— then I’ll be back here.

Jungkook didn’t catch the rest sentence since the first ones were more than enough. Perhaps he hasn’t received ample weird stares from place to place— and for him to add now, the rosy dust specked surrounding his cheeks— it made people speculating.

Actually—“ Suzy stopped perchance there was no talking from the other’s. Jungkook, you still there?”

Jungkook winked to the group of girls in walking distance, simply to cause them got scared of him instead of being flattered. Then, back to his phone, like a grown-up man, Jungkook highly thought of himself. “Yes, noona?”

I made some calls to your cell. Maybe four times earlier and whether it is to you or not, for me it’s necessary to add our numbers to each other’s contact.” She huffed and he didn’t know why he felt it was adorable. “Just in case, I guess we’ll be communicating If something like this happened…we don’t know, later.

Hell yeah I am! he almost said it out loud, but changed it with, “Of course, Suzy noona will be added to my contact list right after this.”

Yeah, right…

Oh God, she just laughed a little bit because of me! Jungkook’s eyebrows perked up by his own thinking.

Okay, what else I need to talk to you,

There were murmurs between her and Seokjin, he supposed it was getting collected around. Then, “Jungkook, can you do me a favor?

I’ll do anything, he stirred a bit to finally be seated on one of the steps. “What is it, noona?”

Can you please find Taeyong at school and tell him that Taehyung is hospitalized?

His face fell, likewise the mood. Yeah right, he must have encountered the most hated being in present. “Okay.” he answered short.

Thanks, Jungkook.”

Without thinking, he replied. “Thanks to you too, noona.”

Suzy muffled a laughter over the phone and Jungkook was eventually joining her.

What are you thanking me for? You know what Jungkook, you’re so weird.

Jungkook responded to that one, exclusively within his mind; Perhaps I am, because of you.

 

The black strap of his backpack hung on his middle arm as Jungkook was grabbing his own chest, marched on the hallway. It really was starting him to have the jittery feels and it has added more, after he hung up the call with Suzy through Seokjin’s phone. Alright, that’s sort of strange but yes, it’s true. And it was, as never did he really wanted to thank his oldest sibling so much for a phonecall. He thought it could be the first time he really feels like, his heart has fluttered because of speaking to someone so particular, whom none other than Suzy.

Jungkook had the idea that he was falling too fast, but… It was not that fast considering they have known each other for years and he said to himself; What can I do, now?

 

“Hey, Jungkook!”

Right after he headed for lower floor, he bumped into Jaehyun and Yugyeom. Or, it was them who bumped into him since they thought he has departed before now.

“I thought you already went home,” Jaehyun resumed his addressing to the shorter friend. “If not then, do you want to join me and Gyeom?”

The tallest of three then bowed his head up and down. “Yeah, we planned to show BamBam and WinWin around and say, we’re meeting later at six… Starbucks?”

“Starbucks??” Jaehyun snorted. “Really, Gyeom?”

“They might be too well-established and commercial, but they served really good coffee, I love their coffee… Jae, come on!” Yugyeom sulked and crossed his arms.

“Whatever,” Jaehyun hissed and facepalmed the taller with his pale hand, eyes turned to Jungkook. “So, are you in?”

Jungkook actually loved the idea of spending time with his friends. If not, he just loved everything right at the moment, ‘cause it all has appeared really good according to his view.

“I’d love to, man…” he enveloped Jaehyun on the upper limb. The latter flinched since it was the first time Jungkook had ever done that. “But, my brother’s got hospitalized and I need to seek for his best friend to pass on the information. Which FYI I don’t even like him,”

“Uh, sorry about your brother. Is there something wrong with him?” Jaehyun asked.

“You don’t like your own brother?” Yugyeom seemed clueless through the conversation. Well, judging from his build and him being tallest, he was in fact the youngest between them.

“It’s because of exhaustion,” Jungkook shook his head, poking Jaehyun’s dimple. Then, eyeing Yugyeom he did. “I love Tae hyung so much, it’s like, I owe my life on him. But thanks for the question, it’s his best friend that I never get along,”

Whoa, he’s your brother’s best friend, but you can’t get along with him… Hmm,” Yugyeom rubbed his chin. “I wonder if it’s you or him that worse— Ow!”

Jaehyun needed to make Yugyeom stopped by slapping the back of his head. He saw Jungkook’s face turned sour but then, it lightened up again once he broke Yugyeom’s ramble.

“We’re Jungkook’s friends, at least, we need to support him. Not to compare him with someone else, especially people he dislikes.”

Jungkook chuckled for the way the two tallers behaved. “It depends. But, you guys have sat with me, with Taetae hyung, and Taeyong hyung was there, intimidating you.”

Jaehyun and Yugyeom mostly paid attention to the word he emphasized. They reminisced to that one day where they’ve been forced to sit down and share table for lunch with one of the most dreaded seniors they’ve ever met.

We’re talking about Taeyong here, not Taehyung, for sure he’s a ball of sunshine.

“Yeah, I remember he seemed wanting to kill everyone who looked back at him, right through his piercing eyes…”

Jaehyung nodded vainly as he kept listening to Yugyeom’s prattle, then he noticed Jungkook was ready to take off. “See you tomorrow, Kook!”

“I’ll talk to you guys later!” Jungkook waved at his friends who were still set to bicker in no later.

“Hey,” Jaehyun nudged Yugyeom’s ribs as soon as Jungkook has disappeared from their sight. “Did you get that he wasn’t mad I just called him only with ‘Kook’?”

“Really?” Yugyeom had this deep, thinking face. “I think it’s good though, we’re getting closer with him and, guess what?”

Jaehyun never liked the way Yugyeom had glancing— fishy— at him such as now. “What?”

“We can officially be a squad,” Yugyeom entwined the bit shorter by shoulder as they were walking, step by step through the stairs. “and we can call ourselves ‘JaeKookGyeom’ respectively by our birthdays.”

The younger by months wiggled his eyebrows to the paler friend, who seemed had this disgusted face through his idea. Jaehyun used to just call him ‘November Boy’ because of his birthdate, as Yugyeom did recall it for the friend’s title of ‘Valentine’s boy’.

“It’s more like ‘JaeKookGyeom’… Jae…cook… Gyeom… Jae cooks Gyeom… Ah right, guess what?” Yugyeom shrugged as Jaehyun was carrying on. “I want to cook you right now… Boil you alive and then, put the lid on top of the pot. So, that I won’t be hearing your useless— and limitless— ramble from now on.”

“Deep in my heart, I believe you’ll never ever do that to me.” Yugyeom rolled his eyes. “Why did I even friends with you?”

 

Jungkook swirled, then rushed off his feet, using the hand-railings to go down and slide instead of the set of steps. He stopped after the second turn, as in the second floor meant he was in the senior year’s territory. He tried to walk as normal as he could, no matter how bouncy it felt from inside, he actually wanted to hopping like a bunny. No matter how many times, also, he would think that Taehyung was sick at the hospital. Nonetheless, Suzy’s face popped out in his mind and then, the smile slash heat rising by his surface were inevitable. He felt like his cheeks were going to burst and began kind of stiff, to be honest. Seemed like the idea of meeting her was giving his stomach lots, and lots butterflies, as it was just occurred by now.

 

Taeyong was sweeping after his classes ended, when Jungkook arrived at third room from the end of the aforementioned floor.

“Hey,”

He saw the younger boy leaned on the door frame as he scoffed, in advance of he was going to put the broom back to near storage. “Don’t you simply ‘hey’ me like that.”

The finest looking guy had probably estimating; Jungkook required some lesson to respect older people and he could not just behave accordingly his mood, deciding to be good or bad, every once in a while. Speaking about how he despised Taeyong, for nothing he could even think of when he had performed badly toward the younger. If it wasn’t for Taehyung, he would have that sort of hatred to Jungkook from a long time ago. And if only Taeyong knew, there must be someone else, related to him in some way, that could’ve triggered the younger to hate him even more.

Jungkook was still in the previous spot, waiting for Taeyong as he had gotten back from the storing, getting his belongings back before leaving.

“Ahem,” the younger cleared his throat to begin again. “I’m not here specifically to talk to you, or even say sorry because I hate you,”

Taeyong stared at the boy, from his desk upfront. “Oh, how nice of you.”

“Taetae hyung collapsed earlier and currently in the hospital. I thought you need to know about it.”

At the time Jungkook stated the first sentence, Taeyong seemed didn’t care for what he could’ve left at class that day. He shoveled in the stuff to his bag by one big scoop of his right hand, then he swiftly approached the younger to inquire more. By more, means, only the question he sensed important as considering the worried look suddenly roaming on his features. Jungkook realized Taeyong loved his brother with the same, plenty amount as he did, and it was totally sincere.

“At the same hospital before? You know, where we saw—”

Jungkook nodded and it quickly ended their dialog. The next thing he knew, he was seeing the older strutted, casting his injured hand with no pain and no care, even though he crashed to others on his way.

 

At the hospital, Jungkook was the last to enter Taehyung’s ward. Seokjin was sitting at the couch with Taeyong brewing the coffee on the table side. The youngest greeted the yawning Seokjin before he put Taehyung’s stuff, which he brought from home after changing, at the closet very near to the bathroom. There it had come again, the chills over their spine where they all remembered waiting for Taehyung to get up after getting his painful medication.

Jungkook approached to where his beloved hyung has been put to bed. Taehyung was sleeping with his so calming face, whereas Jungkook ever portrayed that he will never had opened his eyes again. He realized Taehyung was even skinnier than the last time he saw him going to his own bed.

He only wanted to protect Taehyung so that he would never feel any pain. Just like what Taehyung did when he chose to stay next to Jungkook’s crib at the orphanage. The younger took Taehyung’s frail hand, which was by now smaller than his. He wrapped it onto his sturdy grip, the same as what Taehyung did, back then to the little crying baby Jungkook— as what their mother used to say.

“Hyung, please get up,” Jungkook sniffled through that saying. It was a life that he owed to Taehyung, without doubt. “Please don’t leave me.”

“Jesus Christ… Jungkook, Tae is just sleeping!” He could catch Taeyong’s groan from his seat.

“Yeah, the doctor went from here just before you arrived and he said Taehyung will up in an hour.” Seokjin chimed in after rising up from the coach’s rest. “Stop acting like he’s already in the worst condition, ‘cause he’s not! And please stop disturbing all of us the way you performed earlier. Not funny, bro!”

And just like that, Jungkook’s flash of sorrow has been ruined.

 

Jungkook shoved his hands to the navy jumper pouch, looking around and expecting there was an additional for the three, minus the still sleeping Taehyung.

“Um, where’s Suzy noona?” Jungkook asked toward Seokjin, although he was hoping Taeyong could re-join if he knew the answer.

“Suzy noona’s here,” Suzy replied the younger as she walked through the ward’s door. Reflecting to her half-dried hair, she must’ve been rushing while returning to her place by previous. “I took a shower and change my clothes just as what I told you. Hi, Jungkook!”

“Oh, yeah… Right,” Jungkook cracked a very awkward titter after he responded at her. Resulting himself an equal questioning look from both Seokjin and Taeyong.

Suzy has been seated next to Seokjin as if she knew, it would be uncomfortable if she chose beside the other two.

“Hello,” She had her moment to greet Taeyong, briefly, bring about a single wave from the finest looking younger.

Suzy guessed that things wouldn’t get easier soon in between Taeyong and herself. She noticed he got a cup of hot beverage on hold, as she was then standing up. “I’m gonna get some coffee… Outside.”

Jungkook was the only one to be on his feet in instant, “I’m coming with you.”

He thanked God from the very inner side, later when observing none of the guys were following them.

 

Suzy slurped her hot latte, repositioned her arms to the railings. It was good indeed, to see the city up from the sixth level. It happened after Jungkook was kind of forced her to follow him next to buying the drinks at ground floor. The city lights were illuminating, the skyscrapers were towering— weirdly it has amazed her in different way of seeing it at daytime— and to see all of this, right on this after Taehyung has collapsed, was relieving.

“So, Suzy noona… I have these friends named Jaehyun and Yugyeom at school,” Jungkook began, shifting himself quietly to be nearer at her and for their shoulders to came in contact. He also thanked the pleasant wind to be a good companion to their hot beverages. “And I think I’m starting to be a grown-up here, not minding too much whether people can stand being with me and I don’t hate as many people as I used to. Likewise, I never hated everyone like you said.”

It took a while for Suzy to recalled that she might have had that kind of conversation with Jungkook before. Her eyes appeared to search for some aversion, probably left in the younger’s rounded orbs, only for her to find nothing.

Jungkook used to have it, for the least to everyone, except Taehyung. She thought she got to find out why Jungkook appeared so contented by this time.

“Hey, Jungkook… I’m glad to see you this happy,” Suzy took another sip. “Is it because of your new friends? I bet they have been very great company to you.”

“Maybe, they are—“ Jungkook’s mouth trembled when Suzy have unexpectedly his raven hair. “Maybe, it’s because of something else.”

Her hands fell and she supported her chin at the fence as substitute. Eyes were still focusing on Jungkook. “Really?” she suddenly felt excited about it. “Maybe, because you have crush on someone!”

“Well, uh,” Jungkook wanted to jump from the terrace, rolling and tumbling his body to the canopy by the first floor, as he was so close to be caught by the thought person herself. “I’m not so sure, yet… ‘Cause I don’t think she ever believe about getting it from me,”

“Wow, is it because you used to bicker with her? Like, a lot? That is a good one, very classic although a little cliché.”

Jungkook hesitated, “Huh? Um… No, it wasn’t like that… It’s just, I never was a good person to almost everyone, before—”

“Okay, then… Because you’re starting to be a good boy, you can just go for her as soon as you possibly could,”

“Noona, I don’t even think she ever likes me that way.”

Suzy shook her head, “Jungkook, I don’t think anyone could say no when you ask to go for a date.”

