Trouble Steps In

To: Our Dear Tae,
 
 

Suzy’s first time in college was nowhere near what she had in mind. Undoubtedly, it was because she didn’t have the least desire to have gone through the grand provision. Specifically, when she cladded only denim on denim with her favorite worn sneakers, contrasted to Jisoo— whom was always stick to her, prior to their meeting in the convenience store— who cared enough to wear ankle boots, completing her out-from-magazine look. Even Jinri was clothing in the pricey attires she bought last week. Not to mention, it showed to stun Seokjin, before he left as Jinri was approaching them with her boyfriend, Jinyoung. It was an accustomed habit, in which everyone was dressed to impressed on their first day.

 

Suzy was viewing around when they were on lunchbreak. Jinri and Jisoo had, apparently, getting along very well as the three of them was sitting on the table to have their meal. As if she knew, the newest addition to her inner circle was a delight, compared to what Seokjin has referred her as the ‘something’ afore closing with the ‘evil’ wording. The older could be weird, sometimes, which it was probably had run down through the family. Well, speaking about the Kim household, then her mind seemed could not be getting away to think about Taehyung.

Yes, Taehyung. His saying about stating his concern for her affair with Taeyong, deeply since they were best friends. Stupid Taehyung, Suzy would love to say it directly to his face, because he should’ve known better there’s no way she bothered someone like Taeyong. Well again, it was Taehyung whom always occupied her mind ever since he dared to talk to her, even though he was still a freshman in high school. As well for Taeyong, the latter had never was the type to do anything for serious steps, especially when it’s concerning stuff people called feelings.

 

“Hey,” Jinri glanced worriedly as she mentioned her best friend at the side. “Is there any stuff you haven’t told me? It seems like your dog back home has died or something…”

“I don’t know how to and not in the mood of telling it, right now…” Suzy mumbled, supporting her own chin to a palm.

She realized Jisoo must’ve had gone somewhere, possibly to the restroom. In advance of Jinyoung has arrived with another person, pretty much with the same build as him, to their table. The girls looked up to find, the neatly-clad boyfriend of Jinri was with a more to casual looking guy. By the sharp features, divine single-lidded eyes and prominent brows, which made him was surprisingly attractive.

“Meet my classmate and new friend, Jaebum.” Jinyoung said as he was sitting to face his girlfriend.

The said individual was offering a handshake to both Jinri and then Suzy, as Jinyoung was continuing his introduction.

“Here’s my girlfriend, who I’ve been telling you since our first session.” He pointed to the widely grinning girl. “As for that one,” he aimed at who was next to Jinri. “She’s my friend since high school and her name is Suzy—“

“Suzy seems different, unlike mostly overdressed people I met today.” Jaebum spoke thoroughly, carding his dark tresses whilst putting his books on the surface. Far ahead, he grimaced that caused his eyes disappearing, somehow it was charming. “I’m sorry, I have tendency to just say what’s on my head without filtering. Did it bother you?”

Suzy stared at Jaebum with such flat expression. It was not she felt like, flirting— which ninety percent he was attempted— seemed could be making her day better after what happened. Jinri elbowed her boyfriend, asking to cover Suzy before she’d be disturbed.

“Hey, Im Jaebum.” Jinyoung uttered. “I understand your wish to get a girlfriend soon, but Suzy is already taken … Just, stop hitting on her.”

Jaebum shrugged by Jinyoung’s saying, continuing to work on some of his music sheets. He pretended that nothing has happened ever since his remarkable attendance.

Suzy wanted to be tongue-tied, as she was supposed to not responding any of it. However, the fact which Taehyung had, mercilessly— okay, that must be exaggerated— dumped her because of his senseless best friend had angered her in some way.

“Just so you know, my boyfriend broke up with me yesterday,” She said as being nonchalant, slurping the smoothie bought merely for her lunch. Looking across to Jaebum, who shot up his head to observe her.

Needless to say, it triggered the couple on their table almost losing words. “W-what?!” asked Jinri and Jinyoung in chorus.

“So, this is the reason,” Jinri’s line got cut since she kept beholding at her best friend. She mimed an inaudible ‘why’, yet Suzy has signaled it off.

Jaebum, at that moment, has snickered to the girl he was facing. “Hey, I’m just saying you’re different because you are effortlessly pretty for being simply looking, like this… You don’t have to rush and tell me that you want a new man to date, though.”

“Who says I want a new boyfriend—“

“The way you state it reflects something else must be going on.” Jaebum smirked and his orbs flashed to Jinri and Jinyoung’s direction, smug in one way or another.

Although something inside Suzy had almost gave in to the arrogant yet, totally appealing charm owned by Jaebum. Nevertheless, she couldn’t be abandoning her hope to be with Taehyung just like that.

In which she bit her lip because of sudden jittery. “We might still be getting back together. We never know what tomorrow will brings us—”

“Neither of us know what the day after will bring about…” Jaebum smirked once more upon her hiss, as he leaned forward to whisper. “I am so attracted to you right now and I know that you know, you like me, as well.”

By the end of Jaebum’s declaration, Suzy had gotten herself together and remembered of how much he loved Taehyung. There’s no way she would be giving up on the younger, when considering the time’s ticking. She chose to be silent and let the man in front thought of whatever he liked, as far as she may could.

 

Well along, Jisoo has returned to the table with Seokjin walking beside her. Smiling from ear to ear, differing the girl who sulked by his trailing.

Jisoo directed a finger to the older. “Can anyone please explain me why this person keep following?”

Seokjin could see clearly Jisoo’s eyebrows keep furrowing. As she was sitting next to Jinri and he took a seat to the only vacant chair, straightly opposite Jisoo. “Hey, I’m not even had the intention to follow you, unless you are with the only bunch I know in this place.”

“Why don’t you have your lunch at another place, but this one?”

“And give myself a social suicide for being alone on my first day, no thanks.” Seokjin grinned to observe each person on the table. “Hi, everyone!” Henceforth, could not control his own willingness to get back at Jisoo.

After that, he greeted a face he didn’t recognize, hitherto. Whereas Suzy sensed Jinyoung was getting annoyed next to Jaebum, referred to the history Jinri had with the older.

“Jinyoung-ah,” she made sure that Seokjin hasn’t heard it since he was busy arguing with Jisoo still. “I think you don’t have to worry about someone who’s going to take Jinri away from you…”

Jinyoung gave her such a questioning look, as well as Suzy indicated to the pair who just arrived. Next to her, Jinri seemed amazed to follow whatever little things bickered by both, by means did not paying attention to slight exchange Suzy had with her boyfriend.

“You think he likes her?” Jinyoung mouthed, cross wisely.

Suzy nodded and she knew, he must’ve had ecstatic by her respond. “I was with them earlier, and I’m about eighty percent sure of it.”

Suzy and Jinyoung’s eyes perked at the interesting scene on their site, succeeding what they discoursed. Jaebum, at the side, crossed his arms leaning to the backrest. By way he didn’t fascinated of what every person seemed absorbed to.

“Apparently, everybody has been paired of this table.”

Jaebum began as everyone else threw the consideration to something he solely spoken.

Jisoo was the first to glare at the guy she barely knew of. “Excuse you, who are you to assume that?”

“Excuse me, you’re new here… And who are you to talk that way?” Seokjin gave a line of examining to add on Jisoo’s. “Did you express anything, in regard of she and I?”

“What do you mean?!” Jisoo almost had break to respond Seokjin’s bluntness. Despite she appeared so lovely and ladylike, she let it by swallowing her own lump at the throat. Folding her arms then she did, bit uncertainly was ongoing to reason. “It’s the last thing on earth I would do to ever like you.”

Seokjin had this sort of remorse gaze when he identified Jisoo was fretting for sure. Thenceforward, he glanced to Jaebum, persisted on his scrutiny to the familiar girl who was facepalming. He counted of the total six individuals where he placed. If that guy was talking about Jisoo and him, then he would be matched with the remaining miss at the corner.

It snapped out Seokjin’s thoughts, recalling what he listened to Taehyung’s part confide by this morning.

“Suzy-yah, no way! It’s not even 24 hours since you broke up with my little brother!”

Suzy caught of how disappointed Seokjin looked, as she did not even have the strong point to defend herself. It probably was too late to said no, thus she did not fancy anyone else to add on what she called a total wreck and nothing seemed could make it worse.

Up till Jaebum had put hands inside his pocket, resting the back then ignited once more. “Wow, what a correlation we got here.”

Suzy thumped her fists onto their eating surface, likely to experience an outburst. And the next thing she knew, she has been dragged away by Jinri to the restroom.

 

“Jaebum is such a pig.”

Suzy said as washing her face intensely, with a mass of water flowing from the tap. Jinri beheld the best friend had never been mad as much as she did now, hence the stuff she just stated was in some way right. She merely agreed to get their things back and perhaps just spending the rest on their break, getting bored in the classroom. Furthermore, they only had a session left before they would be leaving for home.

However, Jinri nudged Suzy lightly on their way walking back to the campus restaurant. Doing what she called best a mild investigation, for her own assistance.

“It’s just one thing, I need it to be clear,” Jinri wavered a bit before continuing. “Why did Taehyung broke up with you? Or, you broke up with him, I’m not really sure…”

Suzy surely recognized, Jinri must have questioned why she did not tell her that. Jinri would always be the first person she told about, almost, everything. She won’t be pleased as she ought to hear it from other people.

“He found out about me and Taeyong.” Suzy answered with a sigh, tying her hair up as they keep walking on.

Jinri was raising a finger to carry on, yet she rubbed her chin since it’d be full of twists and turns. “Um, that’s one sure hell of a problem.”

Suzy made a face, “I know right.”

Jinri giggled as she was shaking her head. Thereafter, as Suzy was still tidying her bun, Jinri had her sight advancing to the said eating place. She heaved a sign of relief while it seemed those friends on the table remained in peace. Barely, as she tallied there was an additional person coming.

“Suzy-yah, I don’t think you’re going to like it…”

Jinri uttered, holding one of Suzy’s arms, approximately a few meters away, from where she caught that Taeyong was talking to Seokjin and Jisoo.

“Oh, God… I really am not signing up for this.” Suzy rubbed her temple. “Jinri-yah, I don’t think I have enough patience to face him… Can we just please gather our stuff then leave?”

Suzy begged on the worried looking Jinri.

 

However, the possibility of Suzy’s wish came true had gone when Taeyong noticed her appearance. Moreover, he even clearly forgot when conversing over with the other two persons there, as Jinyoung and Jaebum were in their own chat.

“There you are!”

Suzy tore her eyes away from the way Taeyong was sending full of hope, staring that he needed a discourse.

“What are you doing here? You’re supposed to be at school by this time,” she paused whilst he was holding her firm with his left hand as the other one was being casted. “Or, maybe at home, recovering yourself.”

“You know, we need to talk about yesterday.” Taeyong insisted, but Suzy rejected his offer.

She was all set to get all her stuff and she was about to haul Jinri, when Taeyong had hold her once again.

“I already got what I deserved,” He displayed his broken limb. “I hope, at least, you forgive me and don’t act like this, please…”

“You know what?” she toned down her voice, grasping that everyone else was looking at them. “You just ruined everything… Everything I had and what else I planned with Taehyung.”

Taeyong gave an involuntarily shake, releasing Suzy’s hand whilst she was approaching her best friend and the other girl on the table. He didn’t have the urge to observe her, who probably had hated him that much. He stared down to clear his idea, he didn’t want it to be the end for what he had with her was implicitly exquisite, for him.

“Oh, all of you are here.”

Taeyong had almost froze to listen the voice he knew, and edgy when he turned around to find out that it was Taehyung standing.

 

Unlike Taeyong who was in casual clothing, Taehyung had covered his uniform with a jacket, but it still caused him to be the center of attention when advancing to the bunch.

“Oh, no, no…” Jinri mumbled whereas Jinyoung, next to her, was rubbing her back to give comfort as she seemed tense.

“What’s wrong?” he questioned, caringly.

Jinri shook her head, signaling the boyfriend to be quiet and let the people who was involved, restraining the order.

“Who’s that?” Jisoo whispered, in which only Seokjin had getting it.

“My brother.” He responded short, didn’t know why it had become so much intense.

Seokjin and Jisoo were focusing for the standing entities, even as Jaebum had probably would probe Jinri later. He sensed Jinyoung’s girl must have known something that might could’ve give him the win-win situation. Up till then, all of them had really stayed silent. It was way beyond anyone else authority to jump in such state.

“Tae…” Taeyong took a breath and then let it out roughly, staring to his best friend. “What are you doing here?”

“Which I assume, I need to ask you the same.”

Taehyung raised an eyebrow, steadily looking back and forth to him and the stiffened Suzy.

Taeyong recommenced. “Weren’t you supposed to be at school?”

He felt so stupid to repeat what Suzy just said to him. It was so wrong to have Taehyung discovered him was visiting her on the first day. It would initiate him to have further, mistaken thoughts about them. Nonetheless, Suzy would hate him more and more, likewise.

“I was planning to, but I was more curious of where you are wandering after leaving my house.”

The paler one then sighed. “I was going back to my place, Tae—“

“You did go back to your apartment, but I didn’t expect you to get out later and to come here.”

Taehyung skipped the fact that he was waiting for some time at the parking lot, to actually get out from his car and talk to his best friend. He had never been this cold, especially when he was facing Taeyong.

“No, no!” Taeyong had hardly moving his feet to the quickest way snapping in his mind, getting freed from the situation. He grabbed Jisoo’s hand, as he was rapidly blurting out everything he could think of later. “I’m here to see her… She was the one who got me into an accident yesterday,”

Yah!” Jisoo yelped as she was attempting to release her hand off his.

Taehyung scoffed, “Taeyong, let’s be honest that you’re here to see—“

He didn’t get to finish the sentence as Suzy had hastily crashed her lips to seal his. One of Taehyung’s arms had automatically slid over Suzy’s waist, and she felt he started the opening to begin with his lips then tongue. At that point, they both have carried away through jiffy, closing their eyes for the moment seizing it only for them.

 

“Taehyung,” Suzy breathed out softly, panting for some air, enough to be heard by Taehyung, whilst everyone’s gasps were merely the setting.

Taehyung opened his vision slowly, flickered the brown orbs to capture at her beaming ones. “I almost forgot, how good that it felt.” Smiling at her then he did.

In fact, Taehyung would be impatiently proceeding the base, if he didn’t realize that there were too many eyes fixing at them by the time.

She smiled back for Taehyung had by now, the boxy smile of his returning, “This is getting out of place… We need to talk, but only the two of us.”

Later on, they were totally saved by the bell.

“I’ll see you after this course, okay?”

Suzy already had her bag slung over her shoulder, embarrassingly leaving the spot with Jinri and Jinyoung trailing. After that, Taehyung grasped the sight of Taeyong— somehow— had really was going with the girl. He heard his best friend stating her as Kim Jisoo, with a crumpled tiny paper he had from his pocket. Even as they both had departing from the spot.

Shifting his view to the slumping older brother on the chair, who had lazily collected his things to be in his carrier. Taehyung subsequently took a seat next to Seokjin.

“Way to go to fix what’s broken by yesterday, bro…” the older simpered in some way, that not even Taehyung would understand. “See you later at home, Taehyung-ah…”

Seokjin ruffled the younger’s hair as he was proceeding to his next purpose.

He merely replied the older as he was still in awe. For the side effect of what Suzy caused at him, yet it was much worth to be recollect.

“Ahem,”

Taehyung glanced to the direction of the utmost unfamiliar person he could not identify since earlier. The guy stared at him with his prominent eyes and Taehyung had simply replying with his signature grin. However, that was it.

Jaebum cleared his throat as he moved to the next seater, nearer to the other. As much as he wanted to dig more on to the fact that this younger boy was dating the girl he fell for the first sight, he had to pacify his own concern.

“Im jaebum.”

Jaebum offered his hand to be shaken, and Taehyung had received it by welcome. “Kim Taehyung.” He responded plainly to lose it well ahead.

“Anyway, I’m the man who’s going to steal her from you,” he smirked. “You better watch out.”

Jaebum muttered as he watched Taehyung had this dumbfounded face, afore he was leaving to where he should be right now, in the class.

 


 

A/N: So, I think Jaebum will be the most suitable person (whom very endearing) to be the real 'antagonist' xD

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

And this is for my endless subjection of JJ Project!

 

 

 

 

 

 

Last but not least, I give you the beautiful Bae Suzy and super adorable VKook <3<3

 

Please enjoy this and don't forget to leave comments!