Chapter 7

방탄소년단 8th Member?!
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

UNFAIR. UNACCEPTABLE.

That's been the only words that keeps playing on Jungkook's 'amazing' mind the whole day. He tried to distract himself by making fun of his hyungs, Jimin and Taehyung, but everytime he took a glimpse of the cause of his dilemma, the more he felt anxious, envious, insecure or in other words jealous, although he wouldn't admit it, but he is. His baby pout turned into a full pout when Jin and Yoongi was getting more and more close to her 'physically' especially what happened that particular morning.

He was startled when a finger poke his cheeks and whispered. "What's bothering you, maknae?"

It was J-hope.

"Nothing, hyung." And tried to shoved J-hope's hand.

But thanks to J-hope's fast reflex, he easily avioded it and pinch their maknae's cheeks. "Try harder on lying to me, maknae. I know something or maybe someone's troubling you? Ey." Hoseok said while directing his gaze to a certain girl.

Jungkook blushed.

"Ha! Bingo!" He shouted.

Jungkook was on the verge of strangling his loud-mouth hyung when six pair of eyes are looking at them weirdly.

"Makna--"

"N-nothing, guys. Hyung was just being--- being normal." He covered J-hope's mouth and laughed awkwardly.

And with that, they ignored the 2 but Jamie look at both of them worriedly. Jungkook mouthed a very shy 'we're okay'.

The girl nodded and smile.

That smile for Jungkook was the most purest and genuine he had ever saw. True, there were many idols that are almost like goddesses who came down from heaven but his interest was caught by this girl. She maybe sarcastic and tried to make fun of herself all the time, but those innocent sparkling pair of eyes and heart-melting smile made Jungkook felt like he was blessed and wanted to hide her for himself only, however, it's impossible. 

J-hope who stop struggling, sighed.  *Man, this one is hopeless.*

It's not secret to all the members that their maknae has eyes for Jamie ever since their first appearance on ASC, so they've been trying their best to force Jungkook to befriend the girl Jimin ('cause they're both '97 liners, they thought that Jungkook needs a friend that is his age). But boy, their maknae is a one hella an awkward shrimp. So their efforts went down in vain. That's why J-hope thought that it's hopeless.

He nudge Jungkook.

"Hey, why so awkward? You seem close with each other back at JYP. " J-hope pointed out.

Jungkook lowered his head because what J-hope has said was true. Getting closer to a girl with so many overprotective people around her is very challenging and hard. All he ever wanted was to be good friends with her (or probably more deeper in the future).

"Hyung."

"Hmmm?"

He inhaled heavily. "I wanted to be close to her not just a friend."

J-hope was stunned. He never saw Jungkook this stern and honest about his feelings. The look in his eyes screams determination. He smiled widely. Their maknae is growing up to be a responsible adult. 

"Are you a hundred percent sure of that? Remember, you'd be dealing with the whole world. Your career and hers is at stake. Also you'll have to face her oppa's and unnie's that are ready to fight for her. And according to my sources, you're not the only one who has been liking our girl." 

And with that he was shaken abruptly by their maknae. "What do you mean, hyung. Tell me."

"O-okay...wai--...st--op..shaking me." Jungkook obliged.

Trying to fix his crumpled sleeves, J-hope thought that next time, he'll try to filter his mouth even more. He sighed. "As what you've heard, my 'sources' told me that their were this other idols that getting pretty much attached to her recently."

He frowned. "And those idols are?"

"Mostly, male idols." Jungkook glared at him. "Yah!!! Don't blame me. Those hyungs told me everything." 

*Oh snap.* J-hope thought. *Me and my big useless mouth.*

Crossing his arms, Jungkook eyed J-hope. "Why don't you tell me all about it, hyung. Or should I force you to spill it."

Sometimes, their maknae doesn't act like a maknae and to J-hope it's dangerous because he'll literally 'force' him to say it. He sighed. "You know Jae-hyung of day6, right? Me and Namjoon was invited by Kevin-hyung to hangout last week. To our surprise Jackson and Jae-hyung also was invited by him. We talked all night and came to this topic about Jiminie being with us in this reality show. Of course, Jackson was in raged about it and beg us if they could trade Bambam or Yugyeomie instead of her. Then Jae-hyung commented about the other boys might be jealous of us and bam, that started all. First was Kevin hyung, he told us that everytime there'll be male guests on ASC, 1 or 2 of the members would kind of take a liking on her and ask her number after the show." Jungkook flinched on male idols asking her number. "And there was Jae hyung talking about Jiminie's popularity on Japanese male fans, saying that some fans even bluntly asked her out and even marry her when they did JYP Nation in Japan. Jackson also revealed that when Jiminie was 18 a rich university student ask her out but Taecyeon sunbaenim, Nickhun sunbaenim, Wooyoung sunbaenim and Chansung sunbaenim chased that guy away in the most civil way, saying they would allow Jimin to date if he finished his university, find a decent job and earn 4,000,000 won a month and what was shocking, the guy agreed to it. Frankly speaking, I would never imagine someone would ask Jiminie out for a date because look at her oppas, they're insanely shielding her from the wonderful world of dating." Jungkook nodded in agreement.

"I'm in a big trouble." He sighed again.

" Also, Jae hyung said that Jimin gained more admirers when she turned 19." J-hope continued. "So, how are you going to win her?"

"I'll wait till we both turn 20. And besides it's

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter