Occurences

To: Our Dear Tae,
 
 

Every inch of Taehyung’s countenance was solely the attention of Taeyong’s watch, by then. It has reminded him— somehow— for the first day of starting school, when Taehyung was someone he never did know from the beginning. The said cheery and popular boy had this sort of taciturn features, which showed whenever he did stop smiling brightly as the typical. Taeyong loathed he must caught that side of Taehyung, as from that the moment, he was the one who caused the smile hindered from his lips.

Unmoving, Taehyung seated on where he remained, staring merely to his best friend. Never did he thought he would ever listened to that kind of revelation from Taeyong. He acknowledged the best friend for becoming some sort of ladies’ man— despite of being a model student over the whole institution— nevertheless, how come he could do that with the one girl he loved so much?

Taehyung still needed time to put himself into one piece. Needless to say, he could not fully believe what Taeyong stated, yet.

“Tae, I’m so… So sorry. I know you will hate me for telling you this,” Taeyong’s dark eyes had became so imploring only in front of Taehyung, who watched him with desolation of the chocolate orbs. Not to mention, the paler friend had waterworks already summing up on his edges.

Then, Taeyong spoke again. “It didn’t mean anything. It never meant anything… For her.”

The last two words— which almost inaudibly said by Taeyong— had made Taehyung focused more on something he never had expected to ask his best friend.

“Does it mean something for you?” Taehyung questioned, eyes were still locking coldly ahead.

Taeyong was restricted as he kept asking the same thing to himself. Either he was being mindful for it, otherwise was yonder in his cognizance.

“Uh, no…” He shook his head whilst being stuttered in some way. Whether it was what bothered his mind, or maybe the blubbering itself. He decided to switched the dialog. “And we never did it, ever again, once you are dating—“

“Taeyong-ah, I ask you, if it does mean something for yourself?” Taehyung wanted him to answer once more.

Taeyong’s eyes were clearly shaking as he was reflecting his soul in it. There was something much deeper as Taehyung had known him the best.

Unfortunately, Taeyong could not as well respond openly when it came to that subject. Taehyung, then, gave him a doubtful nod before he started to get up on his feet.

“Thanks.”

Taeyong threw him an inquisitive look as he was also upright from the ground. “F-for what, Tae?”

“That’s a whole new information I got from you.”

Replied Taehyung, in advance of he had directly leaving the place. Although, he could never have forgotten how devastated Taeyong looked when he left him in the place.

 

Just like a statue, Taeyong did froze for a while on his own. The sound of car engine commenced for the next minutes, as later made him realized to exit his apartment. It was when he saw Taehyung’s car had speed up for being distant on the street.

“.”

He cursed for his own as planning to go somewhere on his mind, he thought would be necessary then.

 


 

Suzy was lazying on her couch after sending Jinri back to her unit. The two best friends were just finishing to prepare what they should bring for their first time in college, by the next day. Earlier they have shared stories, since they went to see each household for the weekend. Jinri had even brought Jinyoung for her visit to Busan, as Suzy was contented to meet her family again after quite a long time.

She was currently watching her favorite TV series, afore she heard someone’s knocking on her door.

“Oh, you.” Suzy said shortly when she caught who was coming by the time.

Taeyong did meet her eyes in a straight line, as he was trying to adjust his breath pacing. “Did Taehyung come here?”

“Nope.” She responded. “Ah, I haven’t called him after I came home…” Suzy spoke when taking her phone out from the front counter.

“Perhaps you don’t need to do that right now.” Taeyong halted her by snatching the mobile on hold.

“Hey! Give me my phone back!” Suzy yelled at him.

Taeyong kept it on his grip as he was observing her coldly. Shutting his orbs for a jiff he did, by way of getting ready to tell her what was going on between he and Taehyung before.

“He found out.”

A part of Taeyong might questioned why Suzy haven’t been reacting as she should be, as he was eventually resuming the sentence.

“I told him about us when he came to my place, earlier today.”

It was like a lightning everyone has expected in such gloomy time of the season, at that point, Suzy has pushed Taeyong away from her door verge.

“Are you out of your mind?!” Suzy cried, her sight was creased in exasperation. “You sick!”

“I was just being honest to my best friend…” Taeyong has attempted to reach her face, but she rejected his hand indeed. “He deserves to know, and I know you know it.”

Suzy refused to meet Taeyong’s eyes, as she has grabbed her phone back and turn around to take some stuff from inside her place. She took in her outer carelessly, just before she locked the door when shoving the still Taeyong even further. He was determined to prevent her going to wherever she thought for, yet being with him was the least thing she ever wanted. Whether it was just right now, or maybe she never desired to be with him at all.

But one thing for sure, Suzy had really, really hated Taeyong at this present.

“I thank you for totally ruining my relationship with Taehyung.” She walked out from the place as putting her hands on the pocket and began marching through the hallway.

Just before she turned around once more, beholding the frozen Taeyong who was still securing his view to her every move.

“I’ll probably do everything to make Taehyung stays alive… Because I can’t imagine how everything will turn out without him… And you know what,” Suzy had barely gazed to Taeyong when saying this. “Why aren’t you the one who’s gone from my life instead of Taehyung?”

Taeyong had stiffened when he had listening to what she stated. As it has pierced definitely into his own sentiment.

 


 

Taehyung pondered over his decision, refusing Jungkook’s offer to play with the game console and being secluded at the Kim’s mansion veranda as a substitute. He then sighed when he looked up to the cloudy sky as it was nearly dark, as if the heaven above was probably understanding his mood downwards. Never did he thought he and Taeyong would have a dispute within their strong friendship, over a girl, as he trusted this one possibly was the best they both will ever require.

Throughout these years, he was the only person Taeyong ever called as a best friend. How could he overlooked that the lone best friend had distinct feelings toward someone? This important person turned out to be whom he ever loved for such a short span of his life. Someone who was none other than Suzy, his own girlfriend by now.

Taehyung still could not believe it.

It was arguably why he did not mind the most about the part when they were— yeah, everyone can call it what they want. In its place, Taehyung had his worry more and more about Taeyong’s state of mind.

Suzy was different. Taehyung knew it ever since the first time he saw her, but, he never thought it’d applied to such unemotional person as his own best friend.

Even though Taeyong did not admit about it and Taehyung knew he could never do so.

But again, did Taeyong had ever feel hurt when he constantly rambled things about her? Given that he always talked about a certain girl, whenever both of them had spent, or even happened to chanced and see her. As it perhaps explained why Taeyong had always willingly looked over her, in regard for himself. Speaking about that one night after Suzy’s birthday when he called her and she was with Taeyong. Plus, dozens of times when something like that had occurred.

In no way, how could he did not understand it at all?

Taehyung felt like he needed to put things into places before his life must be ended.

 

Taehyung put his head onto a palm, as he did not identify Suzy has decided to go on and approach him. She rubbed the boyfriend’s back gently, hoping that anything she required to explain would put their relationship in much better state. Taehyung had overwhelmed his packed thoughts, by way he raised his chin up and to find the girl he loved was stooping in front of him.

“I have stuff that I need to speak with you.” Suzy said as she was down on her knees and by now had Taehyung looked blue at her.

“I guess Taeyong has told you everything.” Taehyung uttered after he held both Suzy’s hands and wrapped it into his. He was enclosing his sight as he leaned in to put his temple into the intertwined limbs.

His heavy breath she could detect and he could not conceal the dejection he felt at the same time.

Suzy tried to restrain her tears, grasping the hold even tighter. “You can be mad at me…”

“How can I be mad at you?” Taehyung countered, before he repeated with regret laced in his deep voice. “How can I be mad…at you?”

Suzy sniffled, at last, getting the loss of Taehyung on her mind and it never had been this chilling. Her indecisive memory of having more than enough encounters here and there, before she was finally fell for Taehyung.

“I’m sorry.” Then, she whispered.

He pecked her forehead, even though Suzy sensed that things would not be going smoothly as it was. She let him clasped her for a while as for an embrace, which caused her shivered in some of vague way.

“I’m sorry, too… I don’t think we need to continue this, starts from now.” Taehyung expressed when he released her from his hold.

Suzy gazed at him, being clueless and was kind of hesitant to ask. “W-what is this you’re talking about?”

“Our relationship.” Taehyung replied, earnestly.

He, then, sighed again before pulling himself away from the girl, trying to secrete the utmost sorrow he felt deep inside. It was killing him to see her tears began streaming after what he merely stated.

“You don’t need to be with me, anymore…” he added. “You can leave, now.”

Suzy reacted while she wept. “But, I don’t want to, Taehyung… I want to be with you—“

“Then, I’ll be the one who leaves you.”

Taehyung had purely took glance at her, once again, as he really got up leaving the spot.

 

Suzy had been grateful for the rain, later she has remained seated to where Taehyung had left and she was embarrassed for her own sobs. It was a total mess lingered in her head, considering it was non-sense to cry over the fault she had caused, even with another person should’ve been in the picture. However, she couldn’t wrap up her mind about the thought, which it should be the reason why he lose Taehyung.

She was letting herself to be soaked in the pouring shower, but yet, it has stopped simply wherein she placed. She viewed up to notice Jungkook was handing an umbrella above her.

“Taetae hyung will be upset if he knows you being drenched like this,” Jungkook said with his round orbs and still expression.

“Go inside your house, Jungkook.” Suzy spoke firmly, though her tone was wobbly because of the shivering. She stared at the younger, who was by now, having the complete raindrops since he was covering it from her. “Or, you won’t be able to go to school tomorrow because of cold.”

Jungkook rolled his eyes, with his one hand was steady keeping the umbrella and another then grabbing her arm. “Ugh, Taetae hyung won’t be pleased if this is the cause of you get sick.”

Suzy had no words to be countered when she was hauled to go inside with Jungkook. Even when she tried to get off, and more's her pity, the high school boy was much stronger than what he appeared innocently.

 


 

Taeyong had no idea how long he stayed, sitting down in front of Suzy’s unit. He listened to the raining sound, which accompanied him in the single-handed time contemplating his slip-up. In a day, he became a total disappointment— and an — for two of the most important persons in his life. He was still busy suppressing what had happened because of what he did earlier.

Taehyung was wounded because of him, it was clear what he gets from the look given by his best friend. As Suzy had surely hated him, more than she was supposed to. She even wished him to be dead and disappeared from her sight. It was when Taeyong began thinking that he might not be worth and strived enough, especially to almost everyone he cared for.

He observed the hallway once more to find that it was still empty. There was no sign of her returning to her dwell.

The rain was pouring harder when Taeyong walked out the apartment complex and strutted across the road to the bus stop. He put on the jacket’s hood, granting his half-sighted worse for his one poor eye. It blurred even more when he was crossing the way, discerning as the street gave the impression of hollow.

Alas, Taeyong then caught a very loud noise of car’s honk from his right side and he felt his body has collided with something so hard.

 


 

A/N: Why can't somebody just love this one unconditionally? :'(

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Please enjoy this chapter and don't forget to leave comments! <3