Chapter 9

A Little Bit Too Cute
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

"Yixing, it's hot you know," Sehun complained to the brunette who was clinging like a koala on his back. It was Saturday afternoon, the sun was at its peak and it was too hot, but they still had to do their math homework and study all their subjects for the exams next week before their summer break starts.

 

"I know," Yixing pouted, hugging Sehun tighter. They were in Sehun's room, sitting on Sehun's bed with papers and books scattered everywhere and Yixing couldn't concentrate at all. Seeing all these and realizing how many subjects he still had to review made him feel really anxious. "Let's eat ice cream," he smiled pleadingly as Sehun looked back at him.

 

"No way!" Sehun smacked Yixing's face away from him using the book he was holding. He stood up and started organizing their studying materials. Yixing was the one who scattered them all, too anxious to focus on one and not knowing where to start. "We just ate, idiot," he argued as Yixing watched him organize their stuffs. It wasn't that hot anyway. The aircon was on. It was just that Yixing wouldn't stop clinging to him. "We studied these before so we just have to review," he sat in front of Yixing and pinched those cheeks. "So don't panic."

 

Yixing looked up at Sehun first, unsure if he really shouldn't panic. He threw himself on Sehun and hugged him again. "Let's sleep first," he suggested cutely.

 

Sehun quickly flicked Yixing's forehead, hearing that. "No! Stop procrastinating and start studying," he used all his might to push the clingy koala away before taking their math homework. They should start with this, at the very least, before reviewing what was needed to be reviewed. He saw Yixing pout sadly so he hugged the shorter. "It's okay," he comforted, patting Yixing's back.

 

Yixing tend to overthink everything and Sehun knew why the former was acting this way. Yixing's twin-hyungs graduated with the highest ranks when they were in high school so he felt pressured to achieve the same. But it wasn't like his parents nor were his hyungs expecting him to do the same. Yixing was the only one who thought he'd make everyone disappointed if he didn't do so.

 

"Didn't Uncles tell us to just do our best?" Sehun asked.

 

Yixing bit his lower lip. That's true. Ever since before, his parents just wanted him to do his best. It was no different now. "Y-Yeah," he agreed. He pulled away from the hug and smiled at Sehun. "Sorry, I kinda got carried away," he chuckled.

 

"That's why you really need me," Sehun smiled almightily.

 

"Don't get cocky," it was now Yixing's turn to push Sehun away from him. "Let's go."

 

 

Today marked Yixing's and Sehun's graduation day and Yixing couldn't hide the smile on his face. His parents and hyungs took the day off just to spend today with him and he couldn't be any happier. He looked back from his seat and looked at his family. He smiled from ear to ear and they all smiled back at him. His heart welled up in happiness, seeing how proud his family was of him.

 

The graduation ceremony went on. Sehun was at the top as everyone expected but the whole Park family was surprised when Yixing's name was called out. He was ranked 8th and they were sure no one informed them about that. Yixing didn't tell his family at all. The parents happily put the medal around Yixing's neck while the twins excitedly took pictures of him.

 

"Why didn't you tell us?" Chanyeol asked after the cere

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter