Beauty Sleep

EXO SERIES: I'm Wu Yifan's Happy Virus [EDITING]
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

A/N: I've thought of making this a Chan Rin episode but I am still not sure about it since it's actually over already. I've mentioned the Chan Rin couple near the end of the Lu Han fic, some of you remember? Maybe there will be one chapter of the Chan Rin couple ib the future :) Enjoy! 

---

>>SO EUN'S POV<<

The Poker face and I poiltely bowed to Mr. Soo Man's friend and waved him goodbye. 

"You can always come back to clean the hot spring!" Ahjussi shouted and I nodded, promising that we'd return someday. 

"Katie Ahn, hurry or I'll drive without you." Kris said causing me to climb quickly into his car and closing the door. "Fasten your seatbelt." He reminded me and I did as he told me. Then Kris drove us back to Seoul. 

Mr. Poker face dropped me off at the SM building. I got off and tapped on the car window, hinting Kris to roll it down. 

"Won't you go to the company anymore?" I wanted to know and pointed on the agency behind me. "It's not late at all. You did want to write a new song with me, did you?" 

Kris gazed me with his usual face expression. "I don't like giving up my bedtime. My sleep is important no matter what the time is."

I slowly nodded. "Arasso, then let's do it another time." I said and moved away from the black car. Kris nodded once and drove away. I turned to the huge building and took a deep breath. 

Why does he have to be so mysterious?

What are his secrets? 

Why is this favor so difficult to do?

Entering the studio, I greeted Joon Seok sunbae and sank into my office chair. 

"I've tried so hard and I still don't know anything about him. I only know that he is snobbish sometimes but still, it's impossible to approach the Poker face." I told Joon Seok sunbae and crossed my arms over my chest. 

"Never mind, it was just a favor. Perhaps, we'll never know what his secrets are about. My dear dongsaeng is doing to stay a mystery." Joon Seok replied and ordered me to open the door to the other half of the studio. 

I won't give up,

I just can't spy on the Poker face and telling him everything afterwards.

So, I will spy on Kris without telling Joon Seok what I've found out. 

"There's no one who could sing the song you've written so you have to do this on your own. No worries, it's only a demo." The music producer explained to me and I got up to enter the recording studio. 

I held the sheets of paper in my hands and waited for Joon Seok to play the music. 

I've dreamt of becoming a singer once.

Which doesn't mean that I can actually sing.

"Pretty voice." I heard someone saying, and it wasn't Joon Seok sunbae. "I'm glad you didn't become a singer instead of a songwriter though." 

I am too.

I turned around and saw Kris standing on the door. 

"I thought you are at home for your beauty sleep." I teased Kris and took the headphones off. "Or have you changed your mind?" 

Kris sat down on my office chair and leaned back. 

"Maybe. Maybe I haven't. Who knows?" The Poker face asked and leaned forward, keeping his arms crossed. "Just continue singing, you have a pretty voice." Kris spoke into the microphone and I nodded understanding. He nudged Joon Seok sunbae with his elbow and told him to play the music again. 

siseoni jayeonseure georeummada
neol ttaragajanha

I wrote this song with a special thought in my mind. It was the only reason why Mr. Soo Man accepted this song, unlike the other ones. There was a hidden message if you read the lyrics, for the fans. They had to stay loyal and wait for EXO's comeback, they shouldn't leave and be too impatient. 

Joon Seok clapped his hands and lited his thumbs up. Kris was watching me with a serious face expression, ignoring his friend. 

"Yifan is right, your voice is really pretty." Joon Seok sunbae complimented me and I thanked him before exiting the recording studio. I wanted to take a seat on my office chair first, but since Kris sat there already, I took a seat somewhere else. In front of my keyboard. 

"Isn't it a great feeling to know that one of your songs is accepted into their first studio album? I mean, millions of people will listen to it and they will love it." Joon Seok folded his hands and leaned back. "Mr. Soo Man thinks the songs you and I produce here won't be as good as the songs of the other songwriters and producers because they are older and they apparently have more experience. So don't be disappointed at all if he rejects some of your composings." 

I nodded and opened a new page in my notebook.

"Have fun writing the song again in Chinese." Kris said and let out a dry laugh. 

 I teasingly smiled at him and by now I knew that it annoyed him when I was smiling all the time. 

That's bad luck. 

I can't change.

Mr. Kris rolled his eyes and started talking to his friend. Joon Seok got up from his seat and told us that he'd get something to drink for us, glancing at me with a knowing look. 

I should try it one time, he tries to tell me. 

I am not sure if it will work.

na ke lian de mu guang na gu shi tai mi mang

"Is that my part?" I winced and almost jumped away. I turned my head to him and realized that his face was only a few inches away from mine. Suddenly, Kris grabbed my notebook again and read it. "Wow, you've already written five lines." 

Yes, because I just started, Mr. Kris.

"You might be fluent in Mandarin, but you also need to write it correctly." Kris added and held out his hand. I eyed him, he was reading the lyrics I've written so far. 

Five lines.

"Give me a pencil." Kris said impatiently and I placed one on his palm. He grabbed it and wrote something down.

Please don't ruin my song, Mr. Kris.

"Here." He handed me my notebook and I read what he has changed. "I've just added two lines." 

jiu zai na tian wan shang chui jin wo de xin
yi shou cang

"Wow." I slightly crooked my head and read the two lines again and again. 

"I'm quite creative, huh?" The Poker face crossed his arms and grinned, proud of himself. 

Two darn lines.

But they are good.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter