Conflict

Holding on Tight
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

Chapter 1

 

“That’s all for today everyone. I’ll see you next week,” Jin Kyung addressed the younger models under her mentoring class and gathered her things. She walked toward the lounge area which also serves as an office that she shared with her other model friends in their company. Aside from being a model, she’s also a mentor in their company along with other fellow models. Some of the new models who were signed under their agency models were being mentored by the models with more experience like her to help them develop their modeling skills.

Jinkyung sighed in relief when she reached their lounge area and immediately laid on the couch. The day wasn't even finished yet but she felt like she had been working the whole day. She came straight from two photo shoots before coming for her mentoring class. She woke up at four in the morning for an early photo shoot but it was delayed for an hour because the photographer was late. The other photoshoot took longer than expected to finish because of the other model, Yeo Yeon-hee had a problem sharing the cover page of the magazine with her. Apparently, she thought that she will be on the magazine cover alone. The other model always had a problem with her ever since they joined in a modelling competition. The never got along since Yeon-hee always tried to put her down. It didn’t help that she beat her in most of the challenges and also that she finished second and Yeon-hee finished third place. Ever since they see each other on photoshoots or in fashion shows, the other model never missed the chance to show her that she dislikes her. She shook her head and didn’t want to think about it anymore. She was just thankful the photoshoot was done.

“Long day?” Hoyeon, one of her best friends, asked her.

She gave her a tired smile. “You have no idea Unnie.”

Hoyeon smiled and shook her head. She went to get a cold bottle of water for her. “Want me to order something for you?”

“Thanks Unnie.” She smiled gratefully. Her friends really know how to take care of her. “I want to eat some greasy stuff.”

“I’ll order some burger and fries for you then.”

When she first started modelling, she didn’t eat foods that might affect her diet. Being new to the modelling world, she was afraid of gaining weight and how will it affect her modelling career. As she grew older, she taught herself how to allowed herself to enjoy the foods she wasn’t able to enjoy before. It was hard for her to let the lifestyle go but she was happy she did.

“I heard Yeon-hee made a scene during your photoshoot this morning,” Hoyeon said as she took a sit beside her.

“How did you know about that Unnie?” she asked her, surprised.

“Yuri Unnie told me about it,” she answered, pertaining to her manager. “You should have called me. I would have put her in her right place,” Hoyeon added, looking really annoyed. Her friends weren’t the biggest of the model since they knew how Yeon-hee hated her. They often make her life difficult when they attend the same events or when they have photoshoots especially when they knew that the model did something to her. She often tells them to stop but sometimes, it's fun to watch her friends make the model eat her own medicine.

“It’s okay Unnie. The photographer shut her down.”

Hoyeon didn’t look satisfied. “She’s not even supposed to be on the cover. She’s just chummy chummy with the magazine editor. She should be thankful she’s doing it with you. No one will buy the magazine if she’s on the cover,” her friend added.

Jinkyun just smiled and shook her head. Aside from always spoiling her, her friends also take care of her by always defending her and looking out for her. She debuted in the modelling world at the age of fifteen when she placed second in a modeling competition. Although Jinkyung placed second in a popular modelling competition and was praised a lot by the members of the panel, she still had insecurities. Compared to a lot of models and most importantly, shewas still so young and no real experience under her name.

Thankfully, Jinkyung was signed in an agency where she met wonderful people who later became her friends. They didn’t see her as a new competition. Instead, they took her under their wings and helped her cope in the modeling world. Not only that she was the youngest in their group, she also had the least experience when they met. She didn’t know how she would be able to survive if it weren’t for her friends. And even though they’ve become successful on their own rights, Jinkyung was very thankful that they were still her friends. She didn’t have a lot of friends but she was contented with the friends she has right now. Jinkyung knew that whatever happens, they would always be there for her like they always had been when she was just no one.

“Are you going to pick up Joduka later from the airport?” Hoyeon asked because she knew that she wanted subject dropped.

She shook her head. “He’ll be going straight to filming from the airport.”

Jota sent her a message this morning informing her that he has some sudden change in schedule with his drama shooting.

It wasn’t the first time it happened. Because of their busy schedules, especially Jongwha, getting in touch with each other can be hard. There are times when they couldn’t get in touch with each other for days most specially when they have schedules overseas like at the moment. Jota and his fellow MADTOWN members were in Japan for their album promotions. They try to at least leave a message to each other every day.

 

Her and Jongwha, or Judoka, as to what her and her friends call him because of his love for Judo, had been going out for four months already although it’s been kept secret. Only few people know about their relationship, most of them were from her side. With his profession as an idol and an actor, and a very successful one at that, the news of him dating could affect his career. Celebrities dating publicly is being frowned upon in Korean. A lot of celebrity couple have broken up because the people, most specially the fans, reacted negatively to the relationships. She didn’t mind dating publicly as models don’t receive much spotlight like idols and actors does. She’s one of the most successful models in Korea in her generation. But as successful as she was, she always wanted normalcy in her life. She wanted to do what normal couples do. She’s not also the one who bases how she lives her life by listening to other’s opinion. But given Jota’s profession, they decided to keep the relationship a secret. It was hard, especially on her part, but she’s learning to deal with it.

“Want to come with us then? We’re going to pick up the ordered supplies needed for the Feed Me Project with the gang.”

“Sure. I’m done for the day anyway.”

The Feed Me Project is one of the programs of Kind Acts for Me, a foundation they and the other models and friends outside the modelling industry started three years ago. It started out as a small charity program but then they started a foundation when they were able to have more sponsors and donors for

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter