It's the most beautiful place you can imagine. p.1

Do you regret it?

 

Honey don't!

Key, get down!

Mr. Kim!

 


UMMA!

Key!

 

"Ah!"

I woke up with a scream. For a second images from the dream were filling my mind before everything went in oblivion.

I just continue to lie somewhere warm and soft, panting and holding my eyes tightly closed.

When, after a minute or something, I tried to open them a strange bright light blurred my vision. I blinked one or two times before it decreased turning out to be a window. A large French window with violet curtains trough which the sunlight was shining on my face. Right next to it stood a big vase with dozen sunflowers in it. My favorite

I felt the extremes of my lips twist upward in a smile at the beautiful scene but it immediately fell when a question hit me.

"Where am I?" 

I stood up quickly ignoring the pain at the head and looked around.

It was a bedroom. The walls were painted in light yellow to green color. There were few paintings hanging - mostly of flowers. One caught my eyes however. It was definitely a child's drawing. It portrayed three people standing on a glade - two mans and a little kid (a family?). They were holding hands and smiling to each other. I could feel the warm feeling emitting from it. Although it was childish and not so well done like the others it was far more precious. It figures the one who had arranged the room had the same thought as it was hanging right above the bed.

The opposite wall was entirely occupied by a big mahogany commode. It looked antique yet not intimidating like most old (and expensive) stuff.

I took few steps toward it my eyes skimming over the things I could see behind the glass. Photos in frames, little boxes decorated with pearls and silver, a music box and small figure of an angel next to it. The next thing I know was my hands opening the glass door so I can see everything clearer.

I took one of the frames and peered into the photo. It was very similar to the drawing.  Tree people, walking along what seemed a dirt road - two mans and a kid. One of the man was holding the child's hand smiling at the other who was pointing at something ahead. They looked very happy; very peaceful; very in love. And one of them was me.

'Wait, what?!'

How come I'm there? My mind paralyzed unable to comprehend what's going on.

Why was I there? When it was taken? Who are these people I smile so lovingly at?

I couldn't take it anymore and put the picture back to its place hurriedly walking to the door. Only God knows what was waiting out there but if it contained answers for my questions I'm willing to take it.

I turned the lock and pushed.

"Ah!"

Everything became more complicating. I found myself face to face with another man. The same man with who I was laughing in the picture. Maybe a little older, but undoubtedly the same.

He stood in front of me with frozen smile. What should I do?

"Key?"

"Yeah?"He really does now me! Oh my God!

"Bummie!"suddenly he hugged me.

His voice had sounded so desperate I didn't dare to jerk back. Warm tears wetted my shirt.

In the same I was thinking feverously. Bummie? No one ever had called me like this. Yet I was sure it was me who he was referring to. Who is this man exactly?

This was getting too much for me. For once my head hurt like , I woke up in unfamiliar bedroom, not remembering God know what and now a strange man was hugging me like I come back from the death.
"I'm sorry but who are you?" I exploded.

He set me free and looked at me shocked.

"Bummie?"

Again this name.

"My name is Kibum."I probably sounded cold but I couldn't care less "Will you tell me what's going on please? I ... I don't understand."

He stared at me mouth agape.

"You don't know?"

"No? Know what? I don't even remember. How did I get here? From where?!"

He stared at me for some second before opening his mouth and telling me the first thing that made sense today:

"Let's go sit in the living room then."

 

"So ... I'm married to you?"I looked at Jonghyun, apparently the man's name, putting great effort to not freak out.

I had a family! A husband! A kid! A freaking family that seemed to making me happy! I had a life!

"Yeah." he said looking at me with sad look I could not understand"One year ago you had an accident which put you in a deep state of coma. Since you woke up, the doctor permitted me to take you home but ... I guess it had its after-effects."

'Great effects!'I was about to snort when suddenly

"Umma!"a bunch of chestnut hair hugged me and I lost my words for good.

"Umma! Umma!"the little creature kept chanting. Like some kind of spell.

I eyed intently Jonghyun begging for his help. This was definitely not something I can deal with. Fortunately he get my sight and took the creature from my lap.

"You really didn't lie! We will be finally together again! You ..."

"Taeminnie"Jonghyun interrupted him "You are scaring umma. Come with me for a moment."

They went on what I think should be a balcony, leaving me alone.

At frist I waited patiently but it was too much of temptation and I started to scrutinize the surrounding again.

Everything was so breath-taking. It wasn't luxurious, not at all, but it was beautiful. Like something that came from my dreams.  Jonghyun said that when we marry he let me decorate the house so I guess it shed light on why it was like this. And still ...

Without me noticing I was standing in front of the large bookshelf next the couch. I traced my fingers on the books fascinated. There were so many of them: for kids and for adults, small and big ones, old and new. Everyone of them so interesting as if calling me with sweet voice 'Pick me! Read me!'

I had always liked books. Every one of them held some kind of mystery. The writing itself was one of the greatest miracles I know. It inspired me to write myself and I wanted to become a writer. A writer for children to be exact. That before it happened I guess.

One particular book caught my eyes and I took it from the shelf.

'Our memories' it said.

I fixed my eyes on it not daring to open. Was it ... A photo album?

My hands were shaking.

"Do you want to look at it?"

A voice made me turn around. Jonghyun was standing behind me with Taemin squeezing his hand. The kid was not so hipper anymore instead he looked at me somewhat shyly. [What did they talk about?]

I looked back at the book in my hands and nodded slowly.

"Yeah ..."

If it contained my life from the past six years, I really wanted to know about it. 

 

 

I updated!
I'm sooo happy! Lalalala ^^^
Well it's just the first part but I'm sleepy and if I post the second it will turns out like crap so yeah ...
Kibum doesn't remember anything. Well, he remembers something but not his family. Soon we will see what :p
It's maybe kind of confusing here, Kibum's thoughts I mean. I hope it will gets clearer in a future chapters. It's intentional for now ^^^
No Kyuhyuk here *pouts* . Oh well, sadly they can't be everywhere so I guess you should wait a little.

Please comment and subscribe!

Thanks for reading ^^^

PS: You know from where are the titles right?
I don't know if you understood it because honestly it wasn't explained very well: The first text in the Prologue is from a book Kibum gave Taemin (before his death of course). That's why Taemin is expecting Kibum to come back.

Good night everyone {}