She his hair once more and Jungkook swore if she kept doing it, he would make his plan to jump off comes true. “I, uh… I just need to make sure if there’s any chance for her to like me back, alright?”

Jungkook gave her a very toothy smile, he had this gratitude inside for the darkness of night, which has helped him conceal his reddened face and the heat that was coming from it.

 

Jungkook felt really nice to spend a while with Suzy. However, Jungkook assumed he wasn’t supposed to tell anyone about it, particularly who was close to him that also knew Taehyung very well. Granting if Jungkook ever had this sort of feelings to someone— except Suzy of course— Taehyung would be the first person he told about it and rattled to, all night long.

Whereas he attempted to lecture his heart, to calm down and Jungkook was sure that his brain was not working in the meantime. He even tried his best so that Suzy could leave him by himself. As she was obliged prior to Jungkook spoke, “Taetae hyung must getting up right now!”

He told her he would save five minutes of coming in later, since he was about to call his friends and he was somehow sticking to his words.

Hi, Kook!

Jungkook scrunched his nose, the cold breeze had starting to get in his bones. Seeing Jaehyun’s face been displayed on the iPhone screen, he questioned his friend. “Why did you switch to video call?”

Yugyeom asked for it when he knows you’re calling,” the dimples on his face were surfacing before he moved the camera to shoot the taller next to him. Jungkook could see the two of them still strolling in between the trees line up at Garosu-gil. “So, what’s up? Why did you call on me, now?

Jungkook’s wheezing started to emerged again as Jaehyun inquired what he should have to. Jungkook wasn’t that type of friend who’d call or even text him, after school hours. It must have been very urgent for the shorter pal to do so.

“Jae, I think I really got distracted—”

You did also get it, like, this morning, didn’t you?

“—by something…”

Jungkook, you’re so uncanny, man.” Yugyeom cut and joked about his statement, but then cried as Jaehyun punched his stomach to finally giving him back the phone. The tallest had always interested to snoop in and teased when Jungkook began talking about this stuff, in which Jaehyun realized it never was easy for him to open up.

Jungkook and Yugyeom probably were like polar, contrasting each other. Jaehyun, being the purest soul that ever was, needed to be their mediator in between.

I got Gyeom’s mouth stuffed by my leftover ice cream. So, you were saying, Kook?

Jungkook chuckled when Jaehyun disclosed the sight. “Hey, Jae… Promise me that you and Gyeom won’t spill this to anyone?”

Jaehyun forced Yugyeom to move his head up and down as he kept showing both their faces to the sole individual. “I’ll skin and cook him alive if he broke his promise to you,

“Thanks,” Jungkook chuckled again, holding his breath for a while before releasing it for relief. “Guys, I think I might be seriously, falling, and deeply in love—“

Jungkook saw Jaehyun was grinning over the screen, as it took a jiff for Yugyeom to take over after swallowing the whole cone, “You what?!

 

Taehyung was already sitting on the bed, flashing his boxy smile when Jungkook entered the ward. The youngest looked around to find Suzy was standing near to the nightstand, as Seokjin was sitting on the mattress’ edge and Taeyong was leaning to the wall, mindlessly, staring at him.

“There you are, Kookie!”

Jungkook took the older’s bright welcome by opening his arms, wide to be enveloped to him as he was settling to sit also on the bed. “You look, so… Enthusiastic?”

“Damn right, I am!” Taehyung released his head enclosed inside the younger’s torso, in advance of watching everyone else, to eventually had slumped to Jungkook’s hold again. “Kookie, these bad people were saying that my great idea is silly… I even talked over of how much I desired to do it and I want to make it as one of my bucket lists.”

“No, no… It’s not the idea that was silly, or bad, or whatever. It’s just not the right timing, dear,” Suzy gave argument from her side.

“Hold on, hold on,” Jungkook shot his head up to see her. “What are you talking about?”

The youngest’s round orbs were directing back and forth at her and then to Taehyung. “Can someone help me answering?”

Another individual has cleared his throat, wanting to come up with his reason not to. “You should hear it from himself.” Seokjin happened to have this odd face whilst having the remark.

Jungkook faced Taehyung yet again, “What is it, Taetae hyung?”

“I want the five of us going to Japan… I don’t want anyone to be left behind and I want to see the cherry blossoms with all of you. It has to be done next week—”

“Are you out of your mind?! You—” Jungkook cut Taehyung off as he grasped it really was a crazy one. “You’re not even guaranteed yourself to get better by then,”

From the furthest sideways, Taeyong grunted. “See, Tae? I told you that it was bad idea.”

 


 

A/N: I'm off to Japan for spring break, that's why I kinda want to share it with Taehyung wanting to go on this trip as well.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Will update to you guys soon :D

xoxo,