It All Comes Down to This?

Missing You {Sequel to Blues}
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

 

Traffic. That was definitely Jiyong’s arc enemy from all times. Nothing ever was a barrier for Jiyong, except traffic. Since the airport incident traffic was the one thing that got in the way when Jiyong last needed it.

Once again, Jiyong was stuck in traffic and he could not move from where he was. He couldn’t leave his car in the middle of the street because he had already done that and he didn’t want to lose another car. So he impatiently waited in the middle of traffic, taping his finger on the steering wheel as a way of relaxing.

“You’ve got to be kidding me…” he said after noticing he was there for over an hour. He kept looking at his watch, praying Chaerin would be at the apartment waiting for him.

After almost two hours had passed Jiyong was finally able to move. “I hope I don’t get caught up in traffic again.” he thought, fearing a possible traffic ahead. When free, Jiyong stepped on the gas pedal and tightened his clench around the steering wheel.

He took only ten minutes to arrive at the apartment after he was free from the traffic.

Jiyong parked his car on the garage, walked fast to the elevator and pressed the button. He was really impatient, not knowing if Chaerin had gone to their apartment or to the dorm. “Please, be waiting for me.” he prayed silently.

When the elevator arrived Jiyong jumped in and pressed the button to his floor; his heart was beating fast all the way to his floor, and when the elevator’s door opened to his floor, his heart skipped a beat.

He got off the elevator and stood still in front of the door to his apartment, unsure whether opening it or not. “There’s only one way to know…” he whispered to himself while turning the door knob.

Jiyong opened the door wide open but with his eyes closed; he left himself in, closed the door behind him and took a deep breath, “Now I’ll know…” he thought with his heart racing inside his chest.

The air in his lungs left his body and his heart almost stopped; there she was, lying on the couch, sleeping safe and sound. Jiyong had to hold himself so he’d not jump on her and kiss her. He gave a few steps until he was in front of her.

One does not know what it feels like to have the heart jumping through the chest until they see their loved one after a long waiting; now Jiyong knew it. He didn’t want to wake her up, so he crouched in front of the couch, in front of her face, and watched her sleeping.

His hand reached out to her hair but he refrained from doing so, because he didn’t want to disturb her in her sleep. “God, you came back…” was the only thing he was able to whisper.

As he watched her sleeping, a tear rolled down at his face but he didn’t bother enough to brush it off; he was really happy in seeing her and he wouldn’t try to hide it.

He sat on the floor holding his legs and with his chin propped on his knees, watching her sleep, inhaling her scent and feeling her presence; everything turned special for him. Jiyong starred at her, thinking about the things he wanted to tell her once she was awake.

“I’m sorry for leaving you; I’ll never do it again as long as I’m alive. I need you, I want you and…” Jiyong was thinking but his train of thoughts was interrupted once he noticed that she was opening her eyes. He held his breath unconsciously and waited for her to recover her conscious.

Her eyes opened; she seemed surprised during the first five seconds but her face became peaceful after that. She starred at him in silence and he did the same with her. Jiyong couldn’t read her face well to say what she was thinking but he knew that I miss you was written all over his face.

“It’s been awhile” Chaerin said with cracked voice after almost ten minutes in silence. “It’s been quiet long.” Jiyong replied with a shyly smile. Chaerin then pushed herself up, so she could seat on the couch; Jiyong pushed himself up from the floor and sat on the couch beside her, but with some inches apart.

After both were sat the silence came back and none of the two spoke; the awkwardness feeling the gap between them.

“I’m sorry” Jiyong said facing the ground, after some minutes. “For what?” Chaerin asked facing him. “You know what…” he shot back, too embarrassed to talk about that night. She thought about his answer for one minute before saying anything, and that made him even more nervous.

“In the end it was my fault; I was suffocating you. I became too dependable of you and losing you seemed like the end of the world for me.” Chaerin said with a long sigh. She turned her face to the ground and sighed once more. “That’s why we need to talk…” she added.

“Before you say anything…” Jiyong said and then turned his face to her; she turned to face him too when she noticed he was starring at her. “When I said ‘for worse or for better, just stay with me forever’, I really meant it Chae. You’re the love of my life and I don’t want to lose you. I was childish for leaving you like that and I’ll spend the rest of my life regretting that night.” Jiyong was controlling his emotions the best he could so he could say it softly. He noticed tears streaming down her face but he wasn’t sure if it was something good or not.

“That’s the problem oppa: we are becoming too dependable.” Chaerin replied with shaky voice. “I spent the last seven days crying and analyzing our relationship and I realized that, I’m blind with jealousy and it is not a good thing for neither of us. I still love you, so much that it consumes me, but…I can’t be consumed this way.” she added, and at this point tears were already falling.

All the air inside Jiyong’s lungs left his body when he heard her last sentence; he still could not read her but he knew it what she was saying. Jiyong was mute and no word would come out of his mouth.

“I think this is the best for us right now…I need to learn how to live without you again, so I can learn how to live with you and don’t suffocate you with my obsession…” Chaerin said facing the ground again. Jiyong could hear her sniffs and co

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter