After so long

Missing You {Sequel to Blues}
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 


One of the first things you learn at school is that the Earth is constantly spinning around itself and the sun but we don’t feel it or perceive it. But in that moment Chaerin could feel it with every part of her body. It was like she suddenly could completely see everything spinning.

She saw him.

She saw Jiyong starring at her from his car that was parked on the parking lot with a perfect view of her van. If were not for the fact that she made her arrival on Korea extremely discrete, Chaerin would swear he followed her until there.

The worst part of it all was she did not know how to react. They were completely strangers now, so the only reasonable thing she thought about doing was smiling and then proceed to her meeting with the investors, which by the way was by far the most insufferable and dreadful thing she had ever done.

So after spending three hours with all those men in black suits, inquiring her about her future plans and what she was doing (as if she was lacking on some of her duties as an idol) and her brief but intense meeting with Jiyong, Chaerin rushed to the nearest balcony she found.

The meeting room was on the 12th floor and Chaerin was very thankful for that because fresh air and a breath taking view of Seoul was exactly what she needed at the time.

“Jeez, I wonder what more can happen today…” Chaerin mumbled as she heavily let out a buff of air she seemed to be holding in for quite a long. She was just a little bent over the balcony’s sill enjoying the amazing view YG’s building had.

“Tough day at the meeting room, hun? These guys really don’t mess around when it comes to money…” the male voice said from behind her.

And it almost caused her to trip over the sill and fall on the cold hard ground beneath.

It was his voice.

Idols are trained to never show how they truly feel if the feeling does not suit the situation they are in. For example, if they are sad but are dealing with fans they have to appear joyful and happy. Chaerin never liked this part of being an idol. To her, it was as if you were not being truthful with the people that care about you and love you, it was all acting.

But now more than ever she saw this skill really come in hand.

Turning as smooth as she could, Chaerin looked at Jiyong who was standing behind her. Of course her heart was beating crazily fast and she felt that a faint was nearly happening but after much training on the art of plastering up a smile and playing cool when you are really not, Chaerin could give the impression she was completely comfortable with the situation.

Which she was clearly not.

Chaerin’s eyes immediately scanned over Jiyong. He looked thinner now than a year ago but still handsome. Incredibly handsome.

“Oh? Yeah, they don’t…wish they didn’t put so much pressure on us though” she tried to answer as mindlessly as she could but to her the whole situation was plain awkward and bizarre.

They’ve been close for so long and a little more than a year ago they were dating. But now things were different and she didn’t know how to play things out in this whole new reality.

“Putting pressure is their work, not letting this pressure ruin us is ours” he replied with his cool vibe irradiating from him. Even though Chaerin knew well how to use her acting skills that she learned as idol, Jiyong knew it too and even better than her since he has been on the business longer than her.

 “Yeah…” she responded not quite knowing how to continue the whole conversation. The whole idea of having to be in an awkward silence with Jiyong killed her but she just didn’t know how she could continue the conversation, they were strangers now.

“Came back to Korea for good or are you already going to the airport to go back to the USA?” Jiyong suddenly asked.

Chaerin could feel the goosebumps spreading to her body as his voice flew inside her ears.

He continued the conversation.

He wanted to talk with her.

Maybe that meant they were not so strangers as she imagined.

“No no, I’m staying for a while. I have some things I need to solve here before I can go back.”  Chaerin didn’t want to say that those thi

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter