Of Flirting and Nostalgia

Of Fire and Ice
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

A/N: Happy birthday to this little story right here! Haha. I can't believe its been one year since I first started writing this guy. Thank you to all of you who've stuck it out even with that hiatus and thank you to everyone who actively shows their support! I can't begin to explain how much that motivates me! I'll also have another chapter up this Friday for my birthday because that's how dedicated I am. I hope you guys enjoy! And don't forget to leave a comment or an upvote if you think this deserves it! Cheetolord out!

~~

The second time the Maple Leaf contacted them it was up close and personal. A calculated collision of shoulders, a muttered apology, then a slip of the fingers into her coat pocket, the smell of expensive cologne. A tall, skinny guy wearing a black cap and trenchcoat. She missed none of it. She let him go.

The same format.

Namsan Tower. 10P.

Messy lettering. Cheap ballpoint and ninety-nine cent notepaper. Unnoticeable, disposable at most. Presumably in the case of it being lost. Presumably to be thrown away at a seconds notice.

Seulgi did just that.

Irene called it in to Lee. He sounded pleased. They were told to head to the rendezvous point when the time was right. Seulgi slipped her wallet and phone into the pockets and slipped on running shoes. She glanced at Irene.

“Are we going to go or what?”

“It’s barely two. We have a couple hours.”

“And we have to act like a couple of star crossed lovers in eight. We’re worse than strangers off a street.”

Irene looked constipated. Closed the laptop and stood up slowly like a kid who didn’t want to go to school and slipped her things into her pockets. Seulgi turned around and opened the door. It was going to be a long day.

 

Agents are better than Hollywood actors. Actors act for the spotlight of cameras, agents act to survive another day. So, by the end of the first hour, Irene had it down. Smile constantly, link arms, hold hands, look into each other’s eyes like the whole universe are in them. It was easy enough.

She was better at it. She had the eyes, and the smile, and a natural way of initiating casual touches. Seulgi had stutters and side long glances, and an awkward way with fumbling fingers. People stared and whispered and made way for them wherever they went. No pictures because they weren’t that stupid. Or maybe they were. Just smart enough to do it discreetly.

They were both small. Seulgi only an inch or two taller and just a few centimeters larger in frame. But being an agent, there was a presence you acquired. No matter how small in physique, aura made up for it. In their cases, looks played a part in it too. So where they should have blended in, they stuck out like sore thumbs.

It didn’t matter at this point, really.

No one was going to bother them, and if they did they’d have something to worry about other than their next house bill. Maybe a hospital bill instead. They weren’t bothered.

The cafe they spotted was a cozy looking place. A lot different in looks and atmosphere than the ones in Canada, but warm all the same. It wasn’t snowing, but there was at least two inches on the ground. Cold enough.

The interior was all wood. Like a cabin in the depths of a forest. It smelled like coffee and sounded like comfort and Seulgi immediately took a liking to it. She was hyper aware of Seulgi’s hand shifting in hers. The slight brush of elbows and the tilt of the head to position near her ear.

“What should we get, babe?”

Not a beat. Smooth as a pair of greased wheels. “You know I’m fine with anything you like.”

Seulgi took it with a smile and a tug of her coat. She was getting better. Irene followed. They ordered a cup of hot chocolate and an espresso. Sat down against a wall with a clear view of the door and windows. Habit at this point, not a chore.

Irene propped her chin up on the palm of her hand. Watched Seulgi with an intensity, reaching out

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter