Short Getaway

A Surprise Gift
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

[Simon Dominic and Lee Hi Are Captured on a Date in Jeju Island]

 

"Hayi-ya, are you ready?"

"Yes, music~~!" 

"God, Hayi. You sure has thousands battery in you" Her coach .

"This is my first concert so I wanna give the best I can do"

"You are really the same Hayi I saw on Kpop Star" 

Hayi just smiled back.

Hayi has been practicing all day all night for her concert preperation in China and she didn't want to dissapoints her Chinese fans so she's really focus. 

During her practice, suddenly her manager Unnie came and interrupt.

"Hayi!! This is the call you've been waiting for" Manager Unnie running with excitement.

"Ah unnie don't disturb me" Hayi's annoyed.

"Ya! See this! See see!" Manager Unnie pointed at the screen phone eagerly.

"I know I know, just... later" Hayi doesn't even look at the phone screen.

"Hayi.. seriously? You've practice for too long." Manager Unnie offers her phone once again.

"Unnie, please" Hayi gives her a 'shoo-shoo sign', asking her to go.

"Just a reminder Hayi, you have not contacted your boyfriend for a week. I wouldn't mind break up with you if I was him" Manager Unnie speaks in a lower tone, making Hayi offended.

"Unnie, you work as my manager to manage my worklife not my lovelife." Hayi glared at her, pissed off. 

"Fine" Manager Unnie just left her without even looking back again.

"Coach-nim, please continue" 

"Hayi-ya, I'm not trying to stop you from practicing but.. if you have commit to be in a relationship, you have to focus on that too. It's a part of your life now."

"Arrayeo, Coach-nim" Hayi just ignore what he has said.

 

-

 

After the practice, Hayi went back home. No difference than any other night, there will be a 'guy' who'll accompany Hayi. Sometimes, Bobby would pick her up and take her out for dinner, just for casual talks. Then, any other day would be Mino Oppa's turn, picking her up and bring her to his studio and ask for Hayi's opinion. There's a time where Hayi picked Chanhyuk up from his house so that they can meet up with her gang after her practice. Hayi spent so much time with her friends where she sometimes forgot that she has a boyfriend. It's not all Hayi's fault though. Hayi is not a type of girl who approaches men first, she's the one people shoul approach to first. In the past 2 weeks, Hayi and Ssam D managed to meet only once. Ssam D spent most of his time on the studio and abroad. 

"Hayi-ya" 

"Wae?"

"Why I've never seen you being picked up by your own namja chingu?" 

"What's wrong with that?"

"There's nothing wrong with it for me, as you know I'm just like you. But you know, people in our agency started to think that you both are breaking up" 

"Oh really? I don't mind, though"

"Hayi-"

"Hanbin-a. This is the reason why I've been single for 20 years. I really don't like people judging my personal life, it's really annoying Besides, Ssam D understand my situation and he said he's okay with it." 

"I didn't know you're such a dense girl, Hayi-ya. You think he really mean it? Being a grown up man, yes of course he would say he's okay with you being busy and not giving attention to him. But, deep down inside, he sure have a really tiny hopes that you would still spare your time for him. Well at least, call him. I heard from your manager that you refused to answer his call. What's wrong with you?"

Hayi seriously was being knocked down by Hanbin's statement. She couldn't defense herself with her selfishness. Come to think of it, Hanbin's right. Why would she be so ignorant? 

 

-

 

Hayi layed down on the couch, still can't get over what Hanbin had said to her earlier. She rested her head on the pillow, looking up at the ceiling. Her mind was blank but her heart was hurt. Why does it felt so wrong? She then decided to call Ssam D but she felt extremly nervous. She doesn't know why calling a boyfriend would be so stressful. She took her phone from her bag and sat back down on the couch. She looked for his name in the contact list, 'Lovely Old Man" it is. She hesitated at first, spent almost 10 minutes, struggling with her own mind whether to call him first or not. 

"Hayi, you know you miss him. Call him!" 

"Ani, ani, this is not right. How could a girl call a man first? Cheap af."

"Ya, you've rejected his call earlier. Now pay back"

"He should've call again. Why should I?!"

She's fighting with her own mind whether to call or not when suddenly her phone rings. Her body was shaking in excitement when Hayi looked at the screen phone. It's none other than Ssam D! She cleared and press the answer button. 

"Hello?" Hayi greeted nervously. 

"Hayi ya, long time no talk. Don't you miss me?"

"Of course I miss you Oppa"

"Why don't you make an effort to call me, then?"

Hayi was knocked out. She surely knows the answer but being honest in this situation is not a good idea.

"Uhm- uh- I was busy practicing"

"But would hang out with iKon friends or went to Code Kunst's house after practice?" Simon D is throwing bombs at her.

"Y-ya.. why are you doing this to me Oppa?" Hayi started to feel uneasy.

"Hayi, I know that you're pursuing your dream right now and I'm aware that I shouldn't be blocking you from that. But can't you, please, make me at least as your third, fourth or even just fifth priority? We've not been going on dates for a two months now, we called only once a week and you always answers my chat shortly. Do you think this is what couples do?"

Hayi stays silent.

"Since we're grown ups Hayi, I'm going to be honest with you. I don't think this relationship is healthy and I don't see any future for us. I'm 33 now, a man at this age needs affections and support from a woman. Also, having a family of my own is all I wanted right now. I don't think I could get all these from you Hayi-ya. I know from the very beginning that we would just hurt ourselves but.."

Hayi didn't speak a word. All she could do is stopping herself from crying, she did not want Simon to hear that. She has to stay strong.

But she can't.

"I think we should give it a break" Simon D added.

Hayi can't hold her tears anymore, this is a good way of saying break up, right? There's no such t

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